Dublin Mid West - Election 2018

drjimryan2

With a likely election early in 2018, and the tanaiste unlikely to run again at 67.......who will fg run here......will it be Kenny Egan?

Betson

With a likely election early in 2018, and the tanaiste unlikely to run again at 67.......who will fg run here......will it be Kenny Egan?
Letting the boxing puns commence.

Can't see Kenny getting the nomination. Also I think Fitz will run again.

im axeled

its about time the political partys and the voters took a stand against corruption

Round tower

The FG selection convention for Dublin West is tonight and FF was contesting the convention don't know if that will change with her resignation

mangaire2

The FG selection convention for Dublin West is tonight and FF was contesting the convention don't know if that will change with her resignation
heard in some News that the ol gal has tweeted that she will be at the convention & putting her name forward !!!!!
that's brass neck for you !!!
when it comes to arrogance, the Blueshirts are unbeatable.

the secretary

its about time the political partys and the voters took a stand against corruption
How many TDs in the Dail have been found guilty of corruption?

the secretary

A better question might be 'how many in the past five Dails have successfully avoided being charged with corruption?'
Thats not the question i asked.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Thats not the question i asked.
I know but exulting in Ireland's infamous inability to charge anyone with corruption despite being one of the most corrupt states in Europe is probably the wrong line of question.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
If I recall correctly only one bent former minister has spent time in jail for corruption. Bearing in mind also that one public servant was interrupted at Dublin airport in an attempt to leave the country with a large bag of cash.

And in the latter case the state ended up trying to say he'd done nothing wrong despite every dog in the street being well aware of his cash-based proclivities.

That's how truly sh1ttily inept the state is when it comes to corruption. The chap in the case I mention might as well have been wearing a mask and stripey jumper and carrying a bag with 'SWAG' written on it.

Round tower

A better question might be 'how many in the past five Dails have successfully avoided being charged with corruption?'
That would be the 26th Dail in 89, that case could be made about TD's since 69 when a number of TD's was found not guilty of trying to import for the IRA although one of the other found not guilty claimed on radio they were guilty.
In too the 80's u had the CH, GUBU, Doherty as MOJ, phone tapping, ringing the president not to disolve the Dail, Goodman tribunal and John Ellis.
People complain about corruption but what is the difference with GA and pretty much all SF politicans and their support of good republics and the celebration of the IRA at their recent AF

the secretary

I know but exulting in Ireland's infamous inability to charge anyone with corruption despite being one of the most corrupt states in Europe is probably the wrong line of question.
Well what allegations of corruption have TDs been questioned about without charge?
Could you give me a few links? There must be loads to choose from

Fumancu

Former Tánaiste Frances Fitzgerald has been selected by Fine Gael to contest the next general election in Dublin Mid-West tonight.

In a tweet, she said she was honoured to be selected as a candidate for the party in the constituency.

Cllr Emer Higgins was also selected tonight.

Two others - Vicki Casserly and William Lavell - withdrew.

bogtrotter

Former Tánaiste Frances Fitzgerald has been selected by Fine Gael to contest the next general election in Dublin Mid-West tonight.

In a tweet, she said she was honoured to be selected as a candidate for the party in the constituency.

Cllr Emer Higgins was also selected tonight.

Two others - Vicki Casserly and William Lavell - withdrew.
So resigning on a corruption accusation did not deter her or the party.....Says it all really.

New Threads

Most Replies