Dublin North Central

davehiggz

Series of threads on each constituency:

ElectionsIreland.org: 30th Dail - Dublin North Central First Preference Votes

There are boundary changes in this constituency as laid out in the Constituency Commission Report.

Currently: 1 FG, 1 FF and 1 Independent

Richard Bruton is safe.

Sean Haughey is probably safe however his vote will be down.

Finian McGrath will likely retain his seat however if Labour can garner enough support then there'll be a seat for them in McGrath's place.

I predict: 1 FG, 1 FF and 1 Independent.

Richard Bruton will top the poll, with Aodhan O'Riordan polling well for Labour and getting in on Green and Sinn Féin transfers, Ivor Calleley may well replace Sean Haughey as the single FF TD. Finian McGrath should not be written off either and will give Labour a run for their money.

LgCastell

Richard Bruton will top the poll, with Aodhan O'Riordan polling well for Labour and getting in on Green and Sinn Féin transfers, Ivor Calleley may well replace Sean Haughey as the single FF TD. Finian McGrath should not be written off either and will give Labour a run for their money.
how times change -calleley cant even run now ..... and there will be 7000 votes floating and cant see these automatically goin to FF lab could be in with a chance if they can garner these and mcdoweel is well placed to do this as hes clontarf based which is where calleley's holiday home is and where his pol base is

could public anger be so great against mcgrath for being a gov lapdog that lab could take his place i think haughey is safe enough even with oublic anger and ff decline

1 FG 1 FF last Lab and McGrath think Lab could shave it

DeGaulle 2.0

Website
ga.wikipedia.org
how times change -calleley cant even run now ..... and there will be 7000 votes floating and cant see these automatically goin to FF lab could be in with a chance if they can garner these and mcdoweel is well placed to do this as hes clontarf based which is where calleley's holiday home is and where his pol base is

could public anger be so great against mcgrath for being a gov lapdog that lab could take his place i think haughey is safe enough even with oublic anger and ff decline

1 FG 1 FF last Lab and McGrath think Lab could shave it
FG will take 1 seat.
Labour should take a seat - if they are on 30% in Dublin they have to take a seat here.
That leaves the last seat between FF and McGrath

Blanchinner

Ahem , ye did'nt reckon on him havin to be kicked out , !!!!LOL !!!

Blanchinner

Mary Lou mc Donald is really putting the work in ,on the ground. she now lives in the constituency and has kept her head down to do the graft. She'll definitly give O'sullivan a run for her money for the "gregory" seat. If Christy Burke runs ,which is possible ,she'll pick up a lot of his transfers, and there is huge support amongst O 'Sullivans voters for SF.

hiding behind a poster

Mary Lou mc Donald is really putting the work in ,on the ground. she now lives in the constituency and has kept her head down to do the graft. She'll definitly give O'sullivan a run for her money for the "gregory" seat. If Christy Burke runs ,which is possible ,she'll pick up a lot of his transfers, and there is huge support amongst O 'Sullivans voters for SF.
Wrong constituency, dude.

hiding behind a poster

Anyway, I reckon it'll be 1 FG (Bruton), 1 Labour (O'Riordan) and 1 FF (Haughey). One of the reasons FF have been so busily shafting Callely in recent weeks has been that this is the kind of constituency where FF have 2 TDs but would much rather only run one candidate.

needle_too

McGrath is very busy on the ground in this constituency. This is his strength, everyone knows his face.
Cant see Calleley getting in with the current mood.
Bruton is rock solid here.

I'd agree on a possible Labour gain but McGrath will put up a fight.

Red_93

Labour got 20% in the LEs, and have gained since. I'd say a labour gain is very much on the cards.

Mushroom

With Ivor in the septic tank, is this the constituency where Dee Heney might have hopes of an FF nomination? Surely she'd be likely to get more FF votes than shakings of the bag Hawhee will.

Rocket Man

On current poll figures Lab are certain to pick up a seat here. Bruton is safe, of course, and the last seat will be fought out between Haughey and McGrath. At this stage I would go with Haughey. As for Ivor, he will have plenty of free time to enjoy the beauty of west Cork.

needle_too

Anyone know who the Labour candidate is?

As I pointed out everyone knows Bruton and Haughey, and McGrath is a local 'face'.

Thus far no one has mentioned a Labour name, just 'the Labour candidate' - more telling than any poll, I'd say.

hiding behind a poster

Anyone know who the Labour candidate is?

As I pointed out everyone knows Bruton and Haughey, and McGrath is a local 'face'.

Thus far no one has mentioned a Labour name, just 'the Labour candidate' - more telling than any poll, I'd say.
Its Aodhan O'Riordain.

The Salmon of Knowledge

Jesus Sinn Fein are so out of touch in dublin they cant even get their constituencies right!:oops:

LeDroit

I don't think you were alone in FF in thinking this. Now, who is it who benefits most from the drip, drip media leaking campaign that has politically assassinated Callely? Hmmmm.

Chip off the aul block. ;)

needle_too

Its Aodhan O'Riordain.
Or as the locals call him, 'Who?'

So anonymous I didnt even notice his name in a previous post.:oops:

Ivor Calleley may well replace Sean Haughey as the single FF TD.
Are people serious about this?
Even a dyed-in-the-wool FF'ers must see Calleley as a liability, or do they take the electorate for total mugs? (worked in Mayo, I suppose)
C'mon though.
Seriously!
Calleley?
Hes not even in the party anymore, is he?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies