Dublin Says No to Hate

Clanrickard

edg

Of course you are - *wink wink*Except now you're making stuff up in order to troll.
There is no wink wink about it. Born and raised a lefty by two very lefty parents. Been in very senior leadership roles within the left and still fight the good fight despite the far right trying to take over the left and control their narrative.

Now do you have a point to make or are you just here for a quick troll?

Also, do you really want to ban a massive proportion of rap music?

edg

Apart from her explicit threats to prosecute anyone who criticizes her or her insane ramblings.

You forgot that bit.
Yet, you campaign for her to have the right to do this by wanting restrictions on people's speech.

edg

She has half of twitter blocked and half a dozen writs with the high court. It seems the only free speech she's interested in is her own.
It's a great argument for not restricting people's speech.

On a side note, I see Rural has liked your post. Very ironic seeing as she has half this thread on ignore!

benroe

Apart from her explicit threats to prosecute anyone who criticizes her or her insane ramblings.

You forgot that bit.
I meant she doesn't have the numbers or the clout to affect free speech legislation.

Rural

The mob this thread is about.
That "Mob" turned up to march on one Saturday of the G-Troop's 4 week (approx.) protest outside Google offices on Barrow Street. The Gardaí eventually had to move the G-Troops along as they were a public nuisance, banging drums and playing the flute (very badly).

As the law stands, Gemma is entitled to free speech and she can say what she likes, but Google is a private company and they have Ts & Cs, which Gemma signed up to and then Gemma broke them. What Gemma wants is for Google to change the rules to suit her.

Edit - Free speech comes with responsibility, if Gemma was continuing to put up videos that were to cause harm or worse to an individual, then Google would also be responsible.

Last edited:

Buchaill Dana

That "Mob" turned up to march on one Saturday of the G-Troop's 4 week (approx.) protest outside Google offices on Barrow Street. The Gardaí eventually had to move the G-Troops along as they were a public nuisance, banging drums and playing the flute (very badly).

As the law stands, Gemma is entitled to free speech and she can say what she likes, but Google is a private company and they have Ts & Cs, which Gemma signed up to and then Gemma broke them. What Gemma wants is for Google to change the rules to suit her.

Edit - Free speech comes with responsibility, if Gemma was continuing to put up videos that were to cause harm or worse to an individual, then Google would also be responsible.
Benroe is pretending to be a liberal.

Gemma's mob = good.

The counter protest = bad.

Guess which one had nazis, fascists and loyalists?

benroe

I'm fine with Google banning her, I'm fine with the Gardai breaking up her protest, I'm a bit worried about the agenda of the counter protest, what I'm not fine with is people using this whole incident as an excuse to curb free speech.

benroe

Benroe is pretending to be a liberal.

Gemma's mob = good.

The counter protest = bad.

Guess which one had nazis, fascists and loyalists?
Gemma's mob=bad

The counter protest=worse.

cobhguy

Which part do you think is a lie so I can defend myself.

I don't lie.

This part "

Read back over the thread. We even had anti free speech fascists saying disrespectful speech should be banned."

So where did an anti free speech fascists say that.

yosef shompeter

yosef shompeter said:
Nothing against Muslims, myself but I'd prefer if they stayed over in the Islamic part of the world where they were born and brought up. Is that racist?

Yes, very.

Yes, very.
No, I would respectfully dispute this. Do I want 100,000 Eskimos to come and live in my home town? How bout 90,000 Hottentots -- Catholics, mind you? No I would not be very enthusiastic. Do I hate Eskimos or Hottentots? No, never had either the need or the occasion to do so. But a nation should kind of grow naturally. This mass-migration in the space of two decades has created massive imbalances. I acknowledge that EU citizens have the right to settle here, just as reciprocally we Irish have the right to live and work in EU countries. But all this has been settled legally. Now there was a little referendum under the Micahel McDowel, Bertie Ahearne admin back in the noughties about migration and citizenship I believe?

edg

This part "

Read back over the thread. We even had anti free speech fascists saying disrespectful speech should be banned."

So where did an anti free speech fascists say that.
Are you denying the person who said that is an anti free speech fascist or are you saying no one said disrespectful speech should fall under the category of hate speech?

cobhguy

Are you denying the person who said that is an anti free speech fascist or are you saying no one said disrespectful speech should fall under the category of hate speech?
Yes I am saying that no one on this thread has said that.

Buchaill Dana

yosef shompeter said:
Nothing against Muslims, myself but I'd prefer if they stayed over in the Islamic part of the world where they were born and brought up. Is that racist?

Yes, very.

No, I would respectfully dispute this. Do I want 100,000 Eskimos to come and live in my home town? How bout 90,000 Hottentots -- Catholics, mind you? No I would not be very enthusiastic. Do I hate Eskimos or Hottentots? No, never had either the need or the occasion to do so. But a nation should kind of grow naturally. This mass-migration in the space of two decades has created massive imbalances. I acknowledge that EU citizens have the right to settle here, just as reciprocally we Irish have the right to live and work in EU countries. But all this has been settled legally. Now there was a little referendum under the Micahel McDowel, Bertie Ahearne admin back in the noughties about migration and citizenship I believe?
But you picked Muslims out over all other groups. You said they should stay where they are from, which is a touch more than plain anti immigration

edg

Yes I am saying that no one on this thread has said that.
It was YOU who said it!

A poster defending free speech said,

"I think speech should be acceptable up until it becomes criminal,"

You disagreed and retorted,

"So nothing about morals, respect for people, constutitional right to live in peace or even the harm it can cause people, people should just accept hate speech."

Why do you think that not having respect for someone in what you say should be a hate crime?
I mean, you dont write about me with much respect, you falsely accused me of being a lier, which thankfully I was easily able to vindicate.

Imagine a world where your disrespect towards me constituted a crime!
I don't want you criminalised for this, what makes you think others do?

You also mention morals. Do you want people talking about immoral things to be criminalised too?

We had a poster wanting to take children from posters she disagreed with, now we have you wanting immoral speech criminalised!

I always wondered what happened to all holier than thou feckwits who would have joined the church but didn't as they got rumbled.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies