Dublin Says No to Hate

benroe

I don't want to curb free speech at all, but I think that people are mixing up "Hate Speech" with "Free Speech" and there is a big fat line between the two, I certainly know which is which.
It doesn't matter if you think you know where the line should be drawn, what matters is where the line is drawn in law and if those who censor have a bias. Ask yourself if you think there are no posters here defending free speech without a hateful motive, because all the progressives here are attacking all those defending free speech, this should give you some clue as to the motives and bias of progressives.

If you were to say to me "I'm going to find you and kill you", I wouldn't take that seriously at all, you have no idea who I am, where I am or how big my dog is (well you may have an idea about the dog as he was my avatar once). I wouldn't be calling the authorities.

But if you knew who I was, where I was, went on Twitter (or something) and gave all your "Rural Hating" friends this information and started a campaign, that would be more than a bit hateful and it could lead to injury or worse.
This sounds like a clear case of harassment and illegal.
Funnily enough all of this could be happening to me right now and I wouldn't know because I am not on any social media sites except this and facebook.

Reactions: edg

edg

You. Are. Not. Irish. Your turn of phrase is all wrong.
Thats a bit bloody racist.

Do you shout that at people you think are non Irish on the streets too?

Why don't you just admit you are far right? The mask has slipped enough.

edg

Not really, but it explains your lack of understanding of how it works
You think people from northern Europe have a lack of understanding on how arguments work?

The neo left in action. This is why no one believes you guys when you say ye are not racist.

Rural

We are now down several rabbit holes.

When posters are asked to explain where they are from and their background, debate is lost completely.

Is there a Moderator in the house?

Politics matters

Not that I expect you to answer but I’m wondering if the Gardai are investigating some of the posters on here who have stepped over the line into hate speech. Those that are out and out racists defending the indefensible.
What is so special about P.ie? How many people have even heard of this site? I imagine if the Gardai were concerned about breaches of the Incitement to Hatred Act they would focus their attention on, Twitter, Facebook etc.

I suspect the mods are (and rightly so) only concerned about defamation.

Several months there was a glitch on the system and for some reason, I had access to the mod only threads.

I was alarmed to see that a well-known wife of a certain businessman (or at least she went by that name) had set up an account here to complain about 'sexually inappropriate' comments that posters were making about her on one of the threads. The woman was threatening to take legal action against the site if the mods didn't remove the comments.

Rural

Yet picked up only American far right lingo.
Sorry now, but where an individual poster is from and what their upbringing is has nothing to do with any debate. My parents and I would be poles (North and South) apart as regards well....everything.

This thread has far too much personal attack and very little debate, to be honest and I know you didn't start it, the two who did are the only two on my "Ignore" list at the moment.

Buchaill Dana

Sorry now, but where an individual poster is from and what their upbringing is has nothing to do with any debate. My parents and I would be poles (North and South) apart as regards well....everything.

This thread has far too much personal attack and very little debate, to be honest and I know you didnt start it, the two who did are the only two on my "Ignore" list at the moment.
I simply (correctly) pointed out that it was clear the poster was not Irish. It matters when our immigrant chum is anti immigration.

Rural

What is so special about P.ie? How many people have even heard of this site? I imagine if the Gardai were concerned about breaches of the Incitement to Hatred Act they would focus their attention on, Twitter, Facebook etc.

I suspect the mods are (and rightly so) only concerned about defamation.

Several months there was a glitch on the system and for some reason, I had access to the mod only threads.

I was alarmed to see that a well-known wife of a certain businessman (or at least she went by that name) had set up an account here to complain about 'sexually inappropriate' comments that posters were making about her on one of the threads. The woman was threatening to take legal action against the site if the mods didn't remove the comments.
It's reported that the Gardaí are looking into the incitement from a certain awarded princess and the reaction of her goulish followers, over a particular Lidl advert. Other than that I don't think they're bothered.

I simply (correctly) pointed out that it was clear the poster was not Irish. It matters when our immigrant chum is anti immigration.
He's anti everything that might shake things up for the better perhaps. Personally I wouldn't spend half a minute with people who have closed minds like that and who think that free speech is all about insulting people.

Politics matters

It's reported that the Gardaí are looking into the incitement from a certain awarded princess and the reaction of her goulish followers, over a particular Lidl advert. Other than that I don't think they're bothered.

He's anti everything that might shake things up for the better perhaps.
What exactly did Gemma say that was illegal?

Rural

What exactly did Gemma say that was illegal?
Ask the Public Accounts Committee and the Gardaí - Don't ask me. I don't follow Gemma, just some of her crap comes up on my Twitter account as the people I follow laugh their kacks off at some of her shyte.

Ask someone else.

Politics matters

Ask the Public Accounts Committee and the Gardaí - Don't ask me. I don't follow Gemma, just some of her crap comes up on my Twitter account as the people I follow laugh their kacks off at some of her shyte.

Ask someone else.
Yeah because she said nothing wrong.

Merely highlighting that Lidl was pushing a multicultural agenda.

I don't know why Gemma is getting the blame for the alleged threats that are being directed at the couple.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies