Dublin Says No to Hate

edg

I already explained to you how you’re trying to downplay mass incarceration. When it was pointed out to you that a capitalist society incarcerates more people than anywhere else you sought to downplay that fact by deflecting attention to the prison system in a county that no longer exists.

All the while you’re attempting to do this by lying about what I said. And you have the cheek to think I’m the one who owes the other an apology? ;)
No you didn't.

You simply tired to say the Gulags are not as bad as the US penal system.

I have stated I find the US justice system horrendous and the Gulags even worse. No downplaying from me.

You are the one arguing that the mass murder and mass imprisonment carried out by the far left is not as bad as the US penal system!

You think Obama presided over a worse penal regime than the Russian Gulags or the mass murder carried out by the Khmer Rouge!!!!

You need to apologise to humanity, not just to me.

Last edited:

Clanrickard

3. The Gardai wouldn't let GemGems into a secure location 'to use the bathroom' being proof of Soros.
The Guards would not let her film in the polling station. Fine I agree she should not be allowed to do so. But was Senator Cliord Lee allowed to film?

Clanrickard

No you didn't.

You simply tired to say the Gulags are not as bad as the US penal system.

I have stated I find the US justice system horrendous and the Gulags even worse. No downplaying from me.

You are the one arguing that the mass murder and mass imprisonment carried out by the far left is not as bad as the US penal system!

You think Obama presided over a worse penal regime than the Russian Gulags or the mass murder carried out by the Khmer Rouge!!!!

You need to apologise to humanity, not just to me.
He's trolling and badly at that. Anyone who thinks Capitalism locks up more people than the far left regimes is to be laughed at.

Buchaill Dana

The Guards would not let her film in the polling station. Fine I agree she should not be allowed to do so. But was Senator Cliord Lee allowed to film?
At one level, agreed. One rule for all. But GemGems has accused them of murder, abused and generally annoyed them for months. I'm not surprised they aren't likely to use discretion or turn a blind eye.

Buchaill Dana

He's trolling and badly at that. Anyone who thinks Capitalism locks up more people than the far left regimes is to be laughed at.
Right now, the US locks up 22% of the worlds prisoners, way ahead of all other states. Officially they are way ahead in % terms of the darkest Soviet days. But can you trust the USSR's numbers?

Clanrickard

Right now, the US locks up 22% of the worlds prisoners, way ahead of all other states. Officially they are way ahead in % terms of the darkest Soviet days. But can you trust the USSR's numbers?
This stat is obviously untrue. China has more for a start if you count the Uighurs. That said the US is an outlier. Most capitalist systems lock up nothing like that. Also oprsioers in the US are jailed because they broke the law not because the party didn't like the cut of their jib. Can I trust the USSR numbers? No.

Splodge

This stat is obviously untrue. China has more for a start if you count the Uighurs. That said the US is an outlier. Most capitalist systems lock up nothing like that. Also oprsioers in the US are jailed because they broke the law not because the party didn't like the cut of their jib. Can I trust the USSR numbers? No.
America has a high rate of imprisonment because there money to be made out of it.

Buchaill Dana

Even counting the Uighurs. US has 2.3m locked up. China 1.6m. So are their 700k Uighurs in the camps? We hope not, but even so, the US locks up more than 4 times what the Chinese do.

According to this the US has more prisoners than the USSR had, including gulags at their peak.

Thems the stats.

Mercurial

If you’re willing to declare as false facts that don’t agree with your narrative merely because they don’t agree with your narrative, you’re only ever going to end up believing what you want to believe.

One of the reasons why the US is an outlier among capitalist countries is precisely because their prison system includes privately owned for-profit prisons. It’s because of, not in spite of its capitalist ethos, that the US excels is depriving people of their rights.

A Voice

If you’re willing to declare as false facts that don’t agree with your narrative merely because they don’t agree with your narrative, you’re only ever going to end up believing what you want to believe.

One of the reasons why the US is an outlier among capitalist countries is precisely because their prison system includes privately owned for-profit prisons. It’s because of, not in spite of its capitalist ethos, that the US excels is depriving people of their rights.
Think about that for a teeny minute.
Where does ALL their income actually come from?

Clanrickard

Even counting the Uighurs. US has 2.3m locked up. China 1.6m. So are their 700k Uighurs in the camps? We hope not, but even so, the US locks up more than 4 times what the Chinese do.

According to this the US has more prisoners than the USSR had, including gulags at their peak.

Thems the stats.
There are at least 1 million Uighurs in camps. Anyway that is hair splitting. One cannot believe the figures of Communist regimes. Also there is a difference being sentenced for a criminal offense in open court and being whisked of to a camp on the qt for any or no reason.

Clanrickard

Prisoners in the US were not "deprived of their rights". They were found guilty of an offence in an open court for all to see. Furthermore they were incarcerated for a specific time after which they will be released. I think too many custodial senteces are handed out and too any prsioners is not a good thing for any society. Even Trumpie has passed an act to release the minor offenders. That is still a milion miles from being sent thousands of miles awy to forced labour and torture at the whim of a Communist security official.

Hillmanhunter1

America has a high rate of imprisonment because there money to be made out of it.
That is certainly part of the story, the race dimension cannot be overlooked either. Far more African Americans are incarcerated (and for longer stretches) than whites. Then factor in the US laws that disenfranchise felons.

If you haven't seen this you should:

Buchaill Dana

There are at least 1 million Uighurs in camps. Anyway that is hair splitting. One cannot believe the figures of Communist regimes. Also there is a difference being sentenced for a criminal offense in open court and being whisked of to a camp on the qt for any or no reason.
So the US incarceration rate is normal?

The argument wasn't the how people end up behind bars, its that repressive regimes don't actually lock up more people than the west, which can be argues

A Voice

It comes from multiple sources. Some of it comes from the prisoners themselves; a modern form of slavery.
Nah. It's not "private" prisons. The government investigates, arrests, prosecutes, and sentences. To save (taxpayers') money in wages and pensions, it has in certain cases outsourced the final bit - incarceration.
It's outsourcing, no more than that. "Capitalism" is a red herring here.

Mercurial

Prisoners in the US were not "deprived of their rights". They were found guilty of an offence in an open court for all to see. Furthermore they were incarcerated for a specific time after which they will be released. I think too many custodial senteces are handed out and too any prsioners is not a good thing for any society. Even Trumpie has passed an act to release the minor offenders. That is still a milion miles from being sent thousands of miles awy to forced labour and torture at the whim of a Communist security official.
”Prisoners in the US were not "deprived of their rights". They were found guilty of an offence in an open court for all to see.”

This is an astonishingly naive claim.

Mercurial

Nah. It's not "private" prisons. The government investigates, arrests, prosecutes, and sentences. To save (taxpayers') money in wages and pensions, it has in certain cases outsourced the final bit - incarceration.
It's outsourcing, no more than that. "Capitalism" is a red herring here.
This is also incredibly naive. Owners of private prisons lobby the government to engage in practices that maximise their profit, not to mention the fact that the government itself often depends upon the slave labour that prisoners provide.

New Threads

Most Replies