Dublin South Bye Election 2011

Ulster-Lad

Who will be the FG candidate in this bye election ?
I do not see them putting forward anyone in the by-election because the GE will probably take place long before any by-elections.

Bridget558

I do not see them putting forward anyone in the by-election because the GE will probably take place long before any by-elections.
Dont know why you think the goverment will fall, people have been saying the goverment will fall any day now since 2008 and it still has not happened and i dont think it will. I think they will hold the 3 bye elections in may or june, i think FF will win donegal,(pat the cope will probably be their candidate) that will help keep them going untill summer 12. Now back to my question who might be the Fg candidate in dublin south? John bruton ? Gay mitchell ? Eamon dunphy ? George hooke ?

hiding behind a poster

If, and its a big "if" the by-election ever happens, you could be very surprised at the identity of the FG candidate.

wombat

gijoe

If, and its a big "if" the by-election ever happens, you could be very surprised at the identity of the FG candidate.
At this rate FG will be reduced to throwing a dart at a list of names on the electoral register. If FG had a candidate they would have moved the writ. There failure to move the writ speaks volumes.

Bridget558

At this rate FG will be reduced to throwing a dart at a list of names on the electoral register. If FG had a candidate they would have moved the writ. There failure to move the writ speaks volumes.
They did try to move the writ for it and the other two last month

hiding behind a poster

They did move the writ. It was voted down.

TommyO'Brien

At this rate FG will be reduced to throwing a dart at a list of names on the electoral register. If FG had a candidate they would have moved the writ.
Eh . . . they did.

DAZ14

No the general will come only after the by elections as it will be the b elections that trigger the collapse of the government. Currently its 79-83 assuming Noel Grealish really is an indenpendent voting against the government if they lose all three by elections its opp 82 gov 83. not tenable. if however FF win donegal over SF they will have a 3 seat majority and dont be surprised if they hang on for as long as possible. this will probs and hopefully be their last budget though. and i agree with a previous statement, it doesnt really matter anyway as the IMF are on the way. 7% yields today, imagine them when the government collapses and we have a month of uncertaint. 8%? 9%?

Rocky

Who will be the FG candidate in this bye election ?
This has become more relevant again now that the party organisation in Dublin South are bringing the government to court over their opposition to holding the by-election.

John Kennedy a fairly young member who previously ran for the Seanad is looking for the nomination and he's putting a lot of effort into getting it, ads in newspapers etc. Beyond that I don't think anyone else has announced their interest.

hiding behind a poster

This has become more relevant again now that the party organisation in Dublin South are bringing the government to court over their opposition to holding the by-election.

John Kennedy a fairly young member who previously ran for the Seanad is looking for the nomination and he's putting a lot of effort into it. Beyond that I don't think anyone else has announced their interest.
It won't be John Kennedy.

willy nilly

Hope it is John Kennedy!!!!!!!! He's no JFK!!!!!
FG in Dub South in some state if his name is even mentioned in any serious conversation!!!

mido

peter sutherland would lose to much money by leaving the "the world's most powerful investment bank is a great vampire squid wrapped around the face of humanity, relentlessly jamming its blood funnel into anything that smells like money" matt tabbi rolling stone 2010

New Threads

Most Replies