Dublin South Candidates

Econdo

I have heard that Labour held their convention late last week and have official selected Senator Alex White but fell short and selecting a running mate...

Fianna Fail Cumann nominations were to be in COB last Friday, In Dublin South I hear only one name put forward, that of Senator Maria Corrigan....

I have not heard anything of FG I take it that they will run three most likely Alan Shatter TD , Olivia Mitchell TD and one other ???

No word from the Greens but take it that Eamon Ryan TD will run..

No word from SF...

Has anyone heard anything else....

With 5 seats I see it as, FG x 2 (3), LAB x 1 (2) FF x 1

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
I believe that they were instructed to choose one candidate only and that HQ will impose another candidate. If I was a betting man, my money would be on councillor Lettie McCarthy.

Rocky

FG's convention is next monday. As far as I know Alan Shatter, Olivia Mitchell and John Kennedy are still the only declared candidates, but there's rumours that someone else is running.

Econdo

I believe that they were instructed to choose one candidate only and that HQ will impose another candidate. If I was a betting man, my money would be on councillor Lettie McCarthy.
I believe there are three names in the hat to team up with Alex White... Richard Humphrey's, Aidan Culhane and Lettie McCarthy... The big problem with Lettie is that she is not well liked within the Labour camp.....

LgCastell

this will be an interesting contest with both FFers out of the picture theres alot of votes looking for a new home how many will FF run Corrigan would seem to get the nod and i would say two FF is out of the question so...

Alex White will do well and could come close to the top of the pile will lab be running aidan culhane again too?

FG will prob go with Mitchell, Shatter and another (Personally i'd love to see GLee back in the fray) and if he was FG would be on for three..

There were rumours of Liz running as an Indo wasnt there any substance?

eamon ryanhad a high FPV last time out but i think hes damaged goods now and prob wont pull in the same vote and should lose out

it'll swing on selection for FG if they get three but should hold two, lab def on for 1 the last a was for FF,Lab#2,FG#3 and Eamon Ryan

Econdo

FG's convention is next monday. As far as I know Alan Shatter, Olivia Mitchell and John Kennedy are still the only declared candidates, but there's rumours that someone else is running.
I would have thought that Cllr Gearoid O'Keefe would put his name forward after all he must have been offered something to join FG some months ago>>>>

LgCastell

I believe there are three names in the hat to team up with Alex White... Richard Humphrey's, Aidan Culhane and Lettie McCarthy... The big problem with Lettie is that she is not well liked within the Labour camp.....
also lettie's base in stepaside with compliment whites in terenure too opposite ends of the constituency

Econdo

this will be an interesting contest with both FFers out of the picture theres alot of votes looking for a new home how many will FF run Corrigan would seem to get the nod and i would say two FF is out of the question so...

Alex White will do well and could come close to the top of the pile will lab be running aidan culhane again too?

FG will prob go with Mitchell, Shatter and another (Personally i'd love to see GLee back in the fray) and if he was FG would be on for three..

There were rumours of Liz running as an Indo wasnt there any substance?

eamon ryanhad a high FPV last time out but i think hes damaged goods now and prob wont pull in the same vote and should lose out

it'll swing on selection for FG if they get three but should hold two, lab def on for 1 the last a was for FF,Lab#2,FG#3 and Eamon Ryan
I think it could be a smart move by FF to run just Corrigan...If they get the FF vote out in Dublin South behind well then they can secure one seat..Lets face it there is no two seats for FF in Dublin South come next election...

redhead101

I have heard that Labour held their convention late last week and have official selected Senator Alex White but fell short and selecting a running mate...
The convention was snowed off last week. BTW, Humphreys has thrown his weight behind White.

Simbo67

Keith,
For your sake, I hope you are not a betting man!

Could Jim O'Leary make a come back?

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
I think it could be a smart move by FF to run just Corrigan...If they get the FF vote out in Dublin South behind well then they can secure one seat..Lets face it there is no two seats for FF in Dublin South come next election...

No but I'm not sure running one to get one is the best thing to do in a five seater. Two from Kitt, Corrigan and one of Brennan's kids looks like the best option.

Rocky

Keith,
For your sake, I hope you are not a betting man!

Could Jim O'Leary make a come back?
It'd be great if he did, but I really doubt he will and I haven't heard any mention of it.

meriwether

If you were a betting man, you woul currently be queueing outside a soup kitchen.

meriwether

Cllr Cait Keane has thrown her hat into the ring, convention for FG is on 13th in the Goat in Goatstown.

Econdo

No but I'm not sure running one to get one is the best thing to do in a five seater. Two from Kitt, Corrigan and one of Brennan's kids looks like the best option.
The problem is Seamus Brennan's offspring are not him by any stretch of the imagination ..... besides that they did not seek to have their names put forward....which says a lot..anyway by running two this could divide the FF vote and run the risk of not winning any seat...

Rocky

Cllr Cait Keane has thrown her hat into the ring, convention for FG is on 13th in the Goat in Goatstown.
Interesting. Has any other cllr yet?

meriwether

True, the €1.2k I won on the 2007 election is well spent by now!
I'm sure you did pet. I'm sure you did.

(Poor Grandpa Keith mixes up 1977 and 2007 again, and 1 shilling and 2 pence, with €1,200 - tragic).

New Threads

Most Replies