• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Dublin South East

Jim84

:lol: You selected Andrews :lol:

You had a better chance at holding the seat if Keegan was running.

On other note, over 200 hundred people at McDowell public meeting this evening... some of the local councillors (and ex-councillors) attendances but Humphreys was the only non-PD to speak at it.

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
does this mean all the nonsensical internal FF DSE stuff is over ?

That fcuk for that.

Oh, and I've never met Keegan, but after looking at his website, and watching his shenanigans re Joe Rafferty (and comments re Malcolm O' Byrne), I'm fcuking delighted for him.

Pollster

Shaping up to be an interesting campaign:

Gormely
Doolan
McDowell
Quinn (Humphreys)
Andrews (O'Callaghan)
Lucinda

Anyone care to make a prediction?

McDowell
Quinn
Gormely
Lucinda/Andrews/Doolan/Humphreys

Jim84

I'm laughing at the fact that FF have selected a failed candidate, failed to win in the last GE and failed again to get re-elected to the council.

You know what they say "bad luck comes in threes"... well on the other hand it's really good luck for DSE residents.

Wonder what fictional polls were floating about that is allowing FF to rationalise this massive political miscalculation.

Jubilant ... jubilant, NO FF representative for DSE in the 30th Dáil :)

Dancing Queen

Any details on how the count went? Who was eliminated first? Who was the runner up? It will be interesting to see who is subsequently added to that ticket?

Decko

it will be interesting to get the reports from Rev/ Min 3 et al tomorrow.

Unless FF HQ can pull a parachute out of the bag, there must be a fair chance of a repetition of the LE Pembroke result and them not winning a seat.

sob

Lads and lassies you are all showing you rage at Andrews been selected
We all know he will win the seat its a general eletion .not a local and the sad litle man will have the might of the Ryan team behind him this time .

Rya will want to keep this seat for his own ego. so lets not fool ourselfs. ANDREWS WAS THE THE LAST THING WE WANTED FOR TO BE THE FRONT RUNNER FOR FF.
The best solution now is for R Quinn to step aside and let Humphreys and his nephew to run.

FF will now add O Callaghan so Kevin will take the inner city vote and the Nephw the middle class vote away from O Callaghan,

Keegan was never going to be a runner although we all wanted that but we done our best to discredit him hopeing the FF would be more determined to select him but it backfired on us.

Its now time that Labour make the though decisions and put Humphreys on the ticket ,

Cannot believe they did not select Keegan after all my efforts.

CorkHurler

All the talk of FF not winning a seat in Dublin SE is actually going to help us. Remember the predictions about Kerry nth before the last election. FF actually polled the highest vote and won the first seat. It looks like McDowell, Lucinda and possibility of FF not winning a seat will be the focus of media coverage of Dublin SE. Gormley will be regarded as "safe". In my view this will work to Gormley's disadvantage and he will be squeezed out. Time will tell!

cllr

Jim84 There were three reasons why i did not attend the PD Meeting last night:

1) I was minding my own children,
2) I was doing a Radion Interview ( by phone ) on 98FM
and 3) The Plan re the Port is so ill thought out that following the defeat of Tom Morrissey at the General Election it will be buried.

As for Andrews Selection it certainly does make life difficult for DSE but it sure as hell will motivate me to work even harder to ensure that FF do not get a seat in this Constituency

Minister3

My reply is simple :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
1st count
Andrews 26 :D
O Callaghan 22 :D
Keegan 20 : :mrgreen:
White 19 :roll:
White transferred 5 each to Andrews and Keegan and 9 to O Callaghan .Keegan went out then and transferred 20 to Andrews and 5 to OCallaghan.It ended 51 Andrews 31 O Callaghan.
White did the damage to O Callaghan what was interesting was that when the papers were being checked that the bulk of O Callaghans 2's were going White. :roll:
On Count 3 Andrews had a 21 vote lead over O Callaghan.even if Keegan had polled ahead of O Callaghan by one or 2 he'd still have been beaten by him -Whites transfers
Adios p.ie apologies to dave we're not going to annoy you any more.
Andrews /O Callaghan it will be.

hiker

cllr said:
Jim84 There were three reasons why i did not attend the PD Meeting last night:

1) I was minding my own children,
2) I was doing a Radion Interview ( by phone ) on 98FM
and 3) The Plan re the Port is so ill thought out that following the defeat of Tom Morrissey at the General Election it will be buried.
The good burghers of Dublin North will be thrilled that you have decided, in your infinate wisdom, to save them from having to make that decision. :roll: :lol:

BarryW

A strange decision.... Andrews' big margin of victory must also be a surprise.

O' Callaghan should be added now - Keegan can probably kiss it goodbye at this stage.

This is NOT the strongest ticket FF could put out, and they will be in grave danger of losing the seat (presuming that Eoin Ryan is out of the way for good)

Both Andrews and Callaghan are proven electoral losers. Up against wily campaigners and proven votegetters like Creighton, Gormely McDowell and the Quinns - how in God's name can FF HQ expect them to survive?

(Oh and by the way, commiserations to everyone's favourite Senator, Columbia Three-hugger and Gerry Adams' best pal - Mary White)

Dee Four

cllr said:
3) The Plan re the Port is so ill thought out that following the defeat of Tom Morrissey at the General Election it will be buried.
Care to tell us why? Dublin Port cannot go on as it is. Do you wish to put forward an alternative?

I was at the meeting. A number of local concerns were raised but the people seemed largely in support of moving Dublin Port to Bremore. It was the same stuff as every local politician hears; the incinerator, the treatment place, those bloody geese...

It was great to see McD slap down my local Green rep. He was nice to Humphreys, though mainly because he stood up to say what a great job we were doing.

BarryW

Dee Four said:
Care to tell us why? Dublin Port cannot go on as it is. Do you wish to put forward an alternative?
Here's one reason: It makes the Port Tunnel - one of the largest infrastructural projects in Dublin's history - COMPLETELY USELESS.

Cullen and Callely haven't even opent the blasted thing to traffic, and already the PDs want to close it down :roll:

Dee Four

Ah yes, I meant to get back to you on that.

The Port Tunnel will not be made useless. It just won't be taking much trucks. The people who will be living and working in the area will need to get around, y'know. It seems to me to be an essential part of the overall master plan.

What will be needed is an orbital route starting at Bremore that will keep the trucks out of Dublin city altogether. Except for the ones that need to come into Dublin to do business, of course.

The current situation is unacceptable. The Port needs to be moved. I'm not prepared to restict our imports and exports just so we can fill a tunnel full of trucks.

By the way, The Village magazine supports this proposal. The only ones who don't are IBEC. Now there's one for the books.

cllr

Couple of points DeeFour:

The case to develop a substantial new Port should have and could have been made prior to the development of the Port Tunnel. In my view there is a need to reduce the impact of heavy Port activity in the area and a comprehensive audit of the land use in the area.

A "Picture Bite" as someone described the PD Policy is nosubstitute for a comprehensive plan.

Secondly given the attempted watering down of the Planning laws during the PD's participation in Government I would be extremely worried at the implication of their involvement in the redevelopment of the overall area. The methods operated by the DDDA through its Masterplan has shown the way forward.

There is a case for a second Port at Brenmore - not as an alternative Port but a supplementary one.

As Cathaoirleach of the Dublin Regional Authority I have just established a Dublin Bay Forum and I hope that the PD's will input to this and that responsible Government action might arise from this.

As for my comment re Senator Morrissey above I have not seen one disinterested single prediction that he will win a seat in Dublin North.

Perhaps the new PD's interest in the Port has more to do with FF winning the battle on the Incinerator leaving egg on Michael Mc Dowells face and Tom Morrissey needing to do something for Dublin North - seems a fair assumption to me!

Smashey

Website
www.freewebs.com
Prediction -

1. McDowell
2. Quinn
3. Creighton
4. Gormley

Han't chnaged seriously the dogs in the street could've told you it'd be Andrews/O'Callaghan for the last few months!

cllr

Smashey said:
Prediction -

1. McDowell
2. Quinn
3. Creighton
4. Gormley

Han't chnaged seriously the dogs in the street could've told you it'd be Andrews/O'Callaghan for the last few months!
I agree

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies