Dublin to Derry Bus Route Ends Today

fergal1790

The last time I got the bus to town it was cancelled due to technical problems in the depot. The bilingual board that indicates what time the bus will arrive was going mad flashing Ann/ Due alternately. I disagreed with the Bus Átha Cliath use of language here it should be le teacht rather than ann imv. Anyhow the bus was an hour late and there was sloppy usage of the native tongue, I suspect that was all SF's fault.
Nevermind the Gaelgoir, or the bus being slightly short of on time, Was the bus flying the correct FLEG?!?

T

Toowoomba

Gerry Adams‏Verified account @GerryAdamsSF 7m7 minutes ago

Just arrived in Crossgar S Down. Rain ☔ is heavy. Can't dampen enthusiasm of Chris Hazzard & team. 'Don't mind the rain Vote Sinn Féin'

Looks like Jarry is too busy for this issue of national importance.

Put Hazzard in to keep Hazard out, Vótáil PSF. :D

Fullforward

Didn't read much of the hysterical OP but can someone please tell me if there is any...ANY way we could blame this on the dirty Shinners? Please make it happen!

Surprised that the OP didn't say it was the dirty Shinners way of stopping the so-called Dissidents getting their weapons into Derry. petunia

Cruimh

The last time I got the bus to town it was cancelled due to technical problems in the depot. The bilingual board that indicates what time the bus will arrive was going mad flashing Ann/ Due alternately. I disagreed with the Bus Átha Cliath use of language here it should be le teacht rather than ann imv. Anyhow the bus was an hour late and there was sloppy usage of the native tongue, I suspect that was all SF's fault.
Sloppy use of the native tongue? If you had been a true Irishman you would have burned the place to the ground.
You have shown yourself to be a West-Brit Libtard.

At least Musso had the fecking buses running on time....

fergal1790

Didn't read much of the hysterical OP but can someone please tell me if there is any...ANY way we could blame this on the dirty Shinners? Please make it happen!

Surprised that the OP didn't say it was the dirty Shinners way of stopping the so-called Dissidents getting their weapons into Derry. petunia
Didn't Thatcher force OUniforms onto the republican bus drivers? wasn't it that which caused the dirty bus protests?

Fullforward

Why not run the western rail corridor up from Galway/Athenry all the way to London and derry?

There is also the cheaper(for the nation) option of taking the bus to Letterkenny and then getting on the 64 or 480 to London and derry.
Going out on a limb here and guessing that transport planning is not your gig?

fergal1790

Will the Goldline Express services X3 and X4 be allowed to use the facilities of Busáras now considering there are no BE services to Londonderry?

Socratus O' Pericles

Will the Goldline Express services X3 and X4 be allowed to use the facilities of Busáras now considering there are no BE services to Londonderry?

Are they the much vaunted " private operator "?

Is this Nordies getting a glimpse of what life is going to be like under Fine Gael? Private contractors using public routes and making them " economical". petunia

I blame Sinn Féin.

Fullforward

Will the Goldline Express services X3 and X4 be allowed to use the facilities of Busáras now considering there are no BE services to London and derry?
Check their website.

hollandia

The point is that after 20 years these tossers can't defend a bus route never mind the economic and constitutional interests of the nation. 30 years of war followed by 20 years of - what exactly? Are we supposed to have forgotten that we were to believe we were going forward not back?

Now that 20 years has passed - the time it took South Korea to get over halfway from a backwater to a global engineering giant - we are to accept it seems that business as usual has resumed in Ireland - apathy, underdevelopment, missed opportunities, a decade and then another decade and then another decade of nothing much happening or advancing. All this now overseen by yet another bunch of defeated 'hey we were victorious' cowed Irish political leaders and parties. Same old sh1t. Can't even defend or even improve a transport route which, if properly implemented for that city, could have a huge difference economically and socially for the place.

Nope, just an announcement, nothing much to hear from the politicos, a plamas 'trip down memory lane' flanneling piece of sh1te from the IT to avoid asking any hard questions. Really an appalling political class on this island. All round.
The minister for Transport, Shane Ross, can't defend the bus route. And he's the one with actual power. This is the outworkings of the recent industrial dispute in BÉ, nothing to do with politics or politicians. And in fact you contradict yourself, by saying that the nordies (where SF have been in gvt for much of the last 20 yrs) are maintaining the route. You need to start upping your dosage immediately.

hollandia

A safe bet. They were also responsible for Laudabiliter and the Plantations.
Shhhh, or difficult questions will be asked about what Adam's grandfather did to the titanic's rivet.

hollandia

Ann is correct in Ulster Irish.

hollandia

You think that after 30 years of war and 20 years of much heralded 'change' and an historic treaty between Ireland and Britain that - not even being able to keep a bus route to the 2nd city is acceptable? This is actually a shocking decision by the southern government and entirely in line with the Shinner complete ineffectiveness over the last 20 years. They have nothing to offer, no ambition, no economic challenge or drive, nothing really. Just want to be with the others, the political thieves who have destroyed the potential of this country.
Sweet jaysis. This is taking shinnerphobia to a whole new level... just when you thought there were no new levels...

hollandia

It's hard to burn a bustop in Dublin to the ground.
Yep. They've learned form experience. They're using the new indestructo-stop 3000 model. Another example of SF's malign influence, that a man can't burn down a bus stop in his own town, these days. Thank you "Brussels".

Last edited:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies