• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Duck Tweets and Abortion Leave SF United Ireland Dream in the Pink Clink

GDPR

Now that we have had a little time to chew over the catastrophic assembly election results in the six counties, which saw the Nationalist vote collapse to 1922 levels, I think its time to seriously inquire into the root causes of this fantastic failure. It's obvious that Sinn Féin vaunted "strategy" is now in tatters, and those who bought into the GFA have realised that they were sold a pup. There have been no winners here but those who wish to see the partitionist status quo in Ireland maintained. All those tens of thousands of hours SF activists have spent knocking on doors have all added up to a big nothing. Fianna Fáil's recovery in the south has closed the door to major SF breakthrough. Of course, SF isn't going away. But, the best they can ever hope for is being accepted as a house trained junior partner in any future FF régime, just as they act as a house trained junior partner to the DUP in Stormont.

According to this graph, Gerry's "strategy" has managed to turn half of SF voters into Unionists:

Constitutional uncoupling, or the decline in support for Nationalist parties amongst the Catholic community of Northern Ireland | Slugger O'Toole

So, how could such a disaster have taken place? Well, I think the case of the Ashers in informative. The Ashers run a small family bakery and don't have the support of any of the six counties major power blocks. They have stayed away from the OO and other Unionist blocks. That made them a perfect target for a sting that even the NI Attorney General has since testified in court was legally wrong. Well, most northern Catholics support the position of the Ashers, and support the right of workers not to be forced to do work that is against their religious principles. However, Martin McGuinness went out of his way to welcome the persecution of this religious family. Many Catholics will not support a party that gleefully celebrates religious persecution.

Then, SF refused to allow its members a free vote on abortion in Stormont. They all had to vote FOR abortion. Despite the fact that the vast majority of northern Catholics regard abortion as an abomination. It was left to the Unionists to express the views of the vast majority of Catholics on this issue.

Next is SF's fanatical support of the homosexual agenda. Most Catholics have a tolerant view of homosexuality, as long as its kept discrete and out of view of their children. However, SF is determined to shove the homosexual agenda in their faces and force it on their children in the schools. The vast majority of Catholics utterly reject this.

Then there is mass immigration. Every poll taken in recent times shows that the vast majority of Irish people, Catholic and Protestant, are against mass immigration. An Irish Times poll showed that 75% of SF supporters in the south reject taking in more refugees. The highest number of any party. And yet, the party elite is determined to effectively call 75% of its own supporters racists and reactionaries. This seems like a will to commit political suicide.

And, finally, there is the increasingly demented behaviour of Gerry Adams, epitomized by the developing insanity of his tweets, which range from ducks to goats to the "N" word. Gerry then has to defend his tweets by claiming he is not a white man, but really black.

At a time when Ireland desperately needs inspired leadership, Gerry & Co. give us nothing but Liberal dross. I'm afraid they have been supping to long at 500 dollar a plate dinners, and have lost touch will all reality. In effect, they have condemned themselves and the dream of a United Ireland to the Pink Clink.

Catalpast

Now that we have had a little time to chew over the catastrophic assembly election results in the six counties, which saw the Nationalist vote collapse to 1922 levels, I think its time to seriously inquire into the root causes of this fantastic failure. It's obvious that Sinn Féin vaunted "strategy" is now in tatters, and those who bought into the GFA have realised that they were sold a pup. There have been no winners here but those who wish to see the partitionist status quo in Ireland maintained. All those tens of thousands of hours SF activists have spent knocking on doors have all added up to a big nothing. Fianna Fáil's recovery in the south has closed the door to major SF breakthrough. Of course, SF isn't going away. But, the best they can ever hope for is being accepted as a house trained junior partner in any future FF régime, just as they act as a house trained junior partner to the DUP in Stormont.

According to this graph, Gerry's "strategy" has managed to turn half of SF voters into Unionists:

Constitutional uncoupling, or the decline in support for Nationalist parties amongst the Catholic community of Northern Ireland | Slugger O'Toole

So, how could such a disaster have taken place? Well, I think the case of the Ashers in informative. The Ashers run a small family bakery and don't have the support of any of the six counties major power blocks. They have stayed away from the OO and other Unionist blocks. That made them a perfect target for a sting that even the NI Attorney General has since testified in court was legally wrong. Well, most northern Catholics support the position of the Ashers, and support the right of workers not to be forced to do work that is against their religious principles. However, Martin McGuinness went out of his way to welcome the persecution of this religious family. Many Catholics will not support a party that gleefully celebrates religious persecution.

Then, SF refused to allow its members a free vote on abortion in Stormont. They all had to vote FOR abortion. Despite the fact that the vast majority of northern Catholics regard abortion as an abomination. It was left to the Unionists to express the views of the vast majority of Catholics on this issue.

Next is SF's fanatical support of the homosexual agenda. Most Catholics have a tolerant view of homosexuality, as long as its kept discrete and out of view of their children. However, SF is determined to shove the homosexual agenda in their faces and force it on their children in the schools. The vast majority of Catholics utterly reject this.

Then there is mass immigration. Every poll taken in recent times shows that the vast majority of Irish people, Catholic and Protestant, are against mass immigration. An Irish Times poll showed that 75% of SF supporters in the south reject taking in more refugees. The highest number of any party. And yet, the party elite is determined to effectively call 75% of its own supporters racists and reactionaries. This seems like a will to commit political suicide.

And, finally, there is the increasingly demented behaviour of Gerry Adams, epitomized by the developing insanity of his tweets, which range from ducks to goats to the "N" word. Gerry then has to defend his tweets by claiming he is not a white man, but really black.

At a time when Ireland desperately needs inspired leadership, Gerry & Co. give us nothing but Liberal dross. I'm afraid they have been supping to long at 500 dollar a plate dinners, and have lost touch will all reality. In effect, they have condemned themselves and the dream of a United Ireland to the Pink Clink.

A sad pair of Tits there....

Henry94.

The new SF TD for Cork South Central was tweeting yesterday against Cork hurling fans bring the Confederate flag to the match on Sunday. Already a prim politically correct bore obviously. SF are going the way of the Labour party. They will exploit working class areas for votes but their concerns are actually those of the liberal middle class. I

In power they would be just like Labour, nothing to offer workers but pushing all other forms of pseudo-equality. I have voted Sinn Fein for years with diminishing enthusiasm but the OP is absolutely right.

GDPR

The new SF TD for Cork South Central was tweeting yesterday against Cork hurling fans bring the Confederate flag to the match on Sunday. Already a prim politically correct bore obviously. SF are going the way of the Labour party. They will exploit working class areas for votes but their concerns are actually those of the liberal middle class. I

In power they would be just like Labour, nothing to offer workers but pushing all other forms of pseudo-equality. I have voted Sinn Fein for years with diminishing enthusiasm but the OP is absolutely right.
We only have to look at SF's record in Stormont to see how quickly they betray the working class.

InsideImDancing

Is that graph 2 years out of date?

Do polls see the long term numbers in favour of unity at 40%? Including plus 10% of Protestants in two different (recent) polls?

petaljam

A lot of people down south are clearly terrified of Sinn Fein getting anywhere the trough. Makes me feel it might be a very good thing they did. And I don't think I've ever voted for them in my life in the north. But I definitely would if I were a southern voter.

Seanie Lemass

Did he also tell them not to bring Chinese flags? Or is that okay?

GDPR

A lot of people down south are clearly terrified of Sinn Fein getting anywhere the trough. Makes me feel it might be a very good thing they did. And I don't think I've ever voted for them in my life in the north. But I definitely would if I were a southern voter.

What good do you think they would do for southern voters?

InsideImDancing

Everyone in the north knows that a UI is not feasible at this time, but the long term number is constantly around 40% for unity. And for good reason, the place is in dire need of it. It really is. And this 40% knows it right.

As for the Nationalist vote, every fek'r who isn't lying knows it's down to people breaking away to smaller groups and the SDLP being just horrible. And SF needs to up its game too, but it's otherwise engaged in the rest of the country and they know right that the best place for the north is in total silence.

Last edited:

GDPR

Is that graph 2 years out of date?

Do polls see the long term numbers in favour of unity at 40%? Including plus 10% of Protestants in two different (recent) polls?
Unmistakeably one of the main stories of the 2016 Assembly election has been the sharp drop in the share of the vote of Sinn Féin and the SDLP, which has fallen 3.6% since the 2015 General Election and 5.6% from the 41.2% combined share that they polled at the previous Assembly election in 2011.

GDPR

Everyone in the north knows that a UI is not feasible at this time, but the long term number is constantly around 40% for unity. And for good reason, the place is in dire need of it. It really is. And this 40% knows it right.

As for the Nationalist vote, every fek'r who isn't lying knows it's down to people breaking away to smaller groups and the SDLP being just horrible. And SF needs to up its game too, but it's otherwise engaged in the rest of the country and they know right that best place for the north is in total silence.
But SF is not in total silence in the north. It is going against the wishes of its own voters to support abortion and religious persecution.

InsideImDancing

A lot of truth in this from you as usual Henry. SF need to get their fk'n act together badly. I didn't vote for them this year, I abstained because they aren't delivering enough. And if they think losing voters like you and I is the way to go then they're in big big trouble.

InsideImDancing

But SF is not in total silence in the north. It is going against the wishes of its own voters to support abortion and religious persecution.
Hardly anyone gives a fk about that. Whether you like it or not buddy. It's fast becoming the distant past.

You really think God's gonna mention this to you when you get to the Pearly gates? Fek sakes give him some credit.

Seanie Lemass

Much of the decline in SF/SDLP vote is just apathy. Nationalists no longer feel energised to vote. It would be interesting to see an election in which there were candidates to the left, or more republican without being pro armed struggle, of SF candidates in rural constituencies.

SF are in "Emperors New Clothes" territory if they are nor careful. Running the six counties for the Tories is poor substitute for "United Ireland by 2000, 2004, 2006, 2016...."

GDPR

Hardly anyone gives a fk about that. Whether you like it or not buddy. It's fast becoming the distant past.

You really think God's gonna mention this to you when you get to the Pearly gates? Fek sakes give him some credit.
You are totally wrong there. Northern Catholics are very much against abortion.

freewillie

Well he is just supporting those poor folk in the Ballymurphy plantation. Cork supporters have been anything with thecolour red to matches for years. This ************************e might go downin Ballymurphy but hes not fooling anyone in Ballyphehane

InsideImDancing

Unmistakeably one of the main stories of the 2016 Assembly election has been the sharp drop in the share of the vote of Sinn Féin and the SDLP, which has fallen 3.6% since the 2015 General Election and 5.6% from the 41.2% combined share that they polled at the previous Assembly election in 2011.

Apathy.

The north is in total silence.

That vote hasn't gone near Unionism who got a fleg-bounce, in fact its gone to the likes of PBP.

That link is an absolute joke. Happy to explain why, in fact I have above.

The game has changed TG, it's not about the win anymore, it's about ending division and delivering actual unity, and that won't be pretty for hardliners, but on current trends it is coming.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies