DUP figures briefed senior loyalists that a deal on the Irish language had been reached (Irish news)

McSlaggart

DUP figures briefed senior loyalists that a deal on the Irish language had been reached (Irish news)

Their is numerious sources to support the fact that the DUP had agreed a deal 1. Now we have the leader of the DUP saying "Arguing over the scraps of negotiations ignores the serious issues that need addressed. 2"

Do people think the motto "I Didn't Do It! Nobody saw me do it. " could be used for the good people of Northern Ireland?

The Eamonn Mallie website reported on Tuesday that it has obtained a copy of what it described as a “draft agreement text” between the parties.

A number of sources have stated that the parties had agreed a compromise on the key issue of language which would have seen three acts – an Irish Language Act, an Ulster-Scots Act and a Respecting Language and Diversity Act – being introduced in a restored Assembly."

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/leaked-papers-show-draft-agreement-between-dup-and-sf-1.3399566

"Arguing over the scraps of negotiations ignores the serious issues that need addressed."

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/claim-nigel-dodds-in-room-when-final-talks-papers-passed-utter-lie-says-arlene-foster-36675576.html

PS:

DUP briefed senior loyalists on Irish language deal before collapse of talks

Irish news

death or glory

Their is numerious sources to support the fact that the DUP had agreed a deal 1. Now we have the leader of the DUP saying "Arguing over the scraps of negotiations ignores the serious issues that need addressed. 2"

Do people think the motto "I Didn't Do It! Nobody saw me do it. " could be used for the good people of Northern Ireland?

The Eamonn Mallie website reported on Tuesday that it has obtained a copy of what it described as a “draft agreement text” between the parties.

A number of sources have stated that the parties had agreed a compromise on the key issue of language which would have seen three acts – an Irish Language Act, an Ulster-Scots Act and a Respecting Language and Diversity Act – being introduced in a restored Assembly."

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/leaked-papers-show-draft-agreement-between-dup-and-sf-1.3399566

"Arguing over the scraps of negotiations ignores the serious issues that need addressed."

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/claim-nigel-dodds-in-room-when-final-talks-papers-passed-utter-lie-says-arlene-foster-36675576.html
I do hope they don't ZOO this OP as well, saying the last one failed so miserably.

McSlaggart

I do hope they don't ZOO this OP as well, saying the last one failed so miserably.
"The glory which is built upon a lie soon becomes a most unpleasant incumbrance. ."

Mark Twain

The DUP are losing all credibility that "northern Ireland" is a place worth putting in the effort to make work.

vivabrigada

It wasn't me, again.

"William Crawley
@williamcrawley
Press comment in Brussels today from @DUPleader on claim that senior Loyalists were briefed that a deal on the Irish Language Act was reached: “I’m not saying it didn’t take place; I’m saying they didn’t do it on my behalf or on behalf of the DUP.”

It's hard to get the staff these days......

Mickeymac

It wasn't me, again.

"William Crawley
@williamcrawley
Press comment in Brussels today from @DUPleader on claim that senior Loyalists were briefed that a deal on the Irish Language Act was reached: “I’m not saying it didn’t take place; I’m saying they didn’t do it on my behalf or on behalf of the DUP.”

It's hard to get the staff these days......

Laughing as I type this:lol:, just heard the TB audio of today where an ex Chairman of the "moderate" UUP claimed it was all the fault of SF, priceless stuff and well worth a listen.:lol:

Priceless:D

eoghanacht

Are they not "community representatives" now ;)

comet

If this is true, ( and unfortunately I don't doubt it ) how can anyone go into negotiations with the DUP ever again?

How many other Unionist organizations were briefed?

Were they in the loop from the beginning?

Mickeymac

If this is true, ( and unfortunately I don't doubt it ) how can anyone go into negotiations with the DUP ever again?

How many other Unionist organizations were briefed?

Were they in the loop from the beginning?

Been my thoughts for quite considerable time sir, convinced now though, any further communications with that lying lot will prove costly for Nationalists and a possible return to voter apathy at a time the objective is 50% plus one and quite easily achievable given the Brexit fiasco and it's possible ill side effects on the voters.

death or glory

Arnie with UDA commander Dee Stitt. She never met him!
And here's one Arlene with IRA commander the late Martin McGuinness

And she had the audacity to go into government with a leader of a terrorist group that blew up her school bus.

vivabrigada

And here's one Arlene with IRA commander the late Martin McGuinness

Lol, straight in with "WaddaboutdaRa"!
The UDA and UVF are still active to this day!
Poor show, yer losing it.

death or glory

Lol, straight in with "WaddaboutdaRa"!
The UDA and UVF are still active to this day!
Poor show, yer losing it.
You never did tell me which terrorist group inextricably linked to SF brutally murdered Kevin McGuigan.
And the DUP never collapsed Stormont when SF/IRA murdered an innocent citizen, now how do you explain that.

vinoboy

If "senior loyalists" were briefed -is that not giving leadership and keeping people who have influence at street level in the picture ?
Loyalist pm's have not used violence for a long time against CNR population in any systematic way and there are no signs of that happening .
Only people talking about violence are certain CNR politicians if there is a "hard border" - hopefully SF are talking to those factions (or their own supporters) and telling them to keep things peaceful.

McSlaggart

If "senior loyalists" were briefed -is that not giving leadership and keeping people who have influence at street level in the picture ?
Loyalist pm's have not used violence for a long time against CNR population in any systematic way and there are no signs of that happening .
Only people talking about violence are certain CNR politicians if there is a "hard border" - hopefully SF are talking to those factions (or their own supporters) and telling them to keep things peaceful.
Did you not see the terrorists attacking the police at the twaddel protests?

vinoboy

Did you not see the terrorists attacking the police at the twaddel protests?
Wise up - a street riot is not a systematic campaign which involves burning hotel diners ,kidnapping and executing "collaborators",and shooting ordinary civilians.

McSlaggart

Wise up - a street riot is not a systematic campaign

It was systematic to the extent the PSNI had to call in police from the rest of the UK and they equally was attacked by orange men and loyalists

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies