DUP man calls disasters punishment

ireland2004

Relief workers and gay-rights activists outraged at councillor’s claim that Asia bore brunt of tsunami because it is ‘not a Christian continent’ and Hurricane Katrina was sent to stop gay pride festival DUP councillor says Asia bore the brunt of last year’s tsunami because it is ‘not a Christian continent’ and Hurricane Katrina hit Florida so God could stop a gay pride festival taking place in the state

Daily Ireland

Gladstone

Ireland 2004, listenting to tripe like that, do you STILL want a UI, imagine someone like that in the cabinet it'd by like Pat Robertson!

ireland2004

Gladstone said:
Ireland 2004, listenting to tripe like that, do you STILL want a UI, imagine someone like that in the cabinet it'd by like Pat Robertson!
No...I'd prefer to live in Tyrone under a Six County Govt with even more eejits like him :|

Bogwarrior

How does he explain God punishing law abiding, Christian heterosexuals, by forcing them to live in a shithole like Ballymena?

Gladstone

ha ha.

Ironically for you it would dilute his influence but for me it would allow these ideas where they didn't exist before.

ireland2004

Bogwarrior said:
How does he explain God punishing law abiding, Christian heterosexuals, by forcing them to live in a shithole like Ballymena?
That's true. Ballymena is so much of a shithole I'm suprised it isn't in Derry :lol:

ireland2004

Gladstone said:
Ironically for you it would dilute his influence but for me it would allow these ideas where they didn't exist before.
And Gladstone wouldn't even do it to take the burden off his fellow Irishman :(

Gladstone

Oh I'd be happy to let him in if he was powerless to put his christian fundamentalism into practice, maybe a new constitiution with a provision preventing govenment interference in private lives.

He's free to rant, I just dread to think what HE'D DO if he had any power.

EastGalway

He's clearly not the full shilling.

He once claimed that "History proves that Dr Paisley has had the support for a long time of both sections of the community."

true04

EastGalway said:
He's clearly not the full shilling.

He once claimed that "History proves that Dr Paisley has had the support for a long time of both sections of the community."
There is an element of truth in that. I know some Roman Catholics in N. Ireland who support him. He looks after his constituents and at least when he was younger than he is now was usually a very friendly and affable man unless provoked. Look at the election results for Rathlin island - in times gone by it proves a lot of the Catholics there voted for him.

Do not forget something like 20% of R. Catholics in N. Ireland still want to remain part of the UK.

CJH

There is an element of truth in that. I know some Roman Catholics in N. Ireland who support him. He looks after his constituents and at least when he was younger than he is now was usually a very friendly and affable man unless provoked. Look at the election results for Rathlin island - in times gone by it proves a lot of the Catholics there voted for him.
So the Pope is a bigot, but Paisley is a decent man? :roll:

BTW, I don't believe you know a single 'Roman Catholic' who ever voted for him.

ireland2004

CJH said:
So the Pope is a bigot, but Paisley is a decent man? :roll:

BTW, I don't believe you know a single 'Roman Catholic' who ever voted for him.
:roll:

You clearly don't realise True04 has made hundreds, IF NOT THOUSANDS of trips across the border and has many good friends in both communities. Of course he knows Roman Catholics who support big paisers

Here is True on one of his many trips north;

oreiley1

lunatics

To think that Bertie Ahern is urging such lunatics to be in government in the north. Anyone sane in the north flee.

oreiley1

Maurice Mills

It is a sad day when serious sites like this give his nonsense coverage.As for the votes from Rathlin Island no one could ever tell what way the people voted as they were tied in with the wider N.Antrim constituency.

The DUP need to get real if they want to be in government. Such stupid illiterate statements only make them a laughing stock.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies