• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

DUP members against Brexit

AhNowStop

So there are some members of the DUP with moments of clarity & pragmatism after all .. who'd a thunk it :unsure:

DUP member says Sammy Wilson should not be allowed to dictate party's Brexit stance

Former Chairperson of the South Belfast DUP David Cather said that Mr Wilson's hard line on Brexit risked steering the party towards a no-deal situation.
DUP member says Sammy Wilson should not be allowed to dictate partys Brexit stance - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

Feck that, poor David might have to leave his boiler back :speechless:

Mickeymac

So there are some members of the DUP with moments of clarity & pragmatism after all .. who'd a thunk it :unsure:

DUP member says Sammy Wilson should not be allowed to dictate party's Brexit stance

Former Chairperson of the South Belfast DUP David Cather said that Mr Wilson's hard line on Brexit risked steering the party towards a no-deal situation.
DUP member says Sammy Wilson should not be allowed to dictate partys Brexit stance - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

Feck that, poor David might have to leave his boiler back :speechless:

No doubt some do-gooders will nominate him for some type of peace award.:D

I often mentioned on here how important it was for people to recognise pro peace folk and to pour scorn on those who oppose it, much better than the old labels of the past that the media put on the residents of the sic counties.

AhNowStop

No doubt some do-gooders will nominate him for some type of peace award.:D

I often mentioned on here how important it was for people to recognise pro peace folk and to pour scorn on those who oppose it, much better than the old labels of the past that the media put on the residents of the sic counties.
He'll be up for the BigFeckinLundy award presented by Snarlene himself :o_O:

Mickeymac

He'll be up for the BigFeckinLundy award presented by Snarlene himself :o_O:

Maybe he was guided by the fact Mrs Dobbs sits in a place which her party abhors and his past leader used it as a vehicle to attack the Holy Father and the Catholic Church...………

The hypocrisy of these cavedwellers is astounding to say the least sir.

AhNowStop

Maybe he was guided by the fact Mrs Dobbs sits in a place which her party abhors and his past leader used it as a vehicle to attack the Holy Father and the Catholic Church...………

The hypocrisy of these cavedwellers is astounding to say the least sir.

Crackpots is too good a word for them....

Mickeymac

Crackpots is too good a word for them....

Like myself, you had them right from get set go...…..hard border, wall, army, checkpoints, no deal, no GFA, no border poll and everything else that would break the peace accord, brits must share the blame for any breakdown.

belfast1981

Sammy Wilson should not be allowed to dictate policy on an Ice cream truck, let alone a major political event that could drastically alter the UK and Ireland.

belfast1981

Oh damn it, you've put me in the mood for a chippy now. I can't be bothered cooking.

Sammy Wilson will make me fat!

Mickeymac

I never thought I’d be speaking up for Sammy Wilson, but you can’t really blame him for that Bel.:laugh:

In actual fact, you can blame him, politicians like sh1thead Sammy can depress good and decent folk, experts everywhere claim depression can cause serious addictions, particularly over consumption of unhealthy food.

neiphin

jmcc

Is that your much-loved "core" ? :roflmao:
No. That's the number of TDs (6 of the 7 are millionaires) that Labour currently has in the Dail. Labour is on 2% core according to the last opinion poll.

mr_anderson

I can't help but think this is going to end very, very badly for the DUP.
Were they not able to block it, May's initial idea to have the border in the Irish sea would have passed and a deal struck with the EU.
Instead, it's entirely the DUP's 'input' that's creating a no-deal Brexit.

Once again, Unionists are trying so hard to stay part of the UK, that they end up alienating themselves from the mainlanders.

It would probably have been more strategic for them to stay out of power and claim there was nothing they could do when the border was struck along the Irish sea.

Northern Ireland has really been one clustefúck after another for the beleaguered British taxpayer.
And now even the non-taxpayers are going to pay the price for the 'privilege' of owning a piece of land they don't want.

jmcc

Once again, Unionists are trying so hard to stay part of the UK, that they end up alienating themselves from the mainlanders.
But it is not their mainland. They are viewed as Irish not British in the UK.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies