• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

DUP 'outraged' over use of relief helicoptors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommythesash

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=irish helicoptor used in relief effort in northern ireland&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CDwQFjAB&url=http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/headlines/irish-army-helicopters-join-weather-relief-effort-1-4947544&ei=DJZhUaHkIZDE4AONiIGYDA&usg=AFQjCNHiUv3Jg06LdfFMTbVa6_3qez0_ww&bvm=bv.44770516,d.dmg

Trevor Clarke of the DUP labeled this humanitarian relief effort as 'playing politics'. The fact that that thousands of stranded animals would have died of starvation had the Irish Army Air Corps helicoptors not been sent north is irrelevant to Trevor. In a futile attempt at damage control he later sniffed that he didn't care if it was the French air corps, he's still 'outraged'.

Just Jack

He's in the DUP, ergo he's a bigot.

No surprise.

Tommythesash

Trevor Clarke of the DUP said he did not care if it was the Irish Air Corps or the French Air Corps, but he believed politics was being played with the matter.

His party colleague, Paul Frew, who chairs the committee, asked the senior government officials who were briefing the committee, whether the minister had requested help from the Territorial Army (TA).

Truly unbelievable stuff. I wonder how the pro unionist farmers in Antrim and Down feel about the use of Irish Army Air Corps coming to the rescue of their starving livestock.

Tir Eoghain

Trevor Clarke of the DUP labeled this humanitarian relief effort as 'playing politics'. The fact that that thousands of stranded animals would have died of starvation had the Irish Army Air Corps helicoptors not been sent north is irrelevant to Trevor. In a futile attempt at damage control he later sniffed that he didn't care if it was the French air corps, he's still 'outraged'.
I would think his problem is Tommy that the Irish Army had our National flag painted on the tails of the helicoptors or at least they did used to have.

No complaints from Trevor when his beloved british murder squads crossed the border to plant bombs in Dublin or Monaghan.

He doesn't give a fuk about farmers livestock or livelihood or well being.

A cheap shot by the bigot.

Tommythesash

Clarke's real issue here is that the request for Dublin assistance came from Sinn Fein Agricultural Minister Michelle O'Neill.

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
I would think his problem is Tommy that the Irish Army had our National flag painted on the tails of the helicoptors or at least they did used to have.

No complaints from Trevor when his beloved british murder squads crossed the border to plant bombs in Dublin or Monaghan.

He doesn't give a fuk about farmers livestock or livelihood or well being.

A cheap shot by the bigot.
And no complaints when the Irish govt spent money on roads north of the border and when they came down cap in hand to politiely ask if beef from the wee statelet could be labeled Irish beef during the foot and mouth crisis.

DT123

Surely this was done and dusted a week or so ago?

Zoo.

IrishWelshCelt

I wonder does the same DUP man object to Free State firebrigades helping to save lives during the Blitz in Belfast?

belfast1981

In times like the last month, politics should be thrown out the window when it comes to relief aid. Be it RAF, Irish Air Corps... US Air-force etc. Whoever is getting the aid I am sure was grateful no matter who it was helped them.

If more animals died, it would have impacted greatly on the economy and the farming community.

belfast1981

Truly unbelievable stuff. I wonder how the pro unionist farmers in Antrim and Down feel about the use of Irish Army Air Corps coming to the rescue of their starving livestock.
I know a few who received help. It mattered not who was giving the aid, they were grateful for it. I don't even see why Unionists would care it was the Irish Air Corps.

Ren84

I believe EU law obliges member states to help out other neighbouring states in the event of a natural disaster, therefore the Irish Aer Corps were mandated to undertake the rescue mission into NI, something perhaps the DUP should make themselves aware off.

Tommythesash

I know a few who received help. It mattered not who was giving the aid, they were grateful for it. I don't even see why Unionists would care it was the Irish Air Corps.
The British did assist in the relief effort. The RAF sent helicoptors too but it transpired that the British were charging a fee for this while the Irish were not.

Status
Not open for further replies.