• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

DUP support Coleraine loyalists parading past murder victim Kevin McDaids home.

st333ve

DUP councillor Sandy Gilkinson shrugged off the attacks which killed one man, left another man fighting for his life and injured some women at the scene.
The attacks came after a local loyalist mob armed with bottles bats and even hammers went on the rampage attacking random people.
The attacks happened after Rangers won a football league in Scotland.

In response to residents and nationalist politicians asking for a sectarian parade to be cancelled which is due to pass the spot in 2 days
DUP councillor Sandy Gilkinson stated..

"Sadly while things this happen and while i condemn the death, life still has to go on"

DUP councillor Gregory Campbell also stated that the loyalists should march past the spot but stated that they should give 1 minutes silence.

This was tried before in Portadown, but after the silence the band burst into loud intimidating drum bashes and supporters broke into sectarian chants.
It's even a possibility that some of the loyalists involved in the attack could be band members or supporters.

The parade is expected to attract thousands of loyalists who will march past Killowen street which is metres from where Mr.McDaid was murdered.

Earler a young witness told that a girl had shouted at the mob to leave another victim alone as they attempted to beat him to death.
She said 'He's only an auld man leave him alone!" but one of his attackers responded with " But he's still a taig"
The man is now critically ill in hospital.

The men claimed to be from the UDA.

A Police spokesman told he BBC they have no reasons to suspect the UDA was involved and chief inspector Frankie Taylor said that Tri-colours in the area could be linked to the mans death.
The PSNI are under investigation after witnesses said they watched and done nothing.

SDLP MLA John Dallat believes that the UDA have been behind many similar attacks in the area including this one.

Groups of 30+ men dont just appear out of nowhere and head towards a nationalist area, this was orchestrated.

The parades commision is to decide whether Fridays loyalist march should be re-reouted.
However they have no power to stop it and some loyalists selfishlessly believe that everywhere is the Queens highway thus this somehow gives them the right to march wherever they like- No matter what the circumstances.

Hewson

The deeply bigoted DUP have reverted to form on this one. No unequivocal condemnation of the drunk pigs who murdered Kevin McDaid, no expressions of sympathy for his wife and the other victims and now a determination to stage another one of their pathetic, infantile marches in the same area.

The DUP are a party of brain-dead bums. Backward, bigoted, small-minded, childish morons who haunt their miserable past like noisy ghosts. Their followers are little better. All lost in a dreary fog of bitterness, irrational hatred and regressive, blind obedience to an irrelevant 'culture' devoid of a scintilla of merit.

One look at the shaved, tattooed thicks who make up their 'bands' tells you all you need to know about their IQ and ambitions in life. Their whole raison d'étre is negative, downbeat and well suited to the mediaeval mind-swamp they still wallow in, 300 years on.

Their answer will come.

Last edited:

Young Ned

The deeply bigoted DUP have reverted to form on this one. No unequivocal condemnation of the drunk pigs who murdered Peter McDaid, no expressions of sympathy for his wife and the other vicitms and now a determination to stage another one of their pathetic, infantile marches in the same area.

The DUP are a party of brain-dead bums. Backward, bigoted, small-minded, childish morons who haunt their miserable past like noisy ghosts. Their followers are little better. All lost in a dreary fog of bitterness, irrational hatred and regressive, blind obedience to an irrelevant 'culture' devoid of a scintilla of merit.

One look at the shaved, tattooed thicks who make up their 'bands' tells you all you need to know about their IQ and ambitions in life. Their whole raison d'étre is negative, downbeat and well suited to the mediaeval mind-swamp they still wallow in, 300 years on.

Their answer will come.
Well one silver lining could be that so long as they continue to act in this manner, and so long as the Catholic/nationalist community checks its (understandable) anger, it will be extremely difficult to push the one side is as bad as the other argument and still look credible.

Sick bastards!

talk about rubbing it in

st333ve

This is the Bebo page for the band planning to march through here.

bebo.com - Profile from PRIDE OF THE BANN FB <1977-2008>
"The Pride of the bann is the best band in Ulster !!! up da U.D.A, 30 years and still going strong !!!!!! "

"No surrender, f* the pope , up the UDA etc..."

Coleraine SDLP Assembly member John Dallat last night backed Ms McDaid’s view of UDA involvement: “There is no dispute between me and the PSNI that UDA elements were involved.” Whether it was orchestrated or not was not the point, he said.

Mr Dallat is meeting the Parades Commission today in Belfast in an effort to prevent a planned major Orange march in the area on Friday.

Permission has already been granted for the parade called “The Pride of the Bann”, which involves 40 bands and up to 2,000 supporters marching along a street adjacent to where Mr McDaid was murdered.

The UDA, they called themselves the UDA,” she said. “I ran across to help him and they beat me while they beat him, and my neighbour had to step in to try to save me and she was pregnant and they beat her,” she told BBC Radio Foyle.

“She shouted ‘I’m pregnant’ and they didn’t care. My sons tried to work on him [Mr McDaid], the ambulance was phoned but he was dead, I knew he was dead.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/0527/1224247503479.html

I would suspect that this band would have many UDA members, that means that this organisation who most likely murdered this man can now legally march past the spot a few days later playing loyalist songs.

Last edited:

Tiernanator

DUP councillor Sandy Gilkinson shrugged off the attacks which killed one man, left another man fighting for his life and injured some women at the scene.
The attacks came after a local loyalist mob armed with bottles bats and even hammers went on the rampage attacking random people.
The attacks happened after Rangers won a football league in Scotland.

In response to residents and nationalist politicians asking for a sectarian parade to be cancelled which is due to pass the spot in 2 days
DUP councillor Sandy Gilkinson stated..

"Sadly while things this happen and while i condemn the death, life still has to go on"

DUP councillor Gregory Campbell also stated that the loyalists should march past the spot but stated that they should give 1 minutes silence.

This was tried before in Portadown, but after the silence the band burst into loud intimidating drum bashes and supporters broke into sectarian chants.
It's even a possibility that some of the loyalists involved in the attack could be band members or supporters.

The parade is expected to attract thousands of loyalists who will march past Killowen street which is metres from where Mr.McDaid was murdered.

Earler a young witness told that a girl had shouted at the mob to leave another victim alone as they attempted to beat him to death.
She said 'He's only an auld man leave him alone!" but one of his attackers responded with " But he's still a taig"
The man is now critically ill in hospital.

The men claimed to be from the UDA.

A Police spokesman told he BBC they have no reasons to suspect the UDA was involved and chief inspector Frankie Taylor said that Tri-colours in the area could be linked to the mans death.
The PSNI are under investigation after witnesses said they watched and done nothing.

SDLP MLA John Dallat believes that the UDA have been behind many similar attacks in the area including this one.

Groups of 30+ men dont just appear out of nowhere and head towards a nationalist area, this was orchestrated.

The parades commision is to decide whether Fridays loyalist march should be re-reouted.
However they have no power to stop it and some loyalists selfishlessly believe that everywhere is the Queens highway thus this somehow gives them the right to march wherever they like- No matter what the circumstances.

The northern statelet is the problem st333ve. It is inherently sectarian. I am not in the least surprised.

pete2

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flWg-c-r0pA]YouTube - BBC Newsline report 27 05 2009 Kevin McDaid murder[/ame]

st333ve

If they had any morals the organisers would cancel the UDA parade.

Gruffalo

Loyalists and morals? They do not belong in the same sentence.

Kf

So the deads man son has now been threatened and there is a parade due to pass his house. FFS.

I agree with JC, it is a test for the parades commission, a test that can help framework the acceptability of lethal sectarian behaviour. But it is also a test for the DUP. They need to clearly reject, out of hand, any tolerance of sectarianism and they make it evident that the UDA etc, do not have any support, tactic or otherwise for provovactive marches such as the one planned for friday.

The killing of Constable Carroll was SF test - this is the DUP's.

st333ve

Theyve been quite cold imo, and supporting the parade is quite immoral.

picador

Shame of the Bann

Pride Of The Bann F.B. Coleraine |

As you may see the band practices every Monday night at Scott's Bar on New Market Street, Coleraine. This is the same bar at which the mob assembled before going on their rampage (source UTV Live News). The band is UDA aligned - this is more apparent from looking at their Bebo site. They might well be a few members short on Friday night.
Hopefully the Parades Commission will get some cojones and reroute them (but I wouldn't count on it).

The DUP response to this pogrom has been an absolute disgrace. They are a shower of cowardly scumbags who are not fit to lead. The best response to them is to come out and vote on the 5th.

I offer you the following (made-up) quote from 'Culture Minister' Gregory Campbell:
"When I hear the word culture I reach for my Rangers scarf"

Hewson

Shame of the Bann

I offer you the following (made-up) quote from 'Culture Minister' Gregory Campbell:
"When I hear the word culture I reach for my Rangers scarf"

That'd be aquaculture. Toss the creeps in the Bann and see if they can swim. If they can't, throw them a brick.

5intheface

There has just been a statement released by the Pride of the Bann saying the parade will not cross to the Waterside at all.

mutley

So when two soldiers and a police officer are murdered catholics come out to protest against this, and our politicians condem it unequivically,
When a catholic man is murdered for his religion, there is little condemnation from unionist politicians and they don't see any problem with a victory parade past this mans door.

So this is what peace at any price feels like

st333ve

So the DUP have less morals than a UDA linked thumping loyalist band?

The DUP had no problem with the band crossing the spot where this man was killed, but the band obviously did.

st333ve

I heard the other mans brother on the radio, he's on a life support machine and it doesnt sound good.
A PSNI spokesman said they could be looking at another murder.

I hope he pulls through, one death is one too many.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies