DUP urged Alliance to try to postpone snap election - Naomi Long

Mickeymac

thats besides the point.the only way its going is direct rule for a generation at least if the votes dont fall right.

The words "direct rule" aimed at a Brit Colonialist these days, is akin to poking a crucifix in the face of a vampire.

death or glory

The words "direct rule" aimed at a Brit Colonialist these days, is akin to poking a crucifix in the face of a vampire.
Like the word Trump and president, that'll tighten youse.

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
Quite sad that cutting edge republicanism these days is hoping the UUP oust the DUP.

Beyond pathetic. Is this what the "war" was for?
And from post #9 just above ya fu*king dope :lol: " Although we're talking about six of one and half a dozen of the other if some of the DUP vote goes to the UUP, it's a necessity that Foster and the DUP have some of that arrogance knocked out of them. "

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
if there is an election the DUP will play tribal politics and still be the largest party, the DUP and SF deserve each other along with a sizeable portion of the NI electorate by voting for incompetents.
I think the DUP vote will slip to the UUP but also SF could be punished for their unionist pandering. As for "the DUP and SF deserve each other" - the DUP are the Fianna Fail of unionism, the Shinners due to partition have to share power with them in the six. Regardless, the wee political setup of the Gombeen state is clearly slipping when Fianna Gael and Fine Fail get less than 50% of the vote and have to become a de facto coalition ;)

Paddyc

We'll have to wait and see whether SF finally pulling the plug on the Assembly is enough to get them off the hook of "pandering to the DUP" or whether it will be seen as too little too late.

Either way, the SDLP under Colum Eastwood tried their own brand of "Unionist Outreach" with the UUP but didn't exactly cover themselves in glory.

I'd like to see Eamonn McCann hold on in Derry. If nothing else, he adds a bit of wit to proceedings. Can't say the PBP guy in Belfast has impressed me hugely.

I'm not clear on whether the 30 vote minimum for petitions of concern is due to be reduced in line with the reduction in MLAs. Can anyone enlighten me on that?

Ó Ghabhainn

We'll have to wait and see whether SF finally pulling the plug on the Assembly is enough to get them off the hook of "pandering to the DUP" or whether it will be seen as too little too late.

Either way, the SDLP under Colum Eastwood tried their own brand of "Unionist Outreach" with the UUP but didn't exactly cover themselves in glory.

I'd like to see Eamonn McCann hold on in Derry. If nothing else, he adds a bit of wit to proceedings. Can't say the PBP guy in Belfast has impressed me hugely.

I'm not clear on whether the 30 vote minimum for petitions of concern is due to be reduced in line with the reduction in MLAs. Can anyone enlighten me on that?
Yeah, the minimum stays the same iirc.

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com

Carroll will hold on better in Belfast than McCann in Derry. But your right, Carroll has been meek and letting McCann doing the sloganising and cliches etc

Ó Ghabhainn

Carroll will hold on better in Belfast than McCann in Derry. But your right, Carroll has been meek and letting McCann doing the sloganising and cliches etc
Land gestures, and facial expressions, and standing away from the mic to be heard too.

The Herren

Well the DUP trying to get the Alliance to postpone an election says it all about their real mindset. I'd imagine the DUP will drop some support with the UUP to benefit, but like FF down here with Haughey, Ahern etc there's always the idiot factor who will vote for ' the party ' regardless of corruption etc so it wouldn't be the end of the world for the DUP but could/will cost Foster the leadership. The DUP are the FF of unionism, you could drive a wooden stake through their heart at dawn and you still wouldn't finish them off.

I could see SF drop a bit, I have said for a long time that there is a few factors in the dropping turnout of nationalists for the last few elections, with SF's pandering to unionism been a factor (don't bother mentioning the SDLP, they have about as much gumption in them as a dead sheep). Indeed small gains in votes for Independent Republicans and Dissos could cost SF in marginal seats.
Nationalists? What happened to 'Republicans"? I believe there will be a drop in the SF/IRA vote because of their own scandals and and their turning a blind eye to some DUP ones, apart from token complaints .

I notice that SF/IRA fans on this site freely interchange the term Republican with Nationalist depending on their argument.

Mickeymac

Nationalists? What happened to 'Republicans"? I believe there will be a drop in the SF/IRA vote because of their own scandals and and their turning a blind eye to some DUP ones, apart from token complaints .

I notice that SF/IRA fans on this site freely interchange the term Republican with Nationalist depending on their argument.

Hell, not another copy and paste from the Sindo.:D

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies