Duppers As Gaeilge.

AhNowStop

Northern ireland is obviously not in Great Britain, I have never said it is, that is just basic geography.

That doesn't take away from the fact that my nationality is British.
lmfao ... Thats some climb down .... :lol:

Did it hurt when ye got neutered doggy :shock:

diaspora-mick

A DUP mayor is to give his 3rd address in Irish...

Mr Hamill said: "As part of Irish Language Week I am hosting an evening of song, music and dance to which a range of people from across the Irish language community have been invited.

"As mayor I feel it is right for me to say a few words in Irish at the beginning of the event to welcome everybody. I think it will be a great night and I am very much looking forward to it."

Mr Hamill said he had addressed an audience in Irish on two previous occasions recently.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/...ech-in-irish-happy-to-reach-out-36702835.html

With the shin flakes northern and southern commanders running away from any usage of the Irish language...

at the Sinn Fein Press conference at Stormont a reporter from TG4 - the Irish language channel - asked a question in Irish.

"A look somewhere between bewilderment and terror fell over the faces of both Mary Lou McDonald and Michelle O'Neill, neither of whom appeared able to reply to the question, which fell instead to be answered in Irish by Sinn Fein chairman Declan Kearney,"

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/...-and-beat-cultural-sectarianism-36616161.html

It seem's yet again the PUL community will have to save the language from those to lazy to try...

todhchaí oráiste geal...
A lile ba léir é, ba linn an lá ...

[video=youtube;kjqR7OOPNmQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjqR7OOPNmQ[/video]

redneck

Well done to Paul Hamill. Ceapaim go bhfuil sé fear mísneach. Shin flake is spelt Sinn Féin by the way.

redneck

will the multicultural Shinners be giving speeches in Ulster Scots ? unlikely.

Shinners giving speeches in Syrian/Urdu/Nigerian ? fairly likely,

A chairde, أنا سعيد جدا
Aye Ah hope that Shinn Feinn doth giveth the speechs in Ulster Scooots.

Nordie Northsider

A chairde, أنا سعيد جدا
A prominent SF member from Belfast used to have an Ulster Scots column in the newspaper Lá while that paper was still on the go. But hey, don't let that get in the way of your Shinner-bashing.

Nordie Northsider

Mary Lou will be learning irish. Just to keep up appearances. Like all the other plastic shinners.

she should have the balls to say 'i am republican and i do not speak the lingo'. Just like you can be a catholic and an atheist these days.
I've heard Mary Lou McDonald speak Irish and I thought she was ok - not word perfect, but much better than Joe McHugh, the Junior Minister with responsibility for Gaeltacht affairs. I don't know why she says that she can't speak it - maybe she wants to improve before she claims ability in the language. Not that it matters, you would hate her if she was Peig Sayer's love child by Máirtín Ó Cadhain.

mac tíre

Not much of a gaelgeoir chappie, but shouldn't that be Táim i'm leanbh mór? :confused:
Tá mé (Táim) i mo leanbh mór?

It probably would have been best to have gone with 'Is leanbh mór mé', I think.

In saying that, don't listen to me - I've just spent a post calling meself a big child. :D

mac tíre

Good on him - not just for speaking the language but in his getting DUP supporters to see one of their own using it. This, along with a few other instances in the past, will be used as cover for when the DUP finally sit down again to make a deal.

I think he should be congratulated and given the space to do that.

Aghalissabeagh

A chairde, أنا سعيد جدا
I'll gladly do a speech in Ulster Scotch for you, how about having the ills of causal racism as the topic

Aghalissabeagh

Worth noting that Leo was using Brexit and the Irish language to score political points against SF today, at least the DUP mayor is being a bit more genuine

Spirit Of Newgrange

That's because U/S is a load of b0ll0x
correct, as is ancient archaic reformulated Gaeilge in the year 2018. It has no native speakers, just charlatans who pretend to be.

Cruimh

Northern ireland is obviously not in Great Britain, I have never said it is, that is just basic geography.

That doesn't take away from the fact that my nationality is British.
AhNowStad - seems another one educated by the Noraid Bumper Book of British Beastliness

Basic History GB stands for Grande-Bretagne as opposed to Bretagne - at that time Ireland was separate.

Basic Geography

Aghalissabeagh

That's because U/S is a load of b0ll0x
Ah, no it's not, granted calling it a language is a stretch, but it's a dialect which like all dialects is worth some TLC and it is also a culture, granted mostly Scottish, but still a culture and also worthy of TLC,

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom