DUP's Robin Newton Investigated by Police

theloner

Another week, another DUP scandal. Money, paramilitaries, lies, and deceit. It's now Robin Newton's turn to be interviewed by CID for his links to the UDA and his non-disclosure of them. Party consistency dictates that he would deny the evidence against him found by the British Broadcasting Corporation.

Newton told the Assembly he was not an official adviser to the controversial UDA aligned Charter NI. NI Charter didn't have his back though. He said 'I do not hold and have never held a position as an advisor to Charter NI.

What he did for Charter NI according to Charter NI

- One set of minutes says that he helped to "steer" the board and did "more than just go to the board meetings"
- He helped head-hunt board members
- He attended board meetings for years
- He lobbied funders on behalf of the organisation
- Charter NI repeatedly refers to him in minutes as an advisor in documents that dated back years
- Helping to run Charter NI from mid 2012

What he did as Speaker of the Assembly

- The Speaker represents the constituency where Charter NI is overseeing the delivery of an employment scheme as part
of the Stormont Executive's contentious Social Investment Fund.
- Mr Newton sat on a steering group that awarded the £1.7m contract to Charter NI.
- Mr Newton lobbied for money for Charter NI just weeks before refusing an urgent assembly question by the SDLPs
Nichola Mallon about its funding - he cited "time pressure".*
- The charity's Facebook page referred to the Stormont Speaker as the group's advisor. Mr Newton had not revealed that
role when blocking the question about the organisation.

* Intense public attention focused on Charter NI and the wider SIF scheme since controversy flared late last year over the appointment of convicted armed robber Stitt to the £35,000-a-year chief executive's role.

His obvious previous

The employment of relatives to carry out work for assembly members has "distinct advantages" -Robin Newton (2013)-

Newton's immediate family earned up to £800,000 from the public purse since he was elected as an MLA for East Belfast in 2003. At his Castlereagh Road constituency office, his wife Carole and son Adam were his only current staff. Carole was office manager and secretary, while Adam was a researcher and constituency worker.

DUP & the UDA

It has been claimed that the DUP used the Social Investment Fund, administered by the Executive Office, to help attract votes from hardline loyalist communities. A UDA faction publicly backed the DUP ahead of the Assembly election earlier this year. Lisburn and South Belfast boss Jackie McDonald called a series of meetings in which he ordered his members to back the DUP.

The BBC put this question to former leader Peter Robinson, said to be the architect of the fund, who responding by saying "Catch yourself on"....... :lol:

Currently on £87,000

Mr Newton, who is still being paid £87,000-a-year as speaker and MLA despite the assembly not sitting, has refused to stand down for this latest DUP mess. Sinn Fein, the Ulster Unionists, SDLP, Alliance, the Greens and TUV are all united in calling on the DUP MLA to immediately step aside.

Speaking a few nights ago, the SDLP deputy leader said; "It is clear from the documentation unearthed by Spotlight that Mr Newton failed to declare to the assembly and public the full extent of his role with Charter NI when he ruled against my urgent oral question on the funding of public money to this organisation from being heard and answered."

MLA Robin Newton's wife and son are his only staff at DUP constituency office - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk
https://www.irishnews.com/news/2017/10/11/news/pressure-grows-on-stormont-speaker-robin-newton-over-links-to-charter-ni-1158990/

Here's a pic of Newton not working for Charter NI

"I do not hold and have never held a position as an advisor to Charter NI"

Last edited:

GDPR

Where else would you find something as utterly shameless as the DUP? Their shamelessness seems to get more surreal as time goes on.

GDPR

The problem is that the DUP couldn't get away with half of the stuff they get up to in Northern Ireland if it wasn't for the fact of the massive tribalism and sectarianism at home, so they have a vested interest in keeping that pot stirred.

AhNowStop

There is simply no end to their arrogance, greed, corruption & incompetence ... but nothing ever seems to happen to them because of it so why would they stop .... its a feckin disgrace :roll:

On Tuesday, William Crawley asked "Screaming Jim Wilson" if he was on any steering groups to which he half laughed & half grunted a cursory "No" ... you just knew he was lying through his teeth..
Yesterday, Crawley had him on admitting he indeed "was" a board member of the SIF steering group and has been for years (east Belfast I think) .. :shock:
His excuse for his lies was that he forgot and that he didnt go to the meetings anyway :|

Taking the p1ss is par for the course for these DUP/UDA types it seems ...

between the bridges

Tut tut lonelys, there's already a fred on it ( mind u tis a sh1te OP), but unlike yours it's doesn't cliam he's being investigated for links to the UDA, let's hope stringvest doesn't see the legal difficulties...

CastleRay

Is there a link to back up the claim Robin Newton is being interviewed by CID for links to the UDA?

AhNowStop

Is there a link to back up the claim Robin Newton is being interviewed by CID for links to the UDA?
Tut tut lonelys, there's already a fred on it ( mind u tis a sh1te OP), but unlike yours it's doesn't cliam he's being investigated for links to the UDA, let's hope stringvest doesn't see the legal difficulties...
lol, you Crackpots are some value hi .. :lol:

yez examine every post which points out unionist arrogance, greed & duplicity and fire back with some inane deflection .... ffs lads just admit when your representatives are a disgrace .. it will make ye feel better in the long run :cool: lol

between the bridges

between the bridges

yez examine every post which points out unionist arrogance, greed & duplicity and fire back with some inane deflection .... ffs lads just admit when your representatives are a disgrace .. it will make ye feel better in the long run :cool: lol
Child tis the game of p.ie, if only ye had a mirror ye might see the same image...

theloner

Hilariously predictable. Last wan to say SFIRA is a rotten egg.

theloner

It says a member of the public complained, moi guesses that the Shinners having already approved the money to the ahem UDA, couldn't lodge a compliant...
SF already lodged a complaint to the assembly ya f*cking fruitcake. And waiting to see if he broke the law (that's Section 43 NI Act to a legal expert like you) to report it to the cops.

West Belfast MLA Alex Maskey said: "We are also seeking confirmation as to whether he was in breach of the Section 43 NI Act applicable to MLAs on declaration of interests.

Sinn Fein lodge formal complaint over Robin Newton Spotlight claims - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

Crikey, you lads are more f*cked up than theloner thought, and believe me that was already pretty low.

CastleRay

Police are to investigate whether Northern Ireland's Assembly speaker broke the law by not declaring an interest in a UDA-linked community organisation .

https://www.google.co.kr/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-northern-ireland-41595465

Knock yourselves out kids.
Cheers.

I reckon it's a red herring. He might have advised them, the same as he's provided advice for loads of organisations as part of his elected role, but I don't think he has held any position within Charter NI, employed or appointed.

That does not take away from the fact of the DUP / SF channelling money into working class communities via community led organisations with savoury characters in the employ. Nor how chummy the DUP are with such unsavoury characters (UDA) in certain areas. Actually I don't think Newton is chummy with them but I think certain other and back office DUP people are. It's well known about and something I find disgusting albeit so many of their other critics seem to have demanded they provide leadership to such people.

vivabrigada

Cheers.

I reckon it's a red herring. He might have advised them, the same as he's provided advice for loads of organisations as part of his elected role, but I don't think he has held any position within Charter NI, employed or appointed.

That does not take away from the fact of the DUP / SF channelling money into working class communities via community led organisations with savoury characters in the employ. Nor how chummy the DUP are with such unsavoury characters (UDA) in certain areas. Actually I don't think Newton is chummy with them but I think certain other and back office DUP people are. It's well known about and something I find disgusting albeit so many of their other critics seem to have demanded they provide leadership to such people.
Dee Stitt is not a "savoury carachter" he's a self confessed UDA commander in Bangor, or as he liies to call it, head of homeland security!
Ffs......

theloner

BREAKING NEWS

What Gerry Adams did for the PIRA according to the Army Council

- One set of minutes says that he helped to "steer" the IRA and did "more than just go to the general
conventions"
- He helped recruit members
- He attended army council meetings for years
- He lobbied rich US funders on behalf of the Army Council
- The Army Council repeatedly refers to him in minutes as an advisor in documents that
dated back years
- Helping to run the IRA from 1969

Now, Raymondo, with this breaking news would you reply with;

'I reckon it's a red herring. He might have advised them, the same as he's provided advice for loads of organisations as part of his elected role, but I don't think he has held any position within the IRA, employed or appointed'.

AhNowStop

Child tis the game of p.ie, if only ye had a mirror ye might see the same image...
Na Bwigey, if Nationalist politicians were mixed up in any of the following I'd be calling for their resignations..

£5 land deals
Toy Boy loans
Red Sky
NAMA
RHI
Ian Og - £100k undeclared holidays
Robin Newton - undeclared conflict of interests re Charter NI & SIF.
Reneging on "signed up to" agreements :lol:
Paying the UDA for votes...

2 of the above have come to light in the last few weeks and "at least" 4 of the above are still under investigation ... WTF are they like eh :shock:

If you gobsh1tes on here had a shred of decency you would be damning these people but no, you Crackpots just make excuses, deflect and invoke whataboutery when the DUP/UDA "constantly" get involved in incompetence, greed, corruption, arrogance etc....

So Bwigey, can ye spot the difference there son .. .. I seem to have to say that to you a lot .. you must be "very slow".......:roll:

mac tíre

Jaysis, the Duper on the fred doesn't seem happy the DUP's links to Unionist terrorists is being exposed.

Personally, moi's delighted.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies