Dutch cyclist Tom Dumoulin says situation around Bradley Wiggins 'stinks'

sport02

Just saw a brief part of the interview of Bradley Wiggins with Andrew Marr this morning, he looked shaky and uncomfortable.

Bradley Wiggins has managed to further muddy the waters in his first interview since hackers revealed he had been allowed to use a banned drug during competition.
The first Briton to win the Tour de France has been under immense pressure to speak after the Russian hackers revealed he had three Therapeutic Use Exemptions (TUEs) for injections of a powerful corticosteroid, triamcinolone, before his last two Tours and the Giro d’Italia in 2013.
However, his explanation in a televised interview to be broadcast on Sunday morning seems alarmingly inconsistent with his account of the build-up to his 2012 Tour triumph in his autobiography. And on Saturday, Tom Dumoulin, who was beaten to the world time trial title by Wiggins in 2014, broke ranks to say the situation around the British rider ‘stinks’.
Bradley Wiggins insists he's clean over Tour drug injections... but BBC interview muddies the waters as one rival says the situation 'stinks' | Daily Mail Online

sport02

An English doctor from the university of Sheffield tweeted the below while watching the interview.

David King.
Treated a lot of people with asthma and allergies but never with IM triamcinolone. Strange Bradley Wiggins was. #marr

Analyzer

Maybe it might be a good idea to give BW an exemption on testing.........

Therapeutic Use Exemption appears to be widely (ab)used across all sports.
You've said this several times in the past - including before the latest revelations.

What you posted appears to be fully justified.

sport02

Steve Hawkes The Sun
Never seen Bradley Wiggins look so shaky #Marr

Betson

Yet another top athlete who suffers who suffers from heath problems that seemingly only banned substances can help.

I think if these professional sports people are given these exceptions it should be made public at the time , there should be a register saying that X has an exception and they are allowed use to y for it etc etc.

The whole thing stinks and looks very suspicious.

ionsniffer

always suspected him. pure smug. thinks he's Liam Gallagher.
all of them are at it.

gerhard dengler

Yet another top athlete who suffers who suffers from heath problems that seemingly only banned substances can help.

I think if these professional sports people are given these exceptions it should be made public at the time , there should be a register saying that X has an exception and they are allowed use to y for it etc etc.
+1.

sport02

Some of the comments in various newspapers posted by people are saying he never mentioned having asthma in his autobiography. I wonder if that is true.

This reminds me of a glass of wine I enjoyed at a bar in Pont de l'Alma a few years ago. I jokingly asked the waiter (on the basis that Diana had died there) whether there were any plans to name any of the local streets in her honour. The reply was scornful (correctly) and basically consisted of "we'll give a few decades of assessment of her record before deciding whether to elevate her in that way".

Irrelevant?

Not really, given that in the recent rush to make the honours system more democratic people such as Wiggins have been granted knighthoods and damehoods. Hell, the entire English cricket team of 2005 were given gngs - despite the fact that 50 years later some members of the England World Cup winning side were never elevated.

sport02

Irish journalist David Walsh
The more I've looked at the Wiggins' TUEs, the murkier they seem

johnnypockets

They are all on drugs. If the authorities wanted to catch them they could very easily do so. There is too much money involved to want to.

johnnypockets

soccer is next. fixed beyond belief. too much money involved for it not to be.
Problem is, if they are not tackling it in less powerful sports they will hardly tackle it in the most powerful. They will have a similar approach to that of american football and baseball.

New Threads

Most Replies