• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Dutch General Election 2017 - Can Geert Wilders become Prime-Minister?

Researchwill

This "Russia" rhetoric is eerily similar to McCarthyism.
No it is not. Most people do not hate russia, most people know that all countries do what Russia is accused of doing. The Difference is people like you dont get that by following the Russian narrative you are doing harm to the USA and Europe. Russia is a Country that wants a weak west thats fine, for Russia, but for crying out loud wake up and see you are helping them to do it.

Dame_Enda

No it is not. Most people do not hate russia, most people know that all countries do what Russia is accused of doing. The Difference is people like you dont get that by following the Russian narrative you are doing harm to the USA and Europe. Russia is a Country that wants a weak west thats fine, for Russia, but for crying out loud wake up and see you are helping them to do it.
Ireland is already weak by virtue of refusing to spend anything on defence. Our own leaders in all parties are to blame for that. I despise Putin - have done for years (see the Ukraine threads). But politics makes for strange bedfellows, and I don't really mind him supporting parties I agree with, given that SF raises millions in the US. Any Irish political party that wants to accuse Trump of colluding with a foreign power should be reminded where much of their own money comes from.

Mitsui2

None of this has anything to do with the Dutch general election.
To be fair, much of even the early part of the thread had less to do with the Dutch general election than it did with Disneyland.

bormotello

Oops
Dutch foreign minister resigns after lying about Putin meeting - DutchNews.nl
Dutch foreign minister Halbe Zijlstra has resigned after admitting he lied about being in Russian president Vladimir’s dacha in 2006 when he worked for Shell and hearing Putin talk about his plans for a greater Russia. Zijlstra had been under fire since admitting on Monday that he lied about overhearing Putin define ‘Greater Russia’ as ‘Russia, Belarus, Ukraine and the Baltic states,’ then adding that ‘Kazakhstan was nice to have’. He had been due to debate the incident with MPs on Tuesday afternoon but resigned ahead of the scheduled debate. In a short statement, Zijlstra said the lie was ‘by far the biggest mistake I have made in my political career’. ‘The Netherlands,’ he said, ‘deserves a foreign affairs minister who is above all reproach.’

bormotello