• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Dutch Sculptor to Visit Ireland Again.

MauriceColgan

Website
www.politicalworld.org
Based in Greensboro North Carolina, Michiel Van der Sommen, a fine sculptor with an extraordinary career, including flying helicopters in Alaska and building his own plane, plans to visit Ireland this year. He was last in Dublin 2003 when he gave a talk on sculpture at Dublin's Central Library.
Michiel also met and spoke with Irish sculptors in their workshops here in Dublin.
An example of his work appeared in The Irish Times, magazine, back then.

Please take a look at the video and enjoy the beautiful Beethoven music too.

Sculptures by Michiel VanderSommen - YouTube

drummed

A novel way to start another Beethoven thread Maurice.

Toidissatafu

Now, now, guys I'm attempting to spread a little more culture around politics.ie and 'moderators' are already on my case.

Seriously, Michiel is a most interesting man and a gifted artist. His eclectic works are well worth a view.
Nothing wrong with that.
Did you read about the latest DNA test on Merv Presley, one of Elvis first cousins (possibly brother & grandfather) >> turns out they are mostly pure Irish.

MauriceColgan

Website
www.politicalworld.org
Nothing wrong with that.
Did you read about the latest DNA test on Merv Presley, one of Elvis first cousins (possibly brother & grandfather) >> turns out they are mostly pure Irish.
Link please.

Michiel Van der Sommen is also on facebook. He has a webpage or two. He started out as a Marine Engineer! His relatives in Holland are Financiers. The Philistines are not really interested in his Art!

Do please check out his beautiful work on the link above.

The commission on large sculpture orders is substantial. :)

Toidissatafu

Link please.
I foolishly assumed that you would have sighted & pressed the article about Merv >> I will try & recall the news channel it was on.
No question about it though, they had the DNA map & everything.

Until then & for now, here is the nearest thing Maurice.
Fairly good I say. Not the best perhaps >> but he's one of us Maurice.
[video=youtube;p8j4_iP2MOg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8j4_iP2MOg[/video]

chriskavo

Wow that guy is unbelievably talented, his scuptures of women are just beautiful. I loved the windswept lady with the bow and arrow and and his impression of a young Elvis.

Thats what you call art unlike most of shyte that passes for it today. Thanks for posting Maurice.

MauriceColgan

Website
www.politicalworld.org
Wow that guy is unbelievably talented, his scuptures of women are just beautiful. I loved the windswept lady with the bow and arrow and and his impression of a young Elvis.

Thats what you call art unlike most of shyte that passes for it today. Thanks for posting Maurice.
You are welcome.

As for Elvis rhine-stoned impersonators.... To be kind, they are just not my thing.

I am a fan of the guy that lit up the world as a young exciting and untamed vocalist back in my teens. There's never been anyone remotely like him since.

I love Michiels work in bronze. He is a thoughtful and learned scholar.