• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

E H: "Crime gangs are flying into Dublin for weekend iPhone theft sprees"

Dublin 4

Gardai have now launched a major operation against the marauding foreign gangs, mainly consisting of young smartly dressed men and women from Romania and Bulgaria.
Last Friday night, one criminal – who had just flown into Dublin – was found with nine stolen iPhones as he left a prominent city centre nightclub.
The suspect in his 20s – a Romanian national – was arrested as he walked on Wexford Street by officers just seconds after he had left the nightclub last weekend.

Gangs flying in to steal iPhones - Herald.ie

Will the Gards get a handle on this?

Isn't it unreal that people are just flying over to steal your phone?

Do you know anyone who has had their phone stolen recently?

Does anyone have any tips on Mobile Phone Security?

Morgellons

Gangs of Romanians flying to Dublin to steal iPhones-thanks EU!

There's an app you can get which allows the device to be traced by satellite if it's stolen. I don't know the particulars but a friend had a visit from the guards a while back who believed a stolen iPad was in his house-the app showed it as being there. They were fairly insistant that he had it and offered him a chance to give it up freely. The thing is accurate to a few metres and it turned out the iPad was next door to him.

These shops offering second hand phones, "All models unlocked", does anyone check to see where they get there phones from?

stopdoingstuff

I see it as an opportunity for Irish criminals. They could do the robbing and then the Romanians would only need to send over a few collectors.

sport02

40% of Romanian population in Britain in the last five years have been arrested for serious offences.
Romanian crime a

That figure does not consist of petty crime, begging and stealing from shops.

Morgellons

I see it as an opportunity for Irish criminals. They could do the robbing and then the Romanians would only need to send over a few collectors.
Small time mentality. Let the gypos rob the phones then rob the gypos at the airport.

Mountaintop

Don't worry....they're flying into 'Dublin' based on what Apple maps tells them..
...they're actually in Knock

*this post also works if you substitute 'Apple Maps' with 'Ryan Air'

Dublin 4

I knew when I started this thread the Pro Immigration & Anti Immigration dudes would come on & knock the cr@p outta each other.

:p I'm bad :evil:

nonpartyboy

it's all ryanair's fault.....

opinions

Wonder will they get Ming's phone?

Dublin 4

They'll have to be quick :p

BookFace

I saw this video a few years ago about a lad who had his MAC stolen and its a great story/presentation of his quest to get it returned. his story starts 3 mins in

[video=youtube;U4oB28ksiIo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=U4oB28ksiIo#![/video]

The OD

Class thread! I'm disappointed with our own indigenous criminals, it seems they are all victims of the whole Celtic pussy years and think snatching phones is beneath them, they all want the big coke deals and so on......is it any wonder there is so many foreigners filling the gap?

Come on lads, how many of you are getting shot for your Tony Montana delusions?

Irish crime for Irish criminals NOW!

Shpake

Relax! this is a form of development aid for Eastern Europe.

Boy M5

The Gathering....

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies