• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

E Voting machines to be scrapped

constitutionus

according to eamonn keane on newstalk quoting from a press release he got. more to follow

EDIT. KN got in there ahead of me, any chance a mod can deleate please?

kerrynorth

John Gormley announces scraping of e-voting machines: Newstalk

Newstalk are breaking a story that John Gormley will announce shortly the scraping of the e-voting machines. Newstalk say they have an advance copy of the speech.

kerrynorth

I have asked for this thread to be deleted as there was another one put up at the same time.

kerrynorth

Actually you got ahead of me C. I asked the mods to delete my thread so keep this one open.

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
_. P .., .S.
. .:............. ....
....:.................._ ....,
............ .............., .:..
....... . . _:........ :..
_...... . .<........ ....
,...... ....... ..._.
_..... ..:...) .....
:.... ..:.... .....
.... _:..... .....
...... .....U..._.
..... _:..... (
O..... ......
:... ) .......
....._ . ...E:..),
.:.... ).... . _.....
..... ,...... .:....
) ..... ...:.._ .....
....... ..:..... ...+,
. :...... )..:...,. ....
.:....... ..+......., _:...
............?. .............. .....
. .......:............,. :...
. :..............) ...
.. I. .. ,D.

constitutionus

I have asked for this thread to be deleted as there was another one put up at the same time.
you got more info KN so i asked for mine to be deleated :)

on the OP its about fecking time. fair play to eamonn for giving us a heads up, his show is one i dont miss on newstalk.

fun now will be the bytching about all the contracts signed to party faithfull and friends to store
the things. :)

EDIT. at KN, thanks man !

sickpuppy

God i'm going to be one of the few who has ever voted on those machines -think i did it twice and all, i thought they were cool to use - can i buy one for nostallgic purposes?
There was a bloke on the radio a while back saying that because the computer chips in them are so big and bulky they would make excellent tools to teach kids about computers - possible use for them?

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
_. P .., .S.
. .:............. ....
....:.................._ ....,
............ .............., .:..
....... . . _:........ :..
_...... . .<........ ....
,...... ....... ..._.
_..... ..:...) .....
:.... ..:.... .....
.... _:..... .....
...... .....U..._.
..... _:..... (
O..... ......
:... ) .......
....._ . ...E:..),
.:.... ).... . _.....
..... ,...... .:....
) ..... ...:.._ .....
....... ..:..... ...+,
. :...... )..:...,. ....
.:....... ..+......., _:...
............?. .............. .....
. .......:............,. :...
. :..............) ...
.. I. .. ,D.

kerrynorth

They will make a fortune if they put them out for sale. A lot of pubs will want one as a novelty.

Digout

Surely the ministers that came up with this scam should be binned also?

turdsl

Voting machines gone, millions gone, Dempsey and Cullen still there,what a disgrace no leadership. Cowen must go now.

jc_ie

Ah no. That's a a pity
Ah i supposed the europeans will just laugh at us going back to using "ol' pencils"

Just like those Germans who ruled the use of machines as being unconstitutional.
And those Dutch who has also ditched E voting machines.

And before anyone attempted to accuse me of being a luddite i would be happy to explain to you in detail what the hell was wrong with those machines in the first place.

oscartango

Some people were looking for examples yesterday or the day before of instances where civil servants strongly advised against certain courses of action but the politicians went ahead and did them anyway. This is one.

constitutionus

God i'm going to be one of the few who has ever voted on those machines -think i did it twice and all, i thought they were cool to use - can i buy one for nostallgic purposes?
There was a bloke on the radio a while back saying that because the computer chips in them are so big and bulky they would make excellent tools to teach kids about computers - possible use for them?

i used em too when i was living in tallaght .

never did like em, too dodgy. or rather too tempting for dodgyness to happen and not be found out. for a country our size theres nothing wrong with the ol pencil and paper. besides it takes all the fun out of an election/referendum and christ knows we need everything we can to get people to vote period and the sheer waste in storing the fecking things.

they actually get treated better than some citizens in the state.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies