• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Eamon Keane

Aristodemus

Whatever happened to him?

DCon

Maybe FF had RTE recruit him so he could be silenced?

Indy-pendant

Haven't heard a thing since that album launch or whatever - was that April?

Reeeeally miss him at lunchtime...

Anybody have any news at all?

kate1001

I don't think he'll appear on rte he'd be too honest in his criticism for their cosy cartel!!

Indy-pendant

Unless it's a different Eamon Keane he wrote for The Herald just this week?

Eamon Keane: Everyone is to blame except Bertie

The Irish Independent speculated in May that he was bound for RTÉ

Irish Independent: Rumours of RTE move for Keane
That's very interesting...
I can't find any other piece by Eamon Keane apart from that since March 2010 - but my search skills are pretty suspect. The May piece is out of date now, with Tubs gone to 2FM/John Murray on in the AM etc.
Anyone else know anything?

I wish he'd come back to radio, I think he's made for broadcasting.
I'd switch to whichever station he was on in a shot!

Tomas Mor

I wish he'd come back to radio, I think he's made for broadcasting.
I'd switch to whichever station he was on in a shot!
So would I. RTE could do with him in the mornings now,as present crowd are not good. There is a separate thread about this for some months now.

McDave

So would I. RTE could do with him in the mornings now,as present crowd are not good. There is a separate thread about this for some months now.
I'd rather not that he were on self-absorbed, PC, conformist, pro-government RTE. I think they'd sit on his individuality and curtail his tendency to talk straight. NewsTalk was a great platform for him and other interesting broadcasters like Damien Kiberd, Vincent Browne and David McWilliams.

LeDroit

Don't know what happened to explain his sudden departure from NewsTalk but he is a notoriously temperamental guy to work with so he could have just exploded one day.

He'd never fit in RTE. 4FM should try to recruit him. It'd put them on the map but maybe he got a pay off that prevents him from talking about his departure or joining another station for a period?

politicaldonations

He'd be better than Marc Coleman on newstalks nighttime(10-12) midweek slot. Seems like a bit of a nightbird anyway.

MsAnneThrope

I wish he'd come back to radio, I think he's made for broadcasting. I'd switch to whichever station he was on in a shot!
Same here. He was the main reason I listened to Newstalk in the mornings/lunchtime. Lovely voice/accent too.

hellsbells

I too miss Eammo

whitepower

eamon keane

eamon you were the best on radio we need the angry man back on the radio

Thomas Ofiannachta

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-eiPcFQXXs]YouTube - Hang The Moon by Eamon Keane National Concert Hall[/ame]

Is this really him??

DaveM

Always found him a pretty irritating. Lunchtime much better with Damien Kiberd back.

constitutionus

he's still writing for the sindo too.

had an article in the one on the 21st at least.

holymoley

Jesus this channel is terrible. Round table debate after six though, that will give Eamon something to get his teeth back into again