• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Eamon Kelly and the Official IRA

Concerned Irishman

It seems notorious Dublin gangster Eamon Kelly was clipped last night, probably by the Real IRA. I was surprised to read today in the papers that he was once involved in bank robbing for the Sticky RA during the 1980's. Does that mean the likes of Eamon Gilmore and Pat Rabbitte's early election campaigns where funded using funds from this scumbag then? :lol:

finbin o toole

It seems notorious Dublin gangster Eamon Kelly was clipped last night, probably by the Real IRA. I was surprised to read today in the papers that he was once involved in bank robbing for the Sticky RA during the 1980's. Does that mean the likes of Eamon Gilmore and Pat Rabbitte's early election campaigns where funded using funds from this scumbag then? :lol:
maybe thats why he survived so long dont you think?

borntorum

Well, there's no evidence of that.

But it is a constant source of amazement to me that the shady pasts of the Sticky elements in Labour are rarely if ever discussed by the media, particularly given the amount of muck that has been thrown at PSF (much of it deserved) down the years.

Although, given the amount of WP sympathisers who ended up in the broadcasting and newspaper business, perhaps the taboo isn't so surprising after all

Seanie Lemass

There is lots of evidence for the OIRA funding the Workers Party election campaigns. That is what the money was for. Now, who was elected to Leinster House for the Workers Party? They were at 'family' meetings that included the WP Ard Comhairle and the Army Council of 'Group B' - the sticky 'RA. Indeed at least one of them who deserted to Labour was a member of both the Army Council and the Ard Comhairle.

leftsoc

Well, there's no evidence of that.

But it is a constant source of amazement to me that the shady pasts of the Sticky elements in Labour are rarely if ever discussed by the media, particularly given the amount of muck that has been thrown at PSF (much of it deserved) down the years.

Although, given the amount of WP sympathisers who ended up in the broadcasting and newspaper business, perhaps the taboo isn't so surprising after all
So breathlessly anxious was the reporter on RTE to spin off the 'feud is about protection money' angle, that you would think the 'secret cumann' was never woundup. It was almost as if Kelly , the ex-Stickie , was a Goodie, some kind of victim. I have no time for Alan Ryan and his likes , but that doesn't mean you have to believe every bit of rubbish from the Garda Press Office. Repeating Garda Press Office spin is not the function of a reporter, even in the discredited 'crime reporting' field. Remember Hillsborough.

Seanie Lemass

Well leftsoc, some of RTE's most prominent reporters were once members of the same organisation as Kelly. Give them space to grieve :)

borntorum

Coincidentally I saw Pronsias de Rossa walking down Parliament St in Dublin yesterday. He looked...pensive ;)

McTell

Twitter
No
That'll be filed away as: ".. some of our colleagues even allowed their enthusiasm to run head of their better judgement."

edifice.

Coincidentally I saw Pronsias de Rossa walking down Parliament St in Dublin yesterday. He looked...pensive ;)
Does he go to the funeral or not..........decisions decisions!

R

Ramps

Is it true that his 12 year old granddaughter was with him when he was shot?

Hitch 22

Eamon Kelly is an uncomfortable reminder of the murky pasts of household names in the media, our political establishment, the legal profession and academia.
Kelly and his ilk were once groomed to be the muscle of the marxist revolutionaries and ultra nationalists who sought to be the future government of Ireland once their beloved Soviets won the Cold War.
The organized crime plaguing this country today was the creation of both its midwives in the Stickies and their rivals in the Provos.
They armed them and they trained them.

Last edited:
R

Ramps

Eamon Kelly is an uncomfortable reminder of the murky pasts of household names in the media, our political establishment, the legal profession and academia.
Kelly and his ilk were once groomed to be the muscle of the marxist revolutionaries and ultra nationalists who sought to be the future government of Ireland once their beloved Soviets won the Cold War.
The organized crime plaguing this country today was the creation of both its midwives in the Stickies and their rivals in the Provos.
Exactly. They encouraged violence as a method of getting what they wanted, and they fostered an attitude of ambivalence, or hostility, towards the authority of the State, courts, and police.

It's a bit rich for Gerry and Martin to criticize RIRA folk for doing what many of their comrades were doing 20 years ago.

picador

LOL first time I ever heard the Stickies described as ultra-nationalists.

Hitch said:
How do you account for organised crime / drugs gangs being worldwide phenomena?

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
3,2,1 ........... it's all the Provos fault !!!!!! Opppppps Hitch got there before me

" murky pasts of household names in the media " Ah, Sinn Fein were barred off the state's TV and Radio as per section 31, the Sticky's were more anti nationalist than even you pr!ck !!!!!!

Your big 'eros the SAS/Brit dirty tricks dept armed and trained the loyalists to murder completely innocent Catholics, but that's of course just dandy with you Hitch.

Hitch 22

LOL first time I ever heard the Stickies described as ultra-nationalists.
I was talking about marxist revolutionaries (the stickies) and ultra-nationalists (the provos).

How do you account for organised crime / drugs gangs being worldwide phenomena?
The violent murder gangs of the extreme left and the extreme right turned to organized crime following the end of the Cold War and the end of the Troubles.

Hitch 22

3,2,1 ........... it's all the Provos fault !!!!!! Opppppps Hitch got there before me

" murky pasts of household names in the media " Ah, Sinn Fein were barred off the state's TV and Radio as per section 31, the Sticky's were more anti nationalist than even you pr!ck !!!!!!
I was referring to the stickies you idiot. A well known personality once gave a clenched fist salute a comrade's funeral.

Your big 'eros the SAS/Brit dirty tricks dept armed and trained the loyalists to murder completely innocent Catholics, but that's of course just dandy with you Hitch.
Where the f*ck did you get that idea from? How does criticism of the stickies and provos mean I am a supporter of loyalist murder gangs?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies