Éamon Ó Cuív sacked from Fianna Fáil Front Bench

Marcos the black

I suspect MM was looking for a reason for some time to ditch him and that one presented itself.

Is O'Cuiv so important that this spells the end or are you just running away with yourself?
I don't think he's important at all... But I think he does, and I think he'll try his best to gather support within the party.. afterall in his head, FF is his birth right, and in his blood... So if it leads to another internal division within FF then I'd be delighted.

galteeman

It's a good move by Mehole as the likes of EOC, tinsie Willie, little Biffo etc. remind the public of what FF are about and do immense damage.
EOC is probably indignant at the take down of the RC church and the true god-fearing wing of FF from primacy, what next will the traitors to Eire come for? The GAA?

culmore

The Ball is in Dev Og,s Court now , what will he do with it ? just take his punishment or fight back either way he is History

cricket

The Ball is in Dev Og,s Court now , what will he do with it ? just take his punishment or fight back either way he is History
Probably thought this would lead to a leadership bid by him but he's had a few false starts now. I think he's history but Martin will be replaced after the next GE.

sic transit

Dev Og is now 68 and probably at a point to consider his immediate future.

seanof

It's a good move by Mehole as the likes of EOC, tinsie Willie, little Biffo etc. remind the public of what FF are about and do immense damage.
EOC is probably indignant at the take down of the RC church and the true god-fearing wing of FF from primacy, what next will the traitors to Eire come for? The GAA?
It's hard to take seriously the views of someone who uses childish derogatory nick-names and ascribes imaginary attitudes to someone they clearly don't know.

the secretary

I don't think he's important at all... But I think he does, and I think he'll try his best to gather support within the party.. afterall in his head, FF is his birth right, and in his blood... So if it leads to another internal division within FF then I'd be delighted.
But he must be sooo special if you are sooo delighted.
His birth right is no different from our last Taoiseach's or current Tanaiste's political nepotism.

Marcos the black

But he must be sooo special if you are sooo delighted.
His birth right is no different from our last Taoiseach's or current Tanaiste's political nepotism.
What part of this are you finding difficult? Here's a senior member of FF and this will cause inner strive. People are already saying that Martin is weak, they actually joked about this on the news.. that's why it's great to see.

Sync

I hope he pushes forward with his knockoff FF party in the North, just like Todd did with Disneyland in Bojack.

hiding behind a poster

Only if he expels or at least suspends O'Cuiv - Just booting him off the shadow bench will be seen as weakness, especially as it was one of the least important posts?
The post isn't that important. The front bench make the decisions that matter, he's out of that inner circle now.

Jack O Neill

You've obviously never been to a Fianna Fáil Árd Fheis.

There's a reason they were always held at the RDS, ya know.
If one was to listen to the blueshirts here one could easily forget they are nothing but Meholes plaything