• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Eamon O'Cuiv outs RTE Drivetime payments

Number2

RTE Drivetime contributors' payments have been outed by Eamon O'Cuiv on Newstalk tonight.

According to Eamon:
Olivia O'Leary €342 per contribution.
Joe O'Connor €550 per contribution.

Is the cost of these soapboxes too much for license fee payers to stomach?

Lonewolfe

Everything about this story makes me wanna puke:

RTE's pay and O'Cuiv pontificating!

Aristodemus

Nothing surprises me about RTE. Just shows how much Mary O'rourke is making since "retiring"

pinemartin

Olivia is getting short changed. Joe has a voice like a drone.

Astral Peaks

Frankly, Olivia is worth every penny, IMHO.

Sinead's bro, not so much...

O'Leary is a fine journalist, who has walked the hard yards at the Nationalist when being a woman in the media wan't the thing it is today.

More of her, I say!!

ruserious

If I ever have a Minister say to my face there is no money for hospitals, God help em.

flavirostris

FF scraping the barrel here trying to work up a bit of populist outrage. Just one word for Eamon: JOD.

Thats what he spent on one limo ride between terminals at Heathrow,

Mushroom

If I ever have a Minister say to my face there is no money for hospitals, God help em.
I hadn't realised that part of the RTE licence fee goes to funding hospitals, Silly me. :(

Catalpast

TBH I can't stand Ollie

She is though entitled to be paid for every contribution she makes

But if true then that's OTT!:shock:

IMO

Number2

Eamon is still on about it...he wants to know why Dublin-based liberals are being selected by RTE.

carlovian

Compared to finucane, oleary is a bargain.

Ocuiv playing the d4card plays nicely back in Galway.

Colin M

Eamon is still on about it...he wants to know why Dublin-based liberals are being selected by RTE.
He has a point there. Can't remember ever hearing a person on that slot, who could be described as a conservative. Correct me if wrong.

Astral Peaks

Does the entire licence fee cover RTÉ?
Yes, but it doesn't comprise the total of their budget.

They sell ads, you know.

(PS Some fee revenue goes to TG4, RnaG, Lyric, etc....)

ShankillFalls

Nothing surprises me about RTE. Just shows how much Mary O'rourke is making since "retiring"
How does it show how much MOR is making? She did stand in work for VB on TV3 which would have been paid.......

THe pieces by Olivia O'Leary and Joe O'Connor are commissioned by RTE and have to be prepared and written in advance - they just don't turn up and start talking. I don't think the fees are particularly high but I would wonder why Joe is getting more per piece. He may well have made the deal through an agent whereas Olivia would have probably dealt direct.

Bud Light

Did RTE invite contributors. Seems a few contributors are hand picked that will echo the Montrose view. Have heard Alison O Connor on a few times spouting stuff that has as much validity as that of a taxi driver. She probably picks up a few hundred euro per pop for this. Can't expect much criticism of RTE from these contributors.

44percent

Did RTE invite contributors. Seems a few contributors are hand picked that will echo the Montrose view. Have heard Alison O Connor on a few times spouting stuff that has as much validity as that of a taxi driver. She probably picks up a few hundred euro per pop for this. Can't expect much criticism of RTE from these contributors.
I'm here already. Did someone mention taxis?

budwards dad

How does it show how much MOR is making? She did stand in work for VB on TV3 which would have been paid.......

THe pieces by Olivia O'Leary and Joe O'Connor are commissioned by RTE and have to be prepared and written in advance - they just don't turn up and start talking. I don't think the fees are particularly high but I would wonder why Joe is getting more per piece. He may well have made the deal through an agent whereas Olivia would have probably dealt direct.
Spoz they got three 'quotes' and Olivia has appeared to put in the best waffle price

ruserious

Yes, but it doesn't comprise the total of their budget.

They sell ads, you know.

(PS Some fee revenue goes to TG4, RnaG, Lyric, etc....)

Fair enough but the burden on the public in these times could be lighter if the presenters were paid less.

hiding behind a poster

Last time I looked, there was billions for hospitals.