• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Eamon on the Conference Circuit!

Newffowner

Tell me about it, I've being trying to get him to answer some correspondence for years now.

It would appear there is one law for Eamo and one for the minnows under his departments customer charter.

Or maybe he's trying to stay away from his colleagues because I have their head wrecked about the low standards he's enforcing on his political appointees.

Try asking any of the Greens about corruption in the CER and see what answer you get

Watcher2

Politicians should have serious curbs put on the number of public appearances/speech dates as possible. They will show up at the opening of an envelope to say a few words.

No wonder they are so "busy".

ONQ

Ryan certainly talks the talk.

I've heard him speak at Plan Expo last year in the RDS and he speaks to the motion, he hardly ever mentions or puts down other parties, just talks about the task at hand.
I have to say I was impressed - and I don't impress that easily - more by what he didn't say than by what he did say.

And nope I'm not a member of any political party.
They all suck and the independents are a shower of mé féiners.

ONQ.

athlonedub

Heard him Monday night talking about his plans for a Public Forum on the digital economy. He knows what he is talking about and wasn't afraid to list the things he didn't know or wasn't sure about which is unusual......

dse123

Nothing wrong with getting out there and speaking, unlike other portfolios he's getting his aims across.

cricket

I'd prefer to have him out somwhere yapping and staying away from corridors of power before he does any more damage.

Panopticon

Nothing wrong with getting out there and speaking, unlike other portfolios he's getting his aims across.
Agreed. Our politicians should be advocates for their points of view.

You will never hear someone from the big two talking about what they actually believe, because it's normally nothing.

carlowman

Are you lads having a laugh.... "advocates for their points of view." Try getting broadband outside the Pale, or trying to get his precious alternatively generated energy connected to the national grid.

The man lives in a dream world ...but to be honest I'd rather him out and about at conferences advocating his nonsense world vision than in his office doing harm. Get the bets in lads ... history ... and the only job he'll be getting is back flogging bicycles from the Ma's shed:

Green Party Seats - Irish Government Betting Odds - Paddy Power

carlowman

Actually having heard the mindlessly regurgitated FF tripe he was spouting last night on Prime Time... I'd rather he just stick to the conference circuit

Panopticon

Are you lads having a laugh.... "advocates for their points of view." Try getting broadband outside the Pale, or trying to get his precious alternatively generated energy connected to the national grid.

The man lives in a dream world ...but to be honest I'd rather him out and about at conferences advocating his nonsense world vision than in his office doing harm. Get the bets in lads ... history ... and the only job he'll be getting is back flogging bicycles from the Ma's shed:

Green Party Seats - Irish Government Betting Odds - Paddy Power
If you want broadband, maybe live somewhere that lots of people live so it's viable? Like Cork. I think your problem is actually that you want the government to pay for someone to connect you to broadband at no cost to yourself, which is selfish but typical of Irish, especially rural Irish, attitudes to public service provision. P.S. Carlow is in the Pale.

carlowman

You should join Eamo on the conference circuit.. Maybe you could speak on your version of Irish history you muppet. The Pale

Rural

If you want broadband, maybe live somewhere that lots of people live so it's viable? Like Cork. I think your problem is actually that you want the government to pay for someone to connect you to broadband at no cost to yourself, which is selfish but typical of Irish, especially rural Irish, attitudes to public service provision. P.S. Carlow is in the Pale.
Outside the Pale!!???

We're a small country, we're not darkest Peru, why cannot everyone have broadband? (at the same price as everyone else, even those inside the Pale).

Look, this urban/rural/public/private service arguments are makeyupey nonsense. In a modern society like ours, every primary & post primary school should have broadband & if you want everyone to live within the pale then we would have a very congested city - oh! yeh, we do.

tui

Yeah, I had the bad luck to be stuck in a room listening to this yesterday... same auld horsesh*te, different day....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRWXGWkHAag&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Smart Cities Conference[/ame]

They should just send a clerical assistant with a tape recording, it would be a lot cheaper on the taxpayer!!

cedarwood10

Get the lad from Nob Nation to have a scan for new material... no, don't, on second thoughts, don't give Eamon any more coverage!

That clip was enough to put me off my cornflakes this morning!

cedarwood10

Have a listen to Eamo on Morning Ireland - or rather the "edited" version according to the GP website.