• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

wombat

Yeah. I can see some of them finding a home there.. but I can't see any going to either FG or FF.
I'd forgotten about them, probably a better bet than FF.

wombat

Regarding the SDs, its likely some of them are interested in being in govt and they'll soon realise that their leaders are basically mé féiners, happy to be a TD but no further ambition - a bit like the quota squatters they used to get in the bigger parties. Its just as likely that there will be a trade off of TDs between both parties.

james toney

Very few seem bothered in the GP hierarchy by the damaged caused to the party, and loss of members.
More than one of them are asleep on the job...but hey..it's the power and salaries that really matter at the moment.

jmcc

Most of the Greens voters are floating voters like myself. I never ever vote for Labour as I can't see some greens rats jumping ship for Labour right now cos of AK47. Only alternative is to set up a new party that is more or more authentic Greens rather than 'fake' greens which is right wing headed by Ryan.
They've already done it:

They seem rather clueless on branding and coming up with a good name for the party.

SD hatred for all things connected with FG is down to maltese exiler as c Murphy have raised umpteen times re him in the Dail.
She deserves a lot of credit for that.

RasherHash

Sufficient for now, and probably better in the medium term that he stays. He has built the party post annihilation, and is less likely to be petulant.

Now, had Martin got it, she'd bail at the budget or have to educate her grassroots that they'd achieve nothing out of govt and face oblivion in a GE.

Time for "FG on bikes" to also copy the need to stay the course.
No sign of the 'great and good' giving way due to 'white privilege' or the patriarchy.

The little women can get back in the kitchen and know their place.

Gin Soaked

No sign of the 'great and good' giving way due to 'white privilege' or the patriarchy.

The little women can get back in the kitchen and know their place.
Or maybe the (narrow) balance of membership felt that ER was better at present / loyalty & recognition of his rebuilding of the party.

Sometimes the white middle aged bloke is there because he earned it?

RasherHash

Or maybe the (narrow) balance of membership felt that ER was better at present / loyalty & recognition of his rebuilding of the party.

No, that's not how 'white privilege' works.
Whitey can't earn anything, he needs to step down and let POC take over.
Same for women; women may not want the top jobs when it comes to it, but woke culture says 'she's gonna take it anyway, no matter what the consequences'.

borntorum

I don't find ER particularly impressive. However it would have been very weird for the Greens to dump him after he essentially rescued the party and led them to their best result ever.

Rocky

I don't find ER particularly impressive. However it would have been very weird for the Greens to dump him after he essentially rescued the party and led them to their best result ever.
I don't either, but I can't say I found Catherine Martin to be particularly impressive either.

Surprised how close the result was. I thought there would have been a fairly clear divide between people who back going into government and supported Ryan and people who opposed going into government and back Martin, but clearly that wasn't the case.

It isn't a great sign for the Greens and it's interesting that the Greens are already coming under pressure from the more extreme flank of the party despite the fact that the Greens or the Government have done nothing to annoy them yet. To be honest even if the Greens were in government with a majority on their own, I don't think their actions would make Saoirse, Lorna etc. happy.

Cailleach

Not in this instance - he's a despicable limp f****** lettuce.

Gin Soaked

Exactly. So his scraping over the line points to the grass roots not being happy with him. At all. Or with the coalition. Should have been a landslide.

He was within inches of being the second victim of the coalition .

Gin Soaked

Not in this instance - he's a despicable limp f****** lettuce.
True, and he was roundly mudflapped last time with Bertie.

Think there is a consensus here, and Rocky's post nails it.

One half of the greens are "FG on bikes" the other half are "PBP on bikes"..

Catapulta

Only 48....in by the skin of his teeth.
Wow!

He wont' last long at this rate!

It's obvious that the Greens will split into two branches

- pro Leave and pro Stay.

I see Saoirse MC Hugh has swung from the tree already

- others are sure to follow....
Saoirse McHugh quits Greens saying party is 'toxic'

jmcc

Wow!

He wont' last long at this rate!

It's obvious that the Greens will split into two branches

- pro Leave and pro Stay.
Perhaps the new Greens are more like watermelon Labourites who seemed to think that the Green Party was the next big thing? The older Greens aren't quite like that and some do believe in a kind of Green philosophy.

I see Saoirse MC Hugh has swung from the tree already
She did seem to be promoted in the Dublin media as a kind of Greta character for the clueless commentariat.

toughbutfair

I like Hazel Smyth. She is very pretty and this would attract cameras and raise the GP profile. She also raised the issue of saying a prayer before their council meetings in mulling around so as well as being very attractive she’s strong willed. May also attract more girls to vote for the greens as , let’s be honest, Harney and Burton weren’t exactly images to aspire to.

Dame_Enda

Eamon Ryan will be allowed up to 8 Special Advisors earning up to €100,000 per annum. Will this alienate the grassroots, or whet their appetite.

Expose the lot of them

I like Hazel Smyth. She is very pretty and this would attract cameras and raise the GP profile. She also raised the issue of saying a prayer before their council meetings in mulling around so as well as being very attractive she’s strong willed. May also attract more girls to vote for the greens as , let’s be honest, Harney and Burton weren’t exactly images to aspire to.
Do You mean Hazel Chu? The lird mayor who does not know what social housing is?

Hazel Chu, Chair of the Green Party and a prominent Dublin city councilor, took to Twitter to explain her decision to sell off O’Devaney Gardens to a private developer, but in the process revealed that she did not understand this privatized development would now be privately owned! She further revealed that she did not understand the difference between “social housing” and publicly owned housing — something she continues to fail to understand, despite it underpinning her party’s housing policy.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom