• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

Astral Peaks

What, by voting Green even less than not at all?
Sorry, I was just pointing out the fallacy at the heart of his point. That sometimes there are so many that they do decide your future politically.

ruamruam

Disastrous decision by the Greens. If they want to recover they need to purge themselves of Ryan, Gormely, White, O Broilchain etc. They cannot be trusted.

As long as anyone associated with the last government is in a position of power in the Greens I will not vote for them.

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
Sorry, I was just pointing out the fallacy at the heart of his point. That sometimes there are so many that they do decide your future politically.
No, his point is exactly right. It refers to the people that hate you all along.
You don't have to worry about such people.

laidback

Anyone any idea of the voter turnout and who was second and third. Was it a runaway win for Ryan or close.

of course the Green support openess and transparency and all that sort of thing and will release the figures.........

drummed

No, his point is exactly right. It refers to the people that hate you all along.
You don't have to worry about such people.
Trouble is apart from a few dozen beardie sandal fans nobody cares anymore.
Your 15 minutes have expired, move along now please.

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
Disastrous decision by the Greens. If they want to recover they need to purge themselves of Ryan, Gormely, White, O Broilchain etc. They cannot be trusted.

As long as anyone associated with the last government is in a position of power in the Greens I will not vote for them.
Ryan wasn't my choice, but I'm willing to work with him.

Swings and roundabouts. You have a valid point, but weigh against it his expertise and experience. And his vote was kind of respectable, even though the election was held on national green-kicking day.

drummed

Anyone any idea of the voter turnout and who was second and third. Was it a runaway win for Ryan or close.

of course the Green support openess and transparency and all that sort of thing and will release the figures.........
Ryan 1
Mad beardie guy 0
Some other guy Yawnnnnnnnnn.
Turnout 100%

Nordie Northsider

I’m just stunned that he managed to beat a political giant like Phil Kearney – proud recipient of 683 first preference votes in Dublin Central at the General Election. Truly, the Greens are a party of big beasts.

Panopticon

No, they aren't people who hate FF because it's FF, the way that critics of the Greens here do. No fallacy at all.

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
Yes I love it when people take the time to log in to the Green Party threads just to say they don't care.
I'd like it if I was a car salesman and people were queuing up to poke around at the stock in the lot and say how rubbish it all was.

controller

A sort of sideline question;
Who has the biggest rebuilding job
1. Eamon Ryan
2. Micheál Martin

My guess.........Micheál Martin

G

Gimpanzee

Hmmm, not sure if he's the right man for the job, but I wish him luck. We could do with a wiser pre-2007 GP.

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
A sort of sideline question;
Who has the biggest rebuilding job
1. Eamon Ryan
2. Micheál Martin

My guess.........Micheál Martin
I think you have a point.
Come the local elections 2014:

Greens win 10 seats - success.
Fianna Fail win 150 seats - failure.

Argentarius

I'm not a green so don't oppose electing Ryan (Though I hate him) as leader and I think it's a smart move. Eamon ryan has the best chance of the greens standing for leader of being elected in the future.

The problem for the greens isn't neccessarily getting first preferences back, it's about transfers. The Greens (like the PDs) went from transfer friendly to transfer toxic in 1 election. To get transfers they need trust from the voters and not to be associated with FF and Eamon Ryan isn't the person to earn them trust.

He makes the Greens seem far more serious than they would with Kearney or Noonan.

Also interesting to see if they can get decent candidates to run next time.

Hewson

Nope, FF got kicked out of government because people who used to vote for them stopped.

But most of the people whining about the Greens on this thread never voted Green and never would.
I voted for them in '07. Their affair with FF resulted in a socially embarrassing disease.

I'll be keeping my distance for a while. Contagion, and all that . . .

sinsin

Great result.
That is the Greens out of the way for the next ten years.

Socratus O' Pericles

That'll be the end of them then. One of The great spoofers. Seemed to have grasp on things but actually was an arch spoofer behind the veneer. Did no good as Minister for Energy things are as bad now as they were when he came into office.

I strongly disapprove of windmills and would hate to live near one or have to look at ne.

But if one had to be there you would at least expect that the shagging thing could be connected to the grid. The difficulty of gaining access to the grid and the continuing superior position of the ESB in how smaller producers are treated is typical of the Greens in power and lets face it he was their Mr. Energy-bye bye greens.

controller

Would they not have been better off getting someone completely new in that has no association with the cabinet that sat with FF? I think it is a poor political decision. I say that as someone who always voted Green when I had the chance, except at the last election.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom