Eamonn Dunphy on Newstalk

gijoe

Listen in. Jim Power is at the point of giving Conor Lenihan a slap. Getting very hot and heavy.

seangos

What an odious cretin he really is. Country is banjaxed, everyone outside Dail Eireann is genuinely petrified by this prospective deal and Lenihan thinks it appropriate to plod on, bluffing, throwing cheap shots, having a laugh. My fervent wish is that Lenihan and his colleagues get what's coming to them

gijoe

Basically, Jim Power was giving some facts and figures like that we will be paying €10billion+ interest on a €200billion national interest when it is forecast that we will have just a €36billion tax base, leaving us with €26billion to run the country when we are currently spending €50billion. And Conor Lenihan interrupted throwing personal jibes and insults at Jim Power. Power turned very angry and just roared at him to shut up........

Last edited:

Northtipp

We know what Lenihan is. But is it just me or is Varadkar starting to sound a bit like Brian Lenihan?

Rural

Any fella who talks & sounds like his Auntie Mary, is a very sad man.

Dub guy

pity I missed it... was listening to Marian on RTE instead. I thought Des Bishop was very impressive in articulating why he went on the march yesterday. He should run in the up-coming election.. he has more common sense & intelligence than most of the wasters in FF put together!!

goosebump

pity I missed it... was listening to Marian on RTE instead. I thought Des Bishop was very impressive in articulating why he went on the march yesterday. He should run in the up-coming election.. he has more common sense & intelligence than most of the wasters in FF put together!!
Except that he won't.

Nor will anyone else who was at the march.

Much easier to go on the radio and vent your spleen to some fawning radio presenter.

Tea Party Patriot

Basically, Jim Power was giving some facts and figures like that we will be paying €10billion+ interest on a €200billion national interest when it is forecast that we will have just a €36billion tax base, leaving us with €26billion to run the country when we are currently spending €50billion. And Conor Lenihan interrupted throwing personal jibes and insults at Jim Power. Power turned very angry and just roared at him to shut up........
Jim Power is telling the truth, basically the interest on the €85 billion is going to wipe out the benifit of the cuts the government are making right now in the upcoming budget. We are making the cuts to pay the IMF under the pretence of closing our deficite, which is actually going to grow large as a result of IMF intervention.

dent

Any fella who talks & sounds like his Auntie Mary, is a very sad man.
He's a nasty, racist bitter little shi'ite, and I look forward to him losing his dail seat.

Rural

He's a nasty, racist bitter little shi'ite, and I look forward to him losing his dail seat.
I look forward to it very much. This DYNASTY politicians thing, gets me down.

dent

Except that he won't.

Nor will anyone else who was at the march.

Much easier to go on the radio and vent your spleen to some fawning radio presenter.
Nothing wrong with that, we also need people to articulate the anger that the public feel.

dalywise

Noonan just made a good point on Sam Smyth's programme. The 4 year plan actually provides for an increase in the welfare budget in 2011. So the budget will impose minimal cuts in welfare. But from 2012, the plan imposes cuts on welfare. So FF is backloading the pain on welfare for the new government to do the dirty work.

Fianna Fail - a greater batch of traitors it's difficult to imagine.

goosebump

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies