Eating ice cream because he deemed it to be a homosexual act........by laddish buffon.

Socratus O' Pericles

Laddish buffon and best friend of a well known hibernophobe, Richard Hammond has come out ewith what is a new one on me:

Richard Hammond silent on criticism after saying eating ice cream is "gay"

It’s alright, I don’t eat ice cream. It’s got something to do with being straight.
[Audience laughs]
Clarkson and May look bemused at his answer, with Clarkson asking:
Are you saying everyone who likes ice cream… you’re saying all children are [mutters] homosexual?
[More audience laughing]
Hammond counters:
There’s nothing wrong with it, but a grown man eating an ice cream, you know, it’s a bit… it’s that way rather than that way.
[Makes gestures with hands]

A spokesman for LGBT equality charity Stonewall told The Guardian that Hammond’s choice of words was “chosen purposefully to mock and belittle”.
Being in love with Jeremy Clarkson ‘much gayer than eating ice cream’, Richard Hammond told

James May says Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond are not his friends | Metro News

My personal opinion is that Hammond is an arsehole. That doesn't excuse his homophobia however.

Gin Soaked

How is Hammond a "hiberniaphobe" ?

The scripting of Hammond in the Grand Tour is appalling. They are trying too hard. Everywhere in the show.

The Ice cream comment was toe curling. He is the least endearing of the three buffons.

silverharp

somebody said something.....wow!

Happycamping

Was debating starting a thread on this and then thought, is this really a big deal? Would be interested to hear any gay posters views on this. I could be way off but seems like a storm in a tea-cup to me?

blokesbloke

I watched the clip after seeing the usual storm of outrage about it on Twitter followed by the usual backlash storm of outrage about the storm of outrage.

My personal opinion is that what he said was spectacularly unfunny and frankly weird, and as a joke it failed. I also think he made himself look like a tit (not hard) and someone who is insecure about his masculinity (not saying he's secretly gay, just obviously insecure that people might doubt his masculinity).

However whilst what he said was technically homophobic, it was simply a poor attempt at a joke which didn't work.

I didn't find it offensive and I think the reaction to it was over the top.

It was also probably done as a publicity stunt to attract attention to a show which has cost Amazon a fortune and is not as easily accessible as just turning on the TV, and the more people get outraged about it, the better the show will do, defeating the point of the outrage.

The best thing to do with unfunny, technically homophobic but really just stupid publicity stunts is to ignore them.

Zapped(CAPITALISMROTS)

Twitter
daxxdrake
Ever since that unfortunate accident, Richard has a get out of jail free card.Its the bang on the head that did it!:shock:
p.s Rots is taking 2017 as the " year of living cynically" :rolleyes:

cricket

What's wrong with me, I don't know who any of the people mentioned here are ?

Catalpast

I watched the clip after seeing the usual storm of outrage about it on Twitter followed by the usual backlash storm of outrage about the storm of outrage.

My personal opinion is that what he said was spectacularly unfunny and frankly weird, and as a joke it failed. I also think he made himself look like a tit (not hard) and someone who is insecure about his masculinity (not saying he's secretly gay, just obviously insecure that people might doubt his masculinity).

However whilst what he said was technically homophobic, it was simply a poor attempt at a joke which didn't work.

I didn't find it offensive and I think the reaction to it was over the top.

It was also probably done as a publicity stunt to attract attention to a show which has cost Amazon a fortune and is not as easily accessible as just turning on the TV, and the more people get outraged about it, the better the show will do, defeating the point of the outrage.

The best thing to do with unfunny, technically homophobic but really just stupid publicity stunts is to ignore them.
BB - if you ever make it to the Emerald Isle we have some great ice creams over here you cant get in TKOGB

Lick you way through that 1!!!:cool:

Signed: Secret ice cream licker...:oops:

Socratus O' Pericles

How is Hammond a "hiberniaphobe" ?

The scripting of Hammond in the Grand Tour is appalling. They are trying too hard. Everywhere in the show.

The Ice cream comment was toe curling. He is the least endearing of the three buffons.
"friend of".

amist4

Marketing 1
Snowflakes 0

Clanrickard

Laddish buffon and best friend of a well known hibernophobe, Richard Hammond has come out ewith what is a new one on me:

Richard Hammond silent on criticism after saying eating ice cream is "gay"

Being in love with Jeremy Clarkson ‘much gayer than eating ice cream’, Richard Hammond told

James May says Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond are not his friends | Metro News

My personal opinion is that Hammond is an arsehole. That doesn't excuse his homophobia however.
Big deal. Man cracks stupid joke.....................cue outrage.

New Threads

Most Replies