Eating pancakes today? How do you like them?

Casablanca

Pancakes are the work of the Devil and a moderate to severe occasion of sin.

I urge all God-fearing people to avoid them, particularly if seen in the company of rhubarb.

Yours, prayerfully, Benedict

between the bridges

Casablanca

Having clearly laid out the good-living catholics position on pancakes, I am of course not including the entirely orthodox Quesadilla which is a wonderful foodstuff and in no way related in any shape or form to the sinful pancake.
When filled with pesto, spinach and cheese, this a wholesome, frugal and morally upright foodstuff

statsman

Having clearly laid out the good-living catholics position on pancakes, I am of course not including the entirely orthodox Quesadilla which is a wonderful foodstuff and in no way related in any shape or form to the sinful pancake.
When filled with pesto, spinach and cheese, this a wholesome, frugal and morally upright foodstuff
'Twas far from pesto ye were reared.

Deadlock

Well, it's Pancake Tuesday and I get to eat one of my favourite treats. I'm a traditionalist, favouring lemon juice and caster sugar, but I won't say no to some fresh fruit and a scoop of ice cream. So, how do you eat yours?

https://www.bordbia.ie/consumer/recipes/eggs/pages/basicpancakes.aspx
Like yourself - lemon and caster sugar - as a desert.

(But when its a galette (a buckwheat savoury pancake) its a toss up between crispy rasher lardons and cheddar or smoked salmon, freshly cracked black pepper and emmental. )

Oh, they're beautiful and now I have the wants bad.

Deadlock

I was salivating like Pavlovs dog until you said spinach. You Sir have killed quesadillas for me. Shame on you.

Casablanca

I was salivating like Pavlovs dog until you said spinach. You Sir have killed quesadillas for me. Shame on you.
Spinach is good for you and tasty as well. Look at all the famous spinach eaters, Popeye, Hitler....

Deadlock

Spinach is good for you and tasty as well. Look at all the famous spinach eaters, Popeye, Hitler....
Au contraire mon ami.

It is Satans own chewing tobacco, harvested directly from the armpits of botany, and a plague on humanity.

statsman

Like yourself - lemon and caster sugar - as a desert.

(But when its a galette (a buckwheat savoury pancake) its a toss up between crispy rasher lardons and cheddar or smoked salmon, freshly cracked black pepper and emmental. )

Oh, they're beautiful and now I have the wants bad.
Pesto! Lardons! Furriners are ruining the digestion of a once-great Gaelic Ireland.

Casablanca

Au contraire mon ami.

It is Satans own chewing tobacco, harvested directly from the armpits of botany, and a plague on humanity.
I fear the famous Fermanagh eyesight has failed you, mon ami tangerine. Thou mistake the glorious spinach for the rhubarb.

statsman

I fear the famous Fermanagh eyesight has failed you, mon ami tangerine. Thou mistake the glorious spinach for the rhubarb.
Rhubarb pancakes, with a nice custard. Mmm.

Casablanca

Of course in the old days, in Casablanca Hall, we had our own Shrove Tuesday tradition. Uncle Fred (yes, him that duelled with Sean T O'Kelly over the the incorrect use of a fada) would bring down the servants and cover them in a mixture of four, egg, milk and lemon juice. And then they'd dance a merry jape to the sound of Delia Murphy's Spinning Wheel.

Bring a tear to the eye of a statue, the memories.....

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies