• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

ECB states that Opposition Parties here must ask them 1st about any Bills they put to the Dáil

Catalpast

ECB states that Opposition Parties here must ask them 1st about any Bills they put to the Dáil

This is not an April Fool folks (its Sunday 3 July on my calendar anyway)

- but the European Central Bank is now insisting that any opposition Party here that put monetary proposals before the Dáil

- must clear it with them first!

The article is on page two of Saturday's Irish Times

Its not on their website but I have found a Facebook link:

https://www.facebook.com/irishtimes/posts/10153792491411158

Apparently we face 'potentially very serious consequences'

for failure to comply...:?:?

F.cuk em I say!:evil:

Are our politicians such a bunch of pussies that they will allow the ECB in effect Gag them?

- ok probably

- but we shall see...

Irexit anyone?:D

- bring it on I say

- because we are only going to see more outside control not less now that the UK is getting the hell out....

Clanrickard

This is not an April Fool folks (its Sunday 3 July on my calendar anyway)

- but the European Central Bank is now insisting that any opposition Party here that put monetary proposals before the Dáil

- must clear it with them first!

The article is on page two of Saturday's Irish Times

Its not on their website but I have found a Facebook link:

https://www.facebook.com/irishtimes/posts/10153792491411158

Apparently we face 'potentially very serious consequences'

for failure to comply...:?:?

F.cuk em I say!:evil:

Are our politicians such a bunch of pussies that they will allow the ECB in effect Gag them?

- ok probably

- but we shall see...

Irexit anyone?:D

- bring it on I say

- because we are only going to see more outside control not less now that the UK is getting the hell out....
If people weren't eurosceptic now they should be after this. This micro management of a countries finances that goes way beyond what even the Federal government or Federal reserve have in the US.:mad:

ger12

Didn't we vote Yes to the Fiscal Treaty? This is about money? Making sure we stay within the limits of that Treaty?

runwiththewind

So the West Brits are aligning with the Brixexiters. It's not really a surprise, is it? It's been going on in FG/FF for the last couple of days.

So far we've had Brian Hayes, Regina Doherty and Dara Callery spouting about red line issues like "we're out the door, "won't see us for dust" "need to think about our position" .

There're about 8 years to late with their stance.

Expect a load of academics, politicians, newspapers and RTE to start seeping this point of view into the public consciousness.

Snakes the lot of them.

As for the ECB, it's a feking bank, it has no political authority over us.

RasherHash

Didn't we vote Yes to the Fiscal Treaty? This is about money? Making sure we stay within the limits of that Treaty?
We voted NO, but the establishment vetoed this.

Catalpast

Yes this is a bombshell IMO

- TDs should be up in arms over this

This is not about the Government having to tick boxes with Frankfurt

- its about our elected representatives having to ask them first

- before they can open their mouths in Dáil Éireann!

In the centenary of 1916 Easter Rising

IRISHMEN AND IRISHWOMEN: In the name of God and of the dead generations from which she receives her old tradition of nationhood, Ireland, through us, summons her children to her flag and strikes for her freedom

- we find ourselves no longer free...:?

Catalpast

We did that is true

- I voted NO BTW

- but those limitations apply to Governments keeping things within limits

- though I doubt it will ever be enforced on the bigger Beasts like France, Italy or indeed Germany

However the point here is that this latest Diktat from Europe

- is in effect a gagging order on our TDs

- who we elected to represent our interests

Extra

Anyone who mentions Eirexit from here on in is going to be lambasted as a racist by main stream media. Already people are afraid at what the EU is attempting to do. This is only the beginning as you are no longer free.

GDPR

No, the treaty is about overall limits, the detail of how any country stays within those overall limits is none of the ECB's business, particularly at proposal stage.

This example of the German EU mind set, that a) there is actually a United States of Europe and b) They are in sole control of it, will be the cause of the EU falling apart if indeed that does happen.

And further as there is no ivory tower high enough that even they, in their arrogance, cannot be aware of this, you would have to wonder if the decision by the original six that the EU as it currently stands cannot be sustained has already been made.

ger12

We did that is true

- I voted NO BTW

- but those limitations apply to Governments keeping things within limits

- though I doubt it will ever be enforced on the bigger Beasts like France, Italy or indeed Germany

However the point here is that this latest Diktat from Europe

- is in effect a gagging order on our TDs

- who we elected to represent our interests
No, it's not a gagging order, at all.

Do you respect that Yes vote by the People in that Fiscal Treaty?

Paddy Sarkozy

Anyone who mentions Eirexit from here on in is going to be lambasted as a racist by main stream media. Already people are afraid at what the EU is attempting to do. This is only the beginning as you are no longer free.
Freedom is overrated. Please from now on could everyone write Eure instead of Eire.

sic transit

Given the government hasn't a hope of blocking any bright and brilliant ideas dreamed up by a large chunk of the Dail, no harm drawing attention to possible downsides of some legislation. As for being Eurosceptic, mutterings aside, we are pragmatic enough to understand what side our bread is buttered on. Apart from the usual naysayers about everything Brexit has focused minds and there is absolutely no support for an exit.

gleeful

So the ECB have to get a cc on the email. They have the power to have an opinion - not a veto.

ger12

sic transit

More likely to be greeted with pictures of tin foil hats. No support anywhere for it.

benroe

So how do we go about triggering a referendum?

ger12

No, the treaty is about overall limits, the detail of how any country stays within those overall limits is none of the ECB's business, particularly at proposal stage.

This example of the German EU mind set, that a) there is actually a United States of Europe and b) They are in sole control of it, will be the cause of the EU falling apart if indeed that does happen.

And further as there is no ivory tower high enough that even they, in their arrogance, cannot be aware of this, you would have to wonder if the decision by the original six that the EU as it currently stands cannot be sustained has already been made.
Seeing as we have politicians ignoring and rejecting the opinion of the Irish Fiscal Advisory Council, it's not surprising that the ECB would also like to give their opinion.

I certainly welcome it. Remind me again Tonic, your crowd (FF) were in power for how many years when the IMF were invited to Dublin?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies