economic vindication of Sinn Féin peace strategy

factual

http://www.rte.ie/business/2007/0606/nijobs.html

400 high quality private setor IT service jobs were created today in an £18m investment by Fujitsu Services - in Derry and Belfast.

The company will establish a managed IT services centre for Fujitsu's European customer base at Timber Quay in Derry, creating 328 new jobs. A further 74 jobs are to be created at the company's existing facilities in Belfast.

Excellent news for the people of Derry and a great vindication of the peace strategy of Sinn Féin.

ergo

Factual

Give the credit to a great Derry man, John Hume who with other persuaded Gerry Adams that violence would not obtain political progress - pity IRA;/SF did not realise that much earlier

Cael

Factual, you really are something else. Do you not realise that these desperate attampts to vindicate Gerry & Co's failed excuse for a "strategy" just bring more ridicule on yourselves. I notice you still did not answer me when I asked you if you will turn Crown informer as Constable Adams asked you to do.

morryah

These jobs are in the UK right? So Sinn Fein is helping the UK economy?

nicely played SF/IRA/MI5.

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
I think factual is quite right:

Since the "republican" movement stopped murdering people, things have got better in Northern Ireland.

It's just a pity they didn't stop a lot sooner.

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
meriwether said:
This is delusion of the highest order.
Possibly delusional Meri.. but if the economy here goes on a major slide, while the economy in the 6 takes off over the next five years, then going into any future election, SF will be able to point northwards to the fact that they didn't impose some kind of Communist Marxist regime, and the "economic scare" that cost us in the last election will be harder for the larger parties to pull a second time.

Long way to go yet though

factual

rockofcashel said:
meriwether said:
Possibly delusional Meri.. but if the economy here goes on a major slide, while the economy in the 6 takes off over the next five years, then going into any future election, SF will be able to point northwards to the fact that they didn't impose some kind of Communist Marxist regime, and the "economic scare" that cost us in the last election will be harder for the larger parties to pull a second time.

Also, the growth of the private sector is much needed in the six counties, not just in terms of giving people there a better life, but also making the option of Irish unity less costly for all of us north and south, i.e. its a win win win.

Bogwarrior

Who is the M.P for the area anyway , Factual?

doheochai

rockofcashel said:
meriwether said:
So roc - you accept the ditching of the (limited) progressive economic policies on behalf of SF during the election campaign, like increaseing Corporation tax and CGT?

Second question - do you think that it was the 'economic scare' that cost SF votes or the fact that SF had the same economic policy as everyone else?

As regards the possibility of an economic slide - when it occurs on this side of the border it will be part and parcel of an economic down turn in Britain, Europe and the USA. Northern Ireland will not escape. What kind of a spin can you put on it then?

morryah

iceman said:
morryah said:

Prick.
Truth hurts. Like it nor not. Sinn Fein have achieved nothing. The Brits must be sniggering up their sleeves.

By the way, isn't another IRA robbery due? The election is over and process is there in the North. So the boat is stable and can take a rocking. Mark my words.

Oldira

QuizMaster said:
I think factual is quite right:

Since the "republican" movement stopped murdering people, things have got better in Northern Ireland.

It's just a pity they didn't stop a lot sooner.
What a nasty piece of work you are. Move on buddy! Its 2007.

Cookie68

factual said:
The company will establish a managed IT services centre for Fujitsu's European customer base at Timber Quay in Derry, creating 328 new jobs. A further 74 jobs are to be created at the company's existing facilities in Belfast.

Excellent news for the people of Derry and a great vindication of the peace strategy of Sinn Féin.
It is a vindication of the SF Peace Strategy. 20 years ago SF would have been trying to decide between burning these companies to the ground or bombing them to oblivion. So well done lads, keep it up.

Rich OC

Website
www.twitter.com
Good to hear this - and hopefully this will continue. I am also coming around to the view that us anti-SR'ers we do need to move on. I just realised that the ceasefire is now 10 years old. Now I know the arguments around criminality but this is a massive achievement. Credit where credit is due. And a peace dividend is not too difficult to argue.

Perhaps the debate needs to be on the issues rather than constantly using "murdering b*stards" argument that is the hallmark of many threads. I am a bit young to remember, bit I don't think SF the Workers Party were made to stand out in the cold this long.

Moving beyond shouting matches would appear to be a good way to further embed the peace in the North.

Just a thought.

Cael

rockofcashel said:
meriwether said:

You dont seem to realise that you will be working within the British constitution in the 06 (and before you say it, Britain does have a constitution, just not written) and you will be operating with English money, so there is no opportunity for you to do anything outside the liberal capitalist system of the UK. Also, it is highly unlikely that if the economy goes down in the 26, that there will be any economic expansion in the 06 - beyond more hand outs from London.

RyeSixSeven

Individual politicians and political parties like to claim credit for things. If they and they alone took a decision or an initiative, they would be entitled to.

But the dividends of the peace PROCESS in Northern Ireland, such as this job announcment, are just that - dividends of the process, not to the credit of any one person or party.

The credit for the process itself can be divided out among a group of individuals, yet again go to no ONE individual, and any credits earned must be offset against the credits lost for involvment in the "Troubles" that the Peace Process sought to eliminate.

Cael

morryah said:

Of course you could say that if PSF had anything whatsoever to do with these jobs - which they dont. England is trying to build up the economy in the 06, so that it will become a stable part of the UK and less of a drain on the English economy. PSF is trying to play their little part as good Crown Officials, God help them, in bringing the ungrateful natives on board.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies