economic vindication of Sinn Féin peace strategy

pogo

Website
stags.pl
This thread strikes me as a bit like my asking for everyone's congratulations for not having beaten my wife recently.

Of course, Sf's current strategy of not destroying NI's economy is an improvement on their previous strategy of destroying it.

But would that great SF icon Bobby Sands have approved? He was after all imprisoned for attempting to fire bomb an economic target, a furniture warehouse.

Perhaps Factual could explain why destroying other people's property and livelihoods was praiseworthy then, but not now.

iceman

pogo said:
This thread strikes me as a bit like my asking for everyone's congratulations for not having beaten my wife recently.

Of course, Sf's current strategy of not destroying NI's economy is an improvement on their previous strategy of destroying it.

But would that great SF icon Bobby Sands have approved? He was after all imprisoned for attempting to fire bomb an economic target, a furniture warehouse.

Perhaps Factual could explain why destroying other people's property and livelihoods was praiseworthy then, but not now.
Times where different then compaired to now and what happened in the past has made it better for the future. Pogo and others on here stop fishing factual you are well aware of these answers and you are all certainly not stupid i think.

Cael

iceman said:
I was going to post something but some of you aint worth it.
Not being worth having PSF drivel spewed on us would be a blissful state to be in. If only!

iceman

Cael said:
iceman said:
Not being worth having PSF drivel spewed on us would be a blissful state to be in. If only!
Cael you are part of the reason people do not like Republicans. I for one has respect for all Republicans but you are just a fool.

pogo

Website
stags.pl
iceman said:
pogo said:
Times where different then compaired to now and what happened in the past has made it better for the future. Pogo and others on here stop fishing factual you are well aware of these answers and you are all certainly not stupid i think.
I don't really think they were different.

In the GFA, in essence SF accepted what had been on the table some 20 years earlier, at Sunningdale.

The IRA were fighting for something that had already freely been offerred without duress in 1973, and SF's reluctant acceptance of powersharing within a partitionist state, renders the whole armed campaign 1973-97 retroactively nihilistic and futile.

Times have changed in the sense that present day SF, as opposed to the SF circa Bobby Sands, no longer unconditionally demand a United Ireland.

It is SF that has changed, and not the constitutional position of Northern Ireland within the United Kingdom.

newbie12

Good news about the jobs. Even better news to see that SFers are copping on to thge fact that private investment can help the economy and hence ordinary people. Perhaps if they extend this realism to their policies in the next election they'll do a little better.

scarface

factual said:
http://www.rte.ie/business/2007/0606/nijobs.html

400 high quality private setor IT service jobs were created today in an £18m investment by Fujitsu Services - in Derry and Belfast.

The company will establish a managed IT services centre for Fujitsu's European customer base at Timber Quay in Derry, creating 328 new jobs. A further 74 jobs are to be created at the company's existing facilities in Belfast.

Excellent news for the people of Derry and a great vindication of the peace strategy of Sinn Féin.
how will this help end partition? you people are helping the 6 county economy therefore solidifying partition

Cael

iceman said:
Cael said:
iceman said:
Cael you are part of the reason people do not like Republicans. I for one has respect for all Republicans but you are just a fool.
Some people dont like Republicans because we stand for the ending of Brit misrule in Ireland. Some people dont like PSF because they are paid Crown Officials and ultimately stand for nothing - as they showed, yet again, when they changed their excuse for an economic policy half way through an election when they thought they could climb into bed with Fianna Fáil.

Norfolk Enchants

factual said:

400 high quality private setor IT service jobs were created today in an £18m investment by Fujitsu Services - in Derry and Belfast.

The company will establish a managed IT services centre for Fujitsu's European customer base at Timber Quay in Derry, creating 328 new jobs. A further 74 jobs are to be created at the company's existing facilities in Belfast.

Excellent news for the people of Derry and a great vindication of the peace strategy of Sinn Féin.
Well done to Sinn Féin. Their push for an end to violence by insisting on a democratic option has most certainly had more input in the economic progress North of the border than our pretenders have South of the border.

Unfortunately, South of the border they do need to be more in tune with the current crop of self serving yuppies that call themselves Irish, and get an economist on board to maybe create a Sinn Fein Nua. It doesn't matter if it's true, as long as it's credible, our economy will follow global trends, but you have to make it look like you are able to manage it.

Honesty, morality, conviction, equality....these are no longer issues of concern to the majority of Irish.

iceman

Norfolk Enchants said:
factual said:

Well done to Sinn Féin. Their push for an end to violence by insisting on a democratic option has most certainly had more input in the economic progress North of the border than our pretenders have South of the border.

Unfortunately, South of the border they do need to be more in tune with the current crop of self serving yuppies that call themselves Irish, and get an economist on board to maybe create a Sinn Fein Nua. It doesn't matter if it's true, as long as it's credible, our economy will follow global trends, but you have to make it look like you are able to manage it.

Honesty, morality, conviction, equality....these are no longer issues of concern to the majority of Irish.
Verry good.

:D

Cael

pogo said:
iceman said:
pogo said:
I don't really think they were different.

In the GFA, in essence SF accepted what had been on the table some 20 years earlier, at Sunningdale.

The IRA were fighting for something that had already freely been offerred without duress in 1973, and SF's reluctant acceptance of powersharing within a partitionist state, renders the whole armed campaign 1973-97 retroactively nihilistic and futile.

Times have changed in the sense that present day SF, as opposed to the SF circa Bobby Sands, no longer unconditionally demand a United Ireland.

It is SF that has changed, and not the constitutional position of Northern Ireland within the United Kingdom.
Sunningdale was not really on offer, as the Unionists would not accept it and the English would never have forced them into it. But had it been really on offer or not, the Republican Movement would never have accepted a partitionist assembly.

Your right about Adams & Co. Since they were expelled from SF in 1986, they are continually degenerated to the point now where they are mere Crown Officials propping up and helping to administer Crown misrule. English Crown law has been strengthened in Ireland by the incorporation of former Republicans. You are also correct that it was obscene for Adams & Co. to send young Volunteers to their deaths to strengthen their position at negotiations for a new Stormont regime, while telling them that they were fighting for Irish independance.

DOD

pogo said:
Is that your way of admitting you have beaten her in the past?

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
Cael said:
morryah said:
These jobs are in the UK right? So Sinn Fein is helping the UK economy?

nicely played SF/IRA/MI5.
Of course you could say that if PSF had anything whatsoever to do with these jobs - which they dont. England is trying to build up the economy in the 06, so that it will become a stable part of the UK and less of a drain on the English economy. PSF is trying to play their little part as good Crown Officials, God help them, in bringing the ungrateful natives on board.
But Cael, SF had everything to do with it, they very kindly stopped murdering people and firebombing commercial premises.
Granted it was a few decades too late, but better than nothing.

Well done them.

Rocky

I have to agree with Factual and yes SF should be praised for not murdering people in NI, which is helping the Northern economy. At this point I'd also like to thank FG, Mugabe, David Cameron and Dam near every other person in the world for also not murdering Northern Irish people and therefore using Factual's logic helping the Northern Irish economy.

Website
www.Dublin32csm.com
rockofcashel said:
meriwether said:
This is delusion of the highest order.
Possibly delusional Meri.. but if the economy here goes on a major slide, while the economy in the 6 takes off over the next five years, then going into any future election, SF will be able to point northwards to the fact that they didn't impose some kind of Communist Marxist regime, and the "economic scare" that cost us in the last election will be harder for the larger parties to pull a second time.

Long way to go yet though
Eh, if the economy in the South collapses will your 'unity strategy' not be in tatters?

dewinter

factual said:

There was a £5000000 grant that also helped bring those jobs in also. Also isn't Nigel Dodds, the economy minister, a DUP member?

rockyracoon

Indeed a good number of people have to be congradulated that quality jobs have been created "west of the bann". Had these jobs been announced 10,15,20 years earlier, they would have not been located in Derry. In fact, the powers that be made sure during the expansion of third level education that Derry was downgraded in favour of the "safer" Jordanstown location. No doubt the anit-SF bloc will deride any advancements made in the north over the coming years. Whilst the people of the north have to work for betterment for the ENTIRE community now, the anti-SF bloc can get on with their own segregationist agenda.

factual

A fast stream of good news on private sector jobs for the six counties in the last few days:

Ulster Bank shows six counties private sector jobs expanding:
http://www.ulsterbank.com/content/group/economy/ni_indicators/downloads/PMI/NI_UB_PMI_MAY_07.pdf

1000 More private sector jobs in Antrim:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/6743097.stm

50 more jobs in Belfast for aeronautical engineering
http://www.rte.ie/business/2007/0612/jobs.html

All of this has been facilitated by Sinn Féin's peace strategy, making the six county economy a better place to invest - delivering better quality jobs for people up there.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies