economic vindication of Sinn Féin peace strategy

Bogwarrior

Cael said:
Im really beginning to think Factual is is some kind of "dissident" agent, who's task is to make PSF look ridiculous (as if they werent expert at that themselves), but Factual's robotic output is enough to make the darkest days of Stalinist revisionism look footloose and fancy-free. Can Factual's brainless outpourings really be the New PSF?
Ssssssshhhhhhhh, Cael!

factual

Outside_The_Line said:
factual said:
Outside_The_Line":1dl0mlnm][quote=factual]Six County employment on the rise figures released today show the employment rate in the six counties at its highest ever level...due to the increase in private sector jobs [url="http://u.tv/newsroom/indepth.asp?id=82915&pt=n said:
http://u.tv/newsroom/indepth.asp?id=82915&pt=n[/url]
Why don't you call it Northern Ireland? You do, after all, recognise it as such and uphold its legitimacy.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Your failure to answer me says it all.[/quote:1dl0mlnm]

To answer your question, I prefer the term six counties.

bogtrotter

Good lord..some of you folk have large chips on your shoulders, why can you not accept the fact that we have a government in the northern part of our country and Sinn Fein are part of it and doing a good job so far. it is not their fault that it is ( officially anyway) part of the UK and most of you angry folk were not happy anyway when they Republican movement were violently opposing British rule, so you can't have it both ways, condemning SF for becoming involved politically and at the same time sneering at them for becoming involved politically....Some of you folk will have to start thinking again and start throwing of the shackles of your colonial thinking (due I think to centuries of colonisation) The national question and peace on our Island are to important to be treated in this way by political morons like some of you anti republican people...grow up and start contributing something positive to thteads like this...

Cael

bogtrotter said:
Good lord..some of you folk have large chips on your shoulders, why can you not accept the fact that we have a government in the northern part of our country and Sinn Fein are part of it and doing a good job so far. it is not their fault that it is ( officially anyway) part of the UK and most of you angry folk were not happy anyway when they Republican movement were violently opposing British rule, so you can't have it both ways, condemning SF for becoming involved politically and at the same time sneering at them for becoming involved politically....Some of you folk will have to start thinking again and start throwing of the shackles of your colonial thinking (due I think to centuries of colonisation) The national question and peace on our Island are to important to be treated in this way by political morons like some of you anti republican people...grow up and start contributing something positive to thteads like this...
Bogtrotter, do you have any idea of what you are trying to say? Because I doubt if anyone else has.

Website
www.Dublin32csm.com
factual said:
Outside_The_Line said:
factual said:
Outside_The_Line":1lg2jfjl][quote=factual]Six County employment on the rise figures released today show the employment rate in the six counties at its highest ever level...due to the increase in private sector jobs [url="http://u.tv/newsroom/indepth.asp?id=82915&pt=n said:
http://u.tv/newsroom/indepth.asp?id=82915&pt=n[/url]
Why don't you call it Northern Ireland? You do, after all, recognise it as such and uphold its legitimacy.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Your failure to answer me says it all.
To answer your question, I prefer the term six counties.[/quote:1lg2jfjl]

Why?

rockyracoon

SF cannot take direct accolades from the upsurge in economic activity. Nor can any other party. The northern populace has shown themselves just as competent in driving speculation in housing as their southern counterparts. The vacuum of power until this year allowed this monstrous event to occur.

The real work of SF and others is to address long term economic issues; especially infrastructure isssues. The water and sewerage services of most large towns are often 100+ years old. The motorway issue has to be resolved. The discontinuance of the M1 at Dungannon for political reasons in the 1960's is the most obvious. Many, many other expensive projects have to be tackled.

Fortunately the north has many talented and well educated people to tackle theses problems. The solutions must be taken from the entire community and for the benefit of the entire community. If SF ensures benefits for all, then SF can take some credit for accomplishments.

For all those anit-SF posters. We've heard your rhetotic on a daily basis. Until you are willing to give advice or assistance, your comments are worthless. Trying to force SF out of politics as some sort of solution to any Irish issue is niave at best, exclusionist at worst.

FoxInTheHenhouse

factual said:
Excellent news for the people of Derry and a great vindication of the peace strategy of Sinn Féin.
I think it's hilarious that even SF posters sound like they've been briefed on what to say by HQ. Is independent thought allowed outside the leadership?

factual

Its been a pretty good month for the six counties in job creation terms. Its hard not to link that with the restoration of powersharing. Something SInn Fein have worked hard to achieve there.

factual

scarface said:
factual said:
More great news for the six counties:

NI companies very optimistic:
http://www.rte.ie/business/2007/0620/ulster.html

Shorts to invest £10m:
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/busin ... 676909.ece
will you please stop with this sh1te your party is solidifying British rule in Ireland by helping the 6 county economy
:roll:

Helping the 6 county economy is the best way to make reunification an attractive and viable option - for people on both sides. And it helps improve the quality of peoples lives in the six counties in the mean time.

Its a nobrainer.

shameless

iceman said:
pogo said:
This thread strikes me as a bit like my asking for everyone's congratulations for not having beaten my wife recently.

Of course, Sf's current strategy of not destroying NI's economy is an improvement on their previous strategy of destroying it.

But would that great SF icon Bobby Sands have approved? He was after all imprisoned for attempting to fire bomb an economic target, a furniture warehouse.

Perhaps Factual could explain why destroying other people's property and livelihoods was praiseworthy then, but not now.
Times where different then compaired to now and what happened in the past has made it better for the future. Pogo and others on here stop fishing factual you are well aware of these answers and you are all certainly not stupid i think.
love the aul SF spin, so what Bobby Sands fought for was actually achieved, how proud he would be, especially of all his former comrades who have done so well for themselves.
Personally I find it hard to believe that someone who starved themselves to death for their beliefs was the sort of person who would be happy with the compromise that has been achieved but of course what would I know -its sort of like wondering would Padraig Pearse have approved of Devalera ???

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom