Ed Miliband

Jesus Wept

I've been watching this guy's media performances since he got collected and have concluded that he's a complete plank, totally wooden. British Labour (and trade unions) have gone and picked the wrong brother. This guy won't land a glove on Cameron. I predict at least 15 years of Tory rule.

White Rose

Couldn't agree more. the Tories were cheering when EM won, I can see why already. Labour haven't got a hope in the next election with this guy

The brudder just needs to bide his time, could be after the next election but he'll get in eventually

Interista

I've been watching this guy's media performances since he got collected and have concluded that he's a complete plank, totally wooden.
You've only realised this now?

LeDroit

He's a Jewish guy who doesn't believe in God, unmarried with two children, a wooden media performer and selected by the unions.

Could he be more unelectable?

the_rebubblican

Coneron vs Milibland is akin to punch and Judy wooden puppets. I think Milibland will mature over time to sketch out a more traditional labour centre left position. I'm amazed that when the british elected Cameron they thought they were getting a different type of tory. The speed and depth of the cuts in the UK will leave the economy in a spin and will further isolate the working class. History repeating itself...

hiding behind a poster

I was wondering if there'd be a thread on this - I saw Miliband on PMQs today, and Cameron absolutely filleted him. You can even see in Ed's body language towards the end, that he knows he's a beaten docket.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3AQAmfjEMg]YouTube - PMQs: David Cameron vs Ed Miliband (20Oct10)[/ame]

Sync

He's a Jewish guy who doesn't believe in God, unmarried with two children, a wooden media performer and selected by the unions.

Could he be more unelectable?
Don't forget "Destroyed his more publicly and politically popular brother's career"

Interista

He's a Jewish guy who doesn't believe in God, unmarried with two children,
Ed Miliband has only one child (and another on the way).

In any case, I really don't think anyone other than Daily Mail readers - who would never vote Labour no matter who the leader was - could care less about his far from shocking private life.

sandar

I have no idea what his jewishness has to do with anything, disreali was jewish and PM.
His aetheism wont matter, clegg is an aetheist and so is cable, and Ken Clarke I htink as well, and they are three of the more popular politiocans.
Unm,arried?
Meh ted heath was unmarried and did as well as cameron in electrions(from a more difficult position).
His voice doesnt have that statesman like air , but he will have a public willing to listen qand has time to improve

sandar

Coneron vs Milibland is akin to punch and Judy wooden puppets. I think Milibland will mature over time to sketch out a more traditional labour centre left position. I'm amazed that when the british elected Cameron they thought they were getting a different type of tory. The speed and depth of the cuts in the UK will leave the economy in a spin and will further isolate the working class. History repeating itself...
labour wanted to cut by 20% per department.
The cuts announced today amount to 19% per department.
All three said they would cutter deeper than thatcher, and the public have been broadly supportive of cuts

PrinceMax

I think he's not too bad. If he is no good though, he'll be gone before the next election. He won't be given 'Enda Time' for the public to warm to him.

Jesus Wept

Miliband even beats Gordon Brown in the dourness stakes. Say what you like about Enda, but at least he has a sunny disposition.

johntrenchard

I was wondering if there'd be a thread on this - I saw Miliband on PMQs today, and Cameron absolutely filleted him. You can even see in Ed's body language towards the end, that he knows he's a beaten docket.

YouTube - PMQs: David Cameron vs Ed Miliband (20Oct10)
the first two minutes of that are unreal - Cameron absolutely skewers Miliband.

Notice the big change with Cameron versus Brown - Brown never looked Cameron in the eye and answered questions sidewards.

Cameron looks at Miliband in the eye - much as Blair used to do. Sign of a very confident leader methinks.

Squire Allworthy

Not impressive at present but at least give him 6 months to find his feet. Labour urgently need to discover some purpose, if they don't it won't matter who leads it.

It is in the UK's interests to have an effective opposition. I for one don't hold much faith in Labour sorting out its problems soon.

daithimac

Twitter
@daveyawesome
Oh god.

He makes william hague look good as opposition leader.

he keeps questioning cameron on the trivial matters.

I think at one point you can actually see Cameron smirk seeing how easy this is going to be.

We should open a book now. who is going to be removed from party leadership first. Ed or Enda

PrinceMax

Pretty good performance from him here:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vqlLTVsPkY]YouTube - Cameron v Miliband: First PMQs 13 Oct 2010[/ame]

It's very easy to pick one performance by any leader that makes them look bad.

sandar

Disraeli was born Jewish but later converted to the Church of England
milliband qwas born jewish to aetheist parents and later 'converted' to aetheism.
I.e. both are racially or ethnically jewish but not religiousy so

Popular Threads

Most Replies