Eddie Hobbs has just said on Newstalk a bank run would bring down the eurozone?

vanla sighs

He mentioned what would happen were there to be a bank run in the peripheral States. We're being screwed at the moment, thanks to the "solidarity" from our EU "partners". If the eurozone fell what then is the scenario?

Website
www.politics.ie
Twitter
davidcochrane
A ban run?

Vanla, your OPs are seriously poor in effort, if you can't improve the quality - you won't be allowed start threads, it's not unreasonable to expect a certain level of effort be made when starting discussions on the site. On avg there are now 30,000+ plus visits to the site, one would prefer they weren't met with rubbish OPs.

vanla sighs

Bit harsh isn't it?.......One slight spelling error? I would like to hear more precisely what you object to in other threads I've started, or even replied to? Is it my overall POV that you disagree with?

Website
www.politics.ie
Twitter
davidcochrane
No, I don't disagree with the premise of your thread, I disagree substantially with spelling mistakes by people who think they can bang out a thread on the site in 5 seconds with little effort or detail. It's not a once-off and that's why I'm seeking to point out that the large audience don't need to see poor OPs.

Expatriot

Can there be a spell check on them?

It seems to be an on going issue for a few people.

Mondo

err .......if it brings down the Eurozone will we still have to pay back the loan?

Might be worth considering since we are already shafted.

Expatriot

Once a thread title is up it cannot be corrected if I remember correctly. There maybe a case for a delay in it becoming visible to all so that a mod can be contacted if there is an issue with spelling etc. It could then be corrected behind closed doors. Do posters have the power to move a thread into an invisible mode while a correction is done?

Otherwise just post carefully I guess.

Cassandra Syndrome

Eddie Hobbs thinks he's Eric Cantona?

Insole

Isn't there a brisk walk underway on Irish banks already? The BBC commented on that yesterday and various posters here have confirmed their money was withdrawn long ago.

Paddythai

Hasn't been much talk of bank runs lately.
I would have great difficulty doing business if I keep bringing my account balance down to the minimum. My clients pay by cheque and I pay many bills by DD or cheque.

I'm sure many other busineeses are in similar situations.

A bank run and possible consequent collpase is a worry.

vanla sighs

No, I don't disagree with the premise of your thread, I disagree substantially with spelling mistakes by people who think they can bang out a thread on the site in 5 seconds with little effort or detail. It's not a once-off and that's why I'm seeking to point out that the large audience don't need to see poor OPs.
So sorry my syntax doesn't meet with your approval, perhaps you should rename the site Encyclopedia Brtiannica? :)

Now, if spelling mistakes are someones bugbear it certainly isn't the end of the world. Such a view strikes me as being very petty. If you want to restrict my access or block me from the site I'll leave that totally to your own discretion.

As for banging a thread out in 5 seconds, David, I see that many of your own threads are little more than copy and paste hatchet jobs with a few lines of your own thrown in. As I said, feel free to apply any sanction you see fit but I for one will not duck for cover because a website owner took issue with a spelling error. Being a website owner myself it would never even occur to me to take a member up on a simple spelling or gramatical error but then I'm not so petty and have more important things to think about. You can do as you see fit, David.

ManfredJudge

According to Gertrude Tumpel-Gugerell, Member of the Executive Board of the ECB, the three main challenges for the euro area are the following:
(i) implementation of structural reforms that will eliminate cross-country differences in real economic performance,
(ii)introduction of stricter financial discipline in the sphere of public finances and
(iii)adoption of stricter policies for risk management in the financial sector.
Whether these policies will be successfully implemented is an open question but the euro exchange rate will depend heavily on such measures. It is an elementary truth that the economic performance is the main pillar of a stable exchange rate so the first challenge mentioned should be a priority, analysts agree.

Challenges For The Euro Exchange Rate In Times Of Crisis
By: Dr.Timothy Ross

(Added the bracketed numbers for clarity)

What you find when you look for the euro failing its first crisis as predicted by ..... (insert names here).

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies