• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Eddie Hobbs not co-presenting the Consumer Show anymore??

spidermom

Just seen a preview of the "new" Consumer Show for RTE starting next Tuesday.

Kealan Shanley still there with 3 others I've never seen before.Bill Tyson (award winning journalist!!)....Caitriona (??)and Tadgh(??)

It would seem that Eddie has either gone on to pastures new...or has been dumped!!

Don't particularly rate Eddie myself...but that may be just me!!

Any comments....or gossip on what happened??

Lando Calrissian

Apparently hes signed up for the next series of love/hate.
He plays a shoemaking elf with links to Turkish organized crime via some crazy guys from Ghent.

Big Brother

Dumped perhaps for being too vocal

RTE is state funded and doesnt bite the hand that feeds

I like Keelin Shanley though

More of her please...

tokkie

Kealan Shanley still there with 3 others I've never seen before.Bill Tyson (award winning journalist!!)....Caitriona (??)and Tadgh(??)

It would seem that Eddie has either gone on to pastures new...or has been dumped!!

He resigned from RTE. Inability to understand objectivity.

tokkie

Dumped perhaps for being too vocal

RTE is state funded and doesnt bite the hand that feeds

I like Keelin Shanley though

More of her please...
Wrong. He resigned because they would not afford him his wish to use RTE for his personal wishes. He was not dumped.

Norman Bates

Twitter
norman60bates
Thin Bill Tyson is OK:

Bill Tyson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Probably RTE don't want outsiders involved so much. After all their first consumer programme was presented by Brian Dobson and I think was called See Here. Eddie was nowhere to be seen at that time, he was busy with Tony Taylor investments.

Last edited:

gatsbygirl20

No, it's not just you, Spidey.....

The Hobbit always gets found out eventually, but by then he's moved on to the next gig

tokkie

To his credit, he resigned. He could have stayed on the nice earner and kept his opinions to himself. I'm wondering why the same has not been applied to others in RTE?

Zerubbabel

What ever happened all those apartments in some backwater island called Cape Verde Eddie was constantly trying to flog to innocent people and advised as a good investment ?

Norman Bates

Twitter
norman60bates
What ever happened all those apartments in some backwater island called Cape Verde Eddie was constantly trying to flog to innocent people and advised as a good investment ?
If only Ryanair had a direct flight :evil: ... who wants to make 3 or 4 flights just to get there at a price of, say, 2k each way. :shock:

tokkie

Ah sure, we're all allowed to slip up. Sure didn't you tell us on another thread, that your wife died 18 months ago, in order to win an argument. Some fib that was.

Zerubbabel

Ah sure, we're all allowed to slip up. Sure didn't you tell us on another thread, that your wife died 18 months ago, in order to win an argument. Some fib that was.
My wife did pass away. And eternal rest grant unto her. Thanks for your good wishes all the same Eddie, or whatever connection you have to him.

tokkie

My wife did pass away. And eternal rest grant unto her. Thanks for your good wishes all the same Eddie.
And that is why you mocked other people's wives on the very same thread?! If so, that is dark and twisted.

Zerubbabel

And that is why you mocked other people's wives on the very same thread?! If so, that is dark and twisted.
In response to other unrelated slagging, I made a joke earlier on that thread yes, about someones living and well wife, not mocked, and when they retorted, and went too far, I merely explained my situation, and they politely ceased. Unlike yourself I believe in letting the departed rest in peace, that's all. But thanks for your understanding Eddie, or friend of Eddies.

tokkie

In response to other unrelated slagging, I made a joke earlier on that thread yes, about someones living wife, not mocked, and when they retorted, and went too far, I merely explained my situation, and they ceased. But thanks for your understanding Eddie, or friend of Eddies.
Yes. I believe you. I'm also friends with Eddie.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies