Eddie Hobbs on discussion websites: The Last Word

gijoe

Just now on the last word Eddie Hobbs stated that he has absolutely no time for websites like politics.ie (he did not name check politics.ie but it must have been one of those he is thinking of) where anonymous people write all kinds of things about him and others. He said that a day of reckoning will come in the Courts for the owners of these websites and they will be absolutely 'creamed'. He also said that the same type of standards were infecting the mainstream media with some 'young turk' reporters.

SKELLY

Eddie Hobbs has been found out, abit late to start throwing the toys outta the pram.

Bill D Gallows

Just now on the last word Eddie Hobbs stated that he has absolutely no time for websites like politics.ie (he did not name check politics.ie but it must have been one of those he is thinking of) where anonymous people write all kinds of things about him and others. He said that a day of reckoning will come in the Courts for the owners of these websites and they will be absolutely 'creamed'. He also said that the same type of standards were infecting the mainstream media with some 'young turk' reporters.
Interesting, Hobbs doesn't mind having a go at public servants he doesn't know.

If you can't take it, don't dish it.

Mushroom

Now putting the slipper into Celia Freeloader - always nice to hear!

Iarmhi Gael

Lot of time for Eddie Hobbs myself. Never seen him critised here tbh. For everyone who'll be talked down, there is always some who will support someone.

Cancels itself out. Don't think this site is anywhere as near as bad as others

Fubsss

I wonder if he was referring in particular to "THe Young Turks" who now get over 3 million views on youtube. I'm quite a fan myself.

Nathan

Media

Hobbs positively mentioned a website, askaboutmoney so the point he made wasn't that all content is bad which would be stupid of him but more the false and defamatory nature of some content. He's right about it only being time before a site owner loses his shirt in the High Court. His point about journalists relying on website gossip is accurate but he drew a distinction between good and bad hacks. The deterioration to which he referred presumably are the UK redtop tactics.

Overall it was very frank and he's been right about gold, germany and even cape verde. The money was lost in Irish property, bulgaria and other areas. He's a young family and I don't blame him not wishing to expose his kids to having a politician for a Daddy - because Hobbs would shake things up. He's much more of a street scrapper than Lee or Macker. Didn't know about how long his involvement went back, to 1992 - thats a long record. :cool:

SKELLY

This askaboutmoney!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2q7bBVAo74]YouTube - Brendan Burgess, askaboutmoney.com on banks and shares, RTE News, 16 Sep 2008[/ame]

riker1969

While Im not sure about the legal angle, I tend to agree with everything else he has allegedly said. 70% of the content on this site is pure boot boy canon. I include a lot of my own posts in that charge. I think its more a case of the Sunday Independent mendacity infecting this site rather than the other way round. They certainly inspire a lot of threads. I used to wonder how the NAZIs turned an intelligent people but I no longer wonder, after seeing the way the Sunday Indo tabloid values (masquerading as serious journalism) pervades this site.

wombat

after seeing the way the Sunday Indo tabloid values (masquerading as serious journalism) pervades this site.
I agree there are a lot of nutters who post but describing them as having Sindo values is a bit of a low blow:lol:

Expatriot

I agree with him, I too am sick of listening to mouthy know it all pseudo economists talking crap and blaming everyone else for their problems.

But its not the net I am talking about...

Expatriot

Lot of time for Eddie Hobbs myself. Never seen him critised here tbh. For everyone who'll be talked down, there is always some who will support someone.

Cancels itself out. Don't think this site is anywhere as near as bad as others
Give me a few minutes to round up a few nurses for you.

CookieMonster

Eddie is a tool... and not a very useful one at that. He's one of those ratchet sets you buy off the telly late at night. It might look good, but it's noisy, and never does what you bought it for.

Oh, and consolidate your debts.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies