Eddie Hobbs on discussion websites: The Last Word

Expatriot

OMG

That video explains exactly what went wrong with this country.

firefly123

and he has one of those whiney cork accents. Dont get me wrong I love the cork accent but he just has a whiney one.

Barnacle

He is advising people to invest into Property Companies, whereby you are puchasing a share in the company as opposed to the actual asset. Companies such as REO who's share price has plummeted and part of their debt is going into NAMA (which I have renmaned in my house to NADA - National Debt Management Agency). The type of investments that his business dealt in.

REO Real Estate Opportunities - Financial Performance

Graph shows past three years performance.

dresden8

:p:p:p Could you imagine, Eddie Hobbs = Finance Minister

Me, definitely exit stage left!!petunia
Maybe we could have ended up owning Cape Verde instead of Roman Abramovich owning us.

We've turned into LaLa Land.

adamirer

Hobbs positively mentioned a website, askaboutmoney so the point he made wasn't that all content is bad which would be stupid of him but more the false and defamatory nature of some content. He's right about it only being time before a site owner loses his shirt in the High Court. His point about journalists relying on website gossip is accurate but he drew a distinction between good and bad hacks. The deterioration to which he referred presumably are the UK redtop tactics.

Overall it was very frank and he's been right about gold, germany and even cape verde. The money was lost in Irish property, bulgaria and other areas. He's a young family and I don't blame him not wishing to expose his kids to having a politician for a Daddy - because Hobbs would shake things up. He's much more of a street scrapper than Lee or Macker. Didn't know about how long his involvement went back, to 1992 - thats a long record. :cool:
I thought it was an excellent interview and he was absolutely right about journalism in the papers and the quality of some of the postings on forums that just appallingly slate a perosn and dont engage in real debate.

TommyO'Brien

While Im not sure about the legal angle, I tend to agree with everything else he has allegedly said. 70% of the content on this site is pure boot boy canon. I include a lot of my own posts in that charge. I think its more a case of the Sunday Independent mendacity infecting this site rather than the other way round. They certainly inspire a lot of threads. I used to wonder how the NAZIs turned an intelligent people but I no longer wonder, after seeing the way the Sunday Indo tabloid values (masquerading as serious journalism) pervades this site.
I agree with you.

Few of political websites are above the intellectual level of The Sun - full of superficialities, devoid of knowledge, and frequently ridiculous.

jmcc

Few of political websites are above the intellectual level of The Sun - full of superficialities, devoid of knowledge, and frequently ridiculous.
Guess he must have been reading some of your posts Tommy. :)

Regards...jmcc

Barnacle

Personally I thought his interview was pretty poor but I was never a fan anyway. He slags off websites where he is not painted in a good light, people are entitled to their opinions, discussion may or may not change their opinion. Although I do agree that some comments on some sites are poor. He promotes Askaboutmoney, which is a website that is highlighted on his own site. One point he made was in relation to his income, he said it had dropped off as his main income was from the value of the fund. He said he promoted people not to pay commissions, but hey, % of funds as an income is called Fund Based Commission.

ibis

Guess he must have been reading some of your posts Tommy. :)

Regards...jmcc
...I think you might have your irony filter turned off.

merle haggard

Overall it was very frank and he's been right about gold, germany and even cape verde. The money was lost in Irish property, bulgaria and other areas. . :cool:
but he was advising this entire country to invest their money in Irish property companys , who were massively over exposed in Ireland , Bulgaria and other areas . And its not hard to be right about germany and gold being safe investments . Not since the 1930s anyway . Not pointing out Ireland was heading to hell in a hand basket , for me at least , casts severe doubt upon his credibility as an economic forecaster .

because Hobbs would shake things up. He's much more of a street scrapper than Lee or Macker.
what ? hed start offering TDs out into Kildare street ? all Ive ever seen of him on telly is a bunch of thicks like myself staring agaog at him and thinking hes clever because he speaks confidently on issues most of us are ignorant of . That and Pat Kenny blowing smoke up his ass celebrating the boom time that never was . Hardly adverserial stuff . At best i could imagine him tut tutting to a lithuanian shelf stacker in centra about how , and why , the sausage rolls are cheaper in Lidl up the road and how hell be making a nifty saving by purchasing them there instead - on his debit card and not his credit card .

st3ph3n

Didn't askaboutmoney.com ban discussion of house prices as the bubble neared its peak?
Yes, and that's exactly where thepropertypin.com came from - people who got banned from AAM for daring to speak negatively about the property market.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies