• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Edwin Poots hits a nerve with Easter Rising tweet - he should post here sometime

mido

Poots causes outrage over Easter Rising dig - Irish News, World News & More | The Irish Times - Sun, Mar 31, 2013

according to the Irish times Edwin Poots has cause a twitter rage - not knowing if Edwin posts here, based on his tweet, it would be fairly mild compared to some of the posts here on a variety of subjects. Anyway he has achieved his objective of getting his name back on the front page and ensuring his core vote know what side his bread is buttered on. Mind you given how far DUP have moved can't wait to see him as NI government rep at full 1916 commemoration outside GPO in 2016

“Had forgotten it is the 97th anniversary of a failed rising by subversives,” the DUP MLA said and watched on as a deluge of criticism swamped his timeline. in case any moderator has lost the power of being able to click a link......

Last edited:

IbrahaimMohamad

Poots causes outrage over Easter Rising dig - Irish News, World News & More | The Irish Times - Sun, Mar 31, 2013

according to the Irish times Edwin Poots has cause a twitter rage - not knowing if Edwin posts here, based on his tweet, it would be fairly mild compared to some of the posts here on a variety of subjects. Anyway he has achieved his objective of getting his name back on the front page and ensuring his core vote know what side his bread is buttered on. Mind you given how far DUP have moved can't wait to see him as NI government rep at full 1916 commemoration outside GPO in 2016
But it is the 97th anniversary and it was a failed rising. The Ulster Volunteers however probably did put the gun into Irish Politics in the 20th Century by arming themselves!

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
But it is the 97th anniversary and it was a failed rising. The Ulster Volunteers however probably did put the gun into Irish Politics in the 20th Century by arming themselves!
Ever heard of 1798? Robert Emmett ring a bell? Do the Fenians sound like a rock band to you?

Ex celt

But it is the 97th anniversary and it was a failed rising. The Ulster Volunteers
however probably did put the gun into Irish Politics in the 20th Century by arming themselves!
The hypersensitivity of people is a wonder to behold.
Who gives a flying fiddler's about Poots and his pronouncements. He is a moron as are his "cabinet" colleagues. Bring back direct rule.

Sync

You know, I remember watching Into The Universe with Hawking and thinking "I just can't understand that level of intellect." I have the same feeling when I see people starting threads on quotes/tweets without actually featuring the quote/tweet. I just can't understand that level of thinking.

Hitch 22

The tweet is an accurate description but if Poots thinks that description denigrates the 1916 Rising he clearly is an idiot.

The 1916 rebels were spurred into action by the firstly the suspension of Home Rule and later the disastrous casualties suffered by Irishmen fighting in the British Army.
The hard-line republican clique who planned the rebellion had been persuaded to go along with the drive for Home Rule in the early 20th century which fell at the last post when World War I broke out.
Convinced that the British could no longer be trusted they began planning rebellion in 1914.
The massive casualties suffered by Irishmen who joined the British Army further discredited John Redmond.
The will of the Irish people had been clearly been usurped prompting the men of 1916 to subvert British rule and declare an Irish Republic.
The rebellion was a heroic failure.
The subsequent groundswell of Irish nationalists away from Home Rule and behind Republican program of the Irish Volunteers and Sinn Féin proved the men of 1916 right.

The tweet is just a juvenile attempt to stoke up republican and nationalist anger and sadly it is succeeding.

Niall996

What an obnoxious retarded buffoon. Seriously, how backward are these dinosaurs. I can never understand how the nationalist community up there managed to put up with them over the years.

InsideImDancing

Unionist politico with the IQ of someone who believes the Universe is only 6000 years old shocker!

rmn640

This would be the same Poots who doesn't believe in carbon dating, dinosaurs and celebrates subversives himself such as the ousting of King James?

Aye right :lol:

For it being easter and the celebration of JC's return, the interwebs aren't exactly alight here in Norn Iron with christian love...

Drogheda445

I wouldn't usually care what a creationist clown who believes that Jesus rode around on a dinosaur has to say about anything tbh, but this is a rather childish outburst for a government minister, even if he is opposed to republicanism.

mido

You know, I remember watching Into The Universe with Hawking and thinking "I just can't understand that level of intellect." I have the same feeling when I see people starting threads on quotes/tweets without actually featuring the quote/tweet. I just can't understand that level of thinking.
could be a breach of copyright? but anyway since you couldn't be bothered "“Had forgotten it is the 97th anniversary of a failed rising by subversives,” the DUP MLA said and watched on as a deluge of criticism swamped his timeline.

Swords Hoopster

Just look at the picture of the guy on that link. Before I even read a word or heard about his bizarre beliefs, I knew he was a little bit thick.

Look at the head on him!

Sync

This would be the same Poots who doesn't believe in carbon dating, dinosaurs and celebrates subversives himself such as the ousting of King James?
If dinosaurs were real then why was there no reference in the bible to them? Stop being a jerk :mad:

mido

If dinosaurs were real then why was there no reference in the bible to them? Stop being a jerk :mad:
he has competition in that field

J

Johnny Boy

“Had forgotten it is the 97th anniversary of a failed rising by subversives,” the DUP MLA said and watched on as a deluge of criticism swamped his timeline.
Poots calling kettles black..............................:roll:

theloner

Loyalists and social media just don't mix!:D

The FA Cup's comments wouldn't look out of place on some of those batsh1t crazy FB pages dedicated to the loyalist fleg protests.

Swords Hoopster

For it being easter and the celebration of JC's return, the interwebs aren't exactly alight here in Norn Iron with christian love...
That is of course the biggest irony about these "Christian" frauds. Filled with so much bitterness and hatred for their fellow man, they couldn't be more unlike Christ if they consciously decided to do and be the complete opposite of what he taught. Of course this is lost on them however as they talk about their 6,000 year-old earth and the talking snake.

What a backward little bunch they are.

Sync

I'm so desensitised to people being idiots on social media that the only thing surprising about the story is that he hadn't locked down his page to comments.