• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

EFLOW and Jusice.

MauriceColgan

Website
www.politicalworld.org
Received a letter from EFLOW shortly after trading in my Skoda Fabia for an Octavia Elegance, 28TH March. It seems the Fabia had been seen on the M50 April 3rd. So I get a bill for 3 Euro.

I telephone EFLOW and explain to a girl that the car was no longer mine.

She said she would pass on that info to the powers that be.

A week later two letters arrive from EFlow Claiming added Euros for late payment!

I ignore the letters. More letters from EFlow demanding payment with threats of highly increased penalties.

I contact Eflow and am told to provide documentary proof of the change of ownership of the Fabia. I send a photocopy of the dealership contract.

Yesterday I call Eflow after receiving more letters demanding payment with 100 Euros mentioned! The guy on the telephone tells me I was still the registered owner of the Fabia on the 3rd of April 2013. I told him I was not on the M50 on that date. "Doesn't matter you are still liable!".

So if the guy/gal driving the car at the time had hit a pedestrian and killed him/her I would be liable?

Crazy state of affairs backed up by the Department of Transport.

Nevertheless this morning I received a letter from EFlow accepting my argument and documentary proof and I am no longer being pursued for the cash.

In all it has taken dozens of letters and a number of telephone calls to straighten out the affair. But Catch 22 had nothing on the conversation I had with the guy on the telephone yesterday. A stickler for the rules no matter how crazy they were.
"Can't you just delete the case now you know the truth of the situation and that I have no plans at all to pay the money EFLOW requests? I said.
"No, he replied, you will have to contact the Department of Transport.
I was Transported! To the realms of Joseph Heller!

Sync

I wouldn't have bothered with all the effort. Send the photocopy via registered mail. Ignore all further letters and refer all phone correspondence to the registered letter. Then hang up. Their failure to organise themselves shouldn't take up your time.

lies

Twitter
yes
They tried to get 7k from me for a series of tolls, which I had in fact paid. They didn't have my correct address - god knows why - and so they just kept raising my fines without once contacting me. At some point I moved house and they got my new address somehow as part of that.

I was able to prove I paid at least a few of them, luckily, so they then tried to bring it down to a couple of grand.

I basically laughed them off the phone.

They sent threatening letters, but like you I was able to show they had actually no evidence at all about what I'd paid and what I'd actually paid and what I hadn't.

It's a total shambles and god knows how much they're illegally stealing from people and how much they're losing through incompetence.

What a joke.

nonpartyboy

my brother in law owes them thousands, crosses the m50 twice a day never paid a penny since it went freeflow......the ,mother has a shed full of post from eflow.
He just says good to them.....

damus

Send them a registered letter outlining the details that you traded in the vehicle on x date, the copy of the vehicle transaction inquiry for your old reg number on motortax.ie, and tell them that if they don't disist from harrassing you that your advising them that your fee for e-flow is €200 per 1/2 for administratively dealing with this issue from hereon in. I wouldn't bother phoning them.

MauriceColgan

Website
www.politicalworld.org
Send them a registered letter outlining the details that you traded in the vehicle on x date, the copy of the vehicle transaction inquiry for your old reg number on motortax.ie, and tell them that if they don't disist from harrassing you that your advising them that your fee for e-flow is €200 per 1/2 for administratively dealing with this issue from hereon in. I wouldn't bother phoning them.
I did send a note about them harassing a senior citizen and that I might have to sue them!

How many innocents face the added costs and pay up?

damus

I did send a note about them harassing a senior citizen and that I might have to sue them!

How many innocents face the added costs and pay up?
A relative of mine had similar problems when he went through the M50 having already pre-paid the toll. They're a bunch of w8nkers and that's putting it mildly. They're obviously not keeping proper books of accounts under company law if they're improperly billing people to the extent that they are.

daveL

Received a letter from EFLOW shortly after trading in my Skoda Fabia for an Octavia Elegance, 28TH March. It seems the Fabia had been seen on the M50 April 3rd. So I get a bill for 3 Euro.

I telephone EFLOW and explain to a girl that the car was no longer mine.

She said she would pass on that info to the powers that be.

A week later two letters arrive from EFlow Claiming added Euros for late payment!

I ignore the letters. More letters from EFlow demanding payment with threats of highly increased penalties.

I contact Eflow and am told to provide documentary proof of the change of ownership of the Fabia. I send a photocopy of the dealership contract.

Yesterday I call Eflow after receiving more letters demanding payment with 100 Euros mentioned! The guy on the telephone tells me I was still the registered owner of the Fabia on the 3rd of April 2013. I told him I was not on the M50 on that date. "Doesn't matter you are still liable!".

So if the guy/gal driving the car at the time had hit a pedestrian and killed him/her I would be liable?

Crazy state of affairs backed up by the Department of Transport.

Nevertheless this morning I received a letter from EFlow accepting my argument and documentary proof and I am no longer being pursued for the cash.

In all it has taken dozens of letters and a number of telephone calls to straighten out the affair. But Catch 22 had nothing on the conversation I had with the guy on the telephone yesterday. A stickler for the rules no matter how crazy they were.
"Can't you just delete the case now you know the truth of the situation and that I have no plans at all to pay the money EFLOW requests? I said.
"No, he replied, you will have to contact the Department of Transport.
I was Transported! To the realms of Joseph Heller!
I've had run ins with eflow, O2 and many debt collection agencies. Their threats are all hot air.

When your debts are small there is little they can to you... They can't touch your credit record without getting very costly judgements against you in the courts... Usually registered letters disputing their claims silences them.

commonman

that lot should be ran out of the country,another golden cow the government give away.

daveL

I wouldn't have bothered with all the effort. Send the photocopy via registered mail. Ignore all further letters and refer all phone correspondence to the registered letter. Then hang up. Their failure to organise themselves shouldn't take up your time.
And tell them that further correspondence beyond mail will constitute harassment

freewillie

And tell them that further correspondence beyond mail will constitute harassment
Reply to them in a mixed up east european langauage style. Address all your responses to Herr Commadant of Reichsfuhrer until you drive them mad. Give a false telephone number (perhaps an ambassy) and request them to contact you

Bonsai Experiment

What an absolute rip off that set up is.
You have until 8 o clock the following day to pay or it doubles to 6 Euros. So basically if it slips your mind for a single day , it doubles.
Now :mad: dont fncking tell me that the objective of giving you so little time to pay it is to purposefully catch as many people out as possible and double their toll for a poxy little 400m stretch of motorway. If you blinked you would missed the signs telling you you owe them money.
If I had a rental car I would spend my day driving back and forth through that fncker until I ran up a 500 Euro bill then emigrate and come back in a year and hopefully owe the evil cnnts a couple of hundred thousand, then wipe my ass with the bill and send it to the vatican with a picture of jesus upside down, on a cross made out of dildos.

Aagghhh I fncking hate you Eflow... now....i'm off to pay my 6 Euro bill