• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

EgyptAir jet carrying 66 disappears over Mediterranean

'orebel

Last edited:

kalipa

Greek air traffic controllers spoke to the pilot who didn't report any difficulties,

Search and rescue teams have received a signal from the plane's "emergency devices"

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
Only odd thing about this so far is that a distress call is being reported as being received two hours after it disappeared from radar. If that distress call was the EPIRB it wouldn't be so odd. If it was radio comms, it would be. Unclear now.

mr_anderson

See this is how P.ie messes with my brain, as the first thing that popped into my head was 'Is Sinead O'Connor on board ?'.

Let's hope all are safe.

I wonder if the cause was mechanical or religious malfunction ?

kalipa

Only odd thing about this so far is that a distress call is being reported as being received two hours after it disappeared from radar. If that distress call was the EPIRB it wouldn't be so odd. If it was radio comms, it would be. Unclear now.
They're saying it was a distress signal not a call

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt

mr_anderson

Nationalities on board.

• 15 French
  • 30 Egyptian
  • 1 British
  • 1 Belgian
  • 2 Iraqis
  • 1 Kuwaiti
  • 1 Saudi
  • 1 Sudanese
  • 1 Chadians
  • 1 Portuguese
  • 1 Algerian
  • 1 CAD

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
See this is how P.ie messes with my brain, as the first thing that popped into my head was 'Is Sinead O'Connor on board ?'.

Let's hope all are safe.

I wonder if the cause was mechanical or religious malfunction ?
The flight was at high altitude.
It left from CDG.
It was operated by Egypt Air.

Occam's says mechanical.

Clanrickard

Conspiracy theorists in 1...2.....3

Clanrickard

Nationalities on board.

• 15 French
  • 30 Egyptian
  • 1 British
  • 1 Belgian
  • 2 Iraqis
  • 1 Kuwaiti
  • 1 Saudi
  • 1 Sudanese
  • 1 Chadians
  • 1 Portuguese
  • 1 Algerian
  • 1 CAD
I'll start.

The sea below this flight is full of NATO ships patrolling for migrants. Is it possible the plane was accidentally shot down?
Plus there did not seem to be any Israelis or Americans on board. hmmm......................

raspberry tea

Okay heres what i think...It was an abrupt ending - if it was a structural failure there would have been a series of warning signs picked up on over a period of time,but this was almost instantaneous,so it could have been a bomb smuggled on board..And god knows there are plenty of muslims working at the airports that have been employed in Paris,you know how wonderfully diverse their workplaces are...Enjoy diversity,even if it kills you!

Disclaimer;Im not saying im an expert but that is what i think and from what i have heard on the radio this is what i think it points to...

Last edited:

Clanrickard

The most likely conspiracy is an ISIS attack. We should know shortly.
If it was a bomb then yes. Will cause havoc in Cairo with security as foreign airlines will be be very wary of flying in to airports in Egypt.

gleeful

If it was a bomb then yes. Will cause havoc in Cairo with security as foreign airlines will be be very wary of flying in to airports in Egypt.
This flight took off from Paris. If it is a bomb, that is where the problem was.

Clanrickard

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies