• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

Blokesbloke

Come to Ireland, and if you rape someone whilst you’re here we’ll knock a few years off your sentence cos you’re foreign.

Irish judges as loony as British ones I see.

If I ever make it as a judge there’ll be none of this crap!

razorblade

I wonder if this is due to campaigning from Egyptian politicians and the media there? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
It must have been one of the bargain deals for the release of Mr Halawa it cant just be a coincidence that as soon as he's released this comes up.

damus

Remission

59. (1) A prisoner who has been sentenced to -

(a) a term of imprisonment exceeding one month, or

(b) terms of imprisonment to be served consecutively the aggregate of which exceeds one month,

shall be eligible, by good conduct, to earn a remission of sentence not exceeding one quarter of such term or aggregate.

(2) The Minister may grant such greater remission of sentence in excess of one quarter, but not exceeding one third thereof where a prisoner has shown further good conduct by engaging in authorised structured activity and the Minister is satisfied that, as a result, the prisoner is less likely to re-offend and will be better able to reintegrate into the community.

(3) This Rule shall not apply to a prisoner who is serving a term of imprisonment ordered under section 18 of the Enforcement of Court Orders Act 1926 (No.18 of 1926), a prisoner sentenced to life imprisonment or to a prisoner committed to prison for contempt of court.

(4) Nothing in this Rule shall result in a reduction in the period of remission of a sentence an individual prisoner has been granted prior to the entry into force of these Rules.

S.I. No. 252/2007 - Prison Rules, 2007
Strange that acceptance of guilt doesn't factor into the equation.

tigerben

Has multiple convictions , what must you do to be deported from Ireland. What benefit was he to our country , what “useful”skills for work purposes did he have.

Wascurito

Come to Ireland, and if you rape someone whilst you’re here we’ll knock a few years off your sentence cos you’re foreign.

Irish judges as loony as British ones I see.

If I ever make it as a judge there’ll be none of this crap!
Ah couldnae resist....

KEYHOLE KATE

Slow Mo knows his "national" rights, aided and abetted by rapacious lawyers and landlords.
I wonder what attracted him our rainy little island jutting out into the Atlantic and far from the Pyramids?

pumpkinpie

"He imposed a sentence of 11 years, but suspended the last year of the sentence because of his foreign nationality and the fact that this would make prison harder for him."

He got 10 years.
He won't serve 10 years though.

pumpkinpie

An actual quote from the judge

He imposed a sentence of 11 years, but suspended the last year of the sentence because of his foreign nationality and the fact that this would make prison harder for him.

Outrageous. I am sure after 10 years, he will be well acclimatized to prison. Well, more like 2-4 years.
If an Irish man raped an Egyptian woman in Egypt what do you think the verdict would be? Certainly not time off for being foreign.

pumpkinpie

Has multiple convictions , what must you do to be deported from Ireland. What benefit was he to our country , what “useful”skills for work purposes did he have.
Driving offences, public order offences and theft. This began in 2006 so why the frick was he not deported?

pumpkinpie

It must have been one of the bargain deals for the release of Mr Halawa it cant just be a coincidence that as soon as he's released this comes up.
The judge had postponed things until a psychiatric report could be done on the guy because he refused to accept that he raped the woman.

Florence

Driving offences, public order offences and theft. This began in 2006 so why the frick was he not deported?
on what basis was he here anyway? Tourist visa and overstayed? Work permit - doing what? 'Asylum' seeker?

tigerben

As well if he is here since 2006 , how come it will be harder for him in prison. It’s not as if he just crossed the border or got off a plane 2 months ago. How long should some one be here for a judge to say a year off as he’ll find it harder in a Irish prison. The length he has been here and his criminal record shows he know the courts are lenient and free legal aid will be provided.

flavirostris

Just been on twitter and Irish feminists are completely up in arms about this. The twitter machine is in total meltdown with the sheer volume of condemnation of this lenient treatment of a rapist.

... Only kidding.. nothing at all.. tumbleweeds from the sisterhood.

Because saying anything would be waycist and you can't have that.

Karloff

Just been on twitter and Irish feminists are completely up in arms about this. The twitter machine is in total meltdown with the sheer volume of condemnation of this lenient treatment of a rapist.

... Only kidding.. nothing at all.. tumbleweeds from the sisterhood.

Because saying anything would be waycist and you can't have that.
The multicult brigade and the feminists are like two gangs who agree not to step on each other's turf.

I wonder was the judge thinking 'in his culture rape is different so i'll let him off lightly'.

eoghanacht

"He imposed a sentence of 11 years, but suspended the last year of the sentence because of his foreign nationality and the fact that this would make prison harder for him."

He got 10 years.

They must have you all on ignore ger, or maybe they just want to spend forty pages slagging off femminist wymmin, the left, The Irish Times, Ibrahim Halawa and Merkel.

flavirostris

Last edited:
Last edited:
The multicult brigade and the feminists are like two gangs who agree not to step on each other's turf.

I wonder was the judge thinking 'in his culture rape is different so i'll let him off lightly'.
It's kind of similar to the well-established pattern that's been seen in Sweden. You have a third wave feminism there that constantly talks about 'rape culture' but says absolutely nothing about the real rape culture that has been imported into the country from the Middle East.

After a horrific gang rape on the island of Gotland of a woman in a wheelchair, the Swedish feminists turned out en masse for... an anti-racism demo.

Shpake

He got 10 years.
So, let's say he gets all "discounts" for good behaviour, parole etc., etc. How many years miniumum would he serve? I take it that it will be about 5 years.
Will be be deported then or is it a case of we simply don't know?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom