• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Eilis O'Hanlon: Flag-draped loyalists risk throwing away their prize. re Census results + Flag Protests.

Legolas

Eilis O'Hanlon: Flag-draped loyalists risk throwing away their prize. re Census results + Flag Protests.

Just read this article from the Independant.ie. Found it made some excellent points regarding the census results and the recent protests.

THE census figures in Northern Ireland are like awards ceremonies in Hollywood. People can't wait to hear the results, then immediately dismiss the whole thing as meaningless on finding out they haven't won.

So it was again, as the initial realisation that the Catholic and Protestant communities were now almost neck and neck (45 and 48 per cent of the population respectively) was immediately tempered on the nationalist side with the shock of realising that only 25 per cent of those surveyed described themselves first and foremost as "Irish".
Read the full article here: Eilis O'Hanlon: Flag-draped loyalists risk throwing away their prize - Analysis, Opinion - Independent.ie

I find myself agreeing with most of the article. The Unionist protesters out on the street fail to realize small steps like allowing the Union flag to fly for only desingnated steps is a small price to pay to win the bigger war, the constitutional status.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aristodemus

I wonder how she defines herself?

Glenshane4

Just read this article from the Independant.ie. Found it made some excellent points regarding the census results and the recent protests.

Read the full article here: Eilis O'Hanlon: Flag-draped loyalists risk throwing away their prize - Analysis, Opinion - Independent.ie

I find myself agreeing with most of the article. The Unionist protesters out on the street fail to realize small steps like allowing the Union flag to fly for only desingnated steps is a small price to pay to win the bigger war, the constitutional status.
I have a very low opinion of Eilis O'Hanlon but I entirely agree with her column in the Sunday Independent of 16 Dec 2012.