• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

éirígí website - 'Account suspended'

S

SeamusNapoleon

I might be jumping the gun somewhat here and misunderstanding website maintenance and the like. But anyway.

Just now I went to log onto éirígí’s website (eirigi.org), and the page came up blank with this written:

Account suspended
Account for domain www. eirigi. org has been suspended

It’s the same if you try to access it via google or duckduckgo i.e. it is not just as problem of attempting to access it directly vie the search bar at the top of a browser.
Like I hinted in the opening line, I’m not jumping up and down (yet) shouting about censorship and such but, given there is no explanatory note from the organisation regarding maintenance or some such, I’m a bit ignorant about this.

Any mentions on any other forums or can anybody here enlighten us with non-pathetic one-liners?

ruserious

Isn't their only representative in prison? Probably access problems :lol:

statsman

Much appreciated. Cheers.
No bother. What often happens with small organisations is that everyone thinks that it's someone else's job to renew the payment, or the person who did it last year has left/emigrated/got sick/forgot. It's much more common than you'd think with political and/or community groups or even small businesses.

Lonewolfe

No bother. What often happens with small organisations is that everyone thinks that it's someone else's job to renew the payment, or the person who did it last year has left/emigrated/got sick/forgot. It's much more common than you'd think with political and/or community groups or even small businesses.
Maybe they refuse to pay the unjust charge?

Aindriu

I might be jumping the gun somewhat here and misunderstanding website maintenance and the like. But anyway.

Just now I went to log onto éirígí’s website (eirigi.org), and the page came up blank with this written:

Account suspended
Account for domain www. eirigi. org has been suspended

It’s the same if you try to access it via google or duckduckgo i.e. it is not just as problem of attempting to access it directly vie the search bar at the top of a browser.
Like I hinted in the opening line, I’m not jumping up and down (yet) shouting about censorship and such but, given there is no explanatory note from the organisation regarding maintenance or some such, I’m a bit ignorant about this.

Any mentions on any other forums or can anybody here enlighten us with non-pathetic one-liners?
It is most likely that they haven't paid their fees to the hosting company.

goosebump

Clearly the work of MI6 and the Special Branch.

former wesleyan

Why would an adult admit to accessing an IRA-LITE site ?