Election 2011 - Dublin South West

drjimryan2

hi all.......

some comprehensive opinions in todays tribune......

hayes, rabbitte, maloney and a contest between crowe and oconnor for the last............

so what do ye think of that?

lenihan will be a big loss to both the constituency and also the 'rebuilding' effort in ff. maloney will make a poor td(imo), as does oconnor and did crowe.....

its fair to say that out of 4 in the dail, we presently have a minister, 2 td's and a councillor.........post election we will have 2 td's and 2 councillors.....

and we wonder why the country is in its present state?..........

going forward is more frightening, look at the age profiles and the lack of anyone really credible on sdcc..............

dsw could be in for a long haul without credible representation........

or am i missing something?

codology

hi all.......

hayes, rabbitte, maloney and a contest between crowe and oconnor for the last............

lenihan will be a big loss to both the constituency and also the 'rebuilding' effort in ff. maloney will make a poor td(imo), as does oconnor and diid crowe.....

its fair to say that out of 4 in the dail, we presently have a minister, 2 td's and a councillor.........post election we will have 2 td's and 2 councillors.....

going forward is more frightening, look at the age profiles and the lack of anyone really credible on sdcc..............

Lenihan will be a big loss is probably in line for the funniest/sarcastic post of the year.

dotski_w_

Website
irishpollingreport.wordpress.com
hi all.......

lenihan will be a big loss to both the constituency and also the 'rebuilding' effort in ff. maloney will make a poor td(imo), as does oconnor and did crowe.....

I'd have thought you'll have at least one front line cabinet Minister in Rabitte (could see him in Justice) and Hayes probably a Junior Ministerial position.

Better than most places I'd have thought...

turdsl

Lenihan may be a loss to his constituency, As regards the country, they harm he has done over the last 2 years will be remembered for a long time.,

clunk

If there is a Sinn Fein bounce would the final seat be between Maloney and FF1 either Lenihan or Tallaman with Crowe taking the third seat?

Crannog

I'd have thought you'll have at least one front line cabinet Minister in Rabitte (could see him in Justice) and Hayes probably a Junior Ministerial position.

Better than most places I'd have thought...
Rabitte would be great in justice he could liase with some of his old pals in the officials with regards to where they hid there guns. Or perphaps finance as they had some unique ways of raising it when he and his buddies were there.

nowst

from what i heard charlie o connor is not certain to run at the next election, he is getting on now, mid 60s and may feel its a good time to leave.

Lenihan he has been a poor TD for his constituency never mind about his performance as a minister

As for credible representation - Rabbitte & Hayes are certain to have a big say in the next government

Rocky

Lenihan has been a poor TD both nationally and locally and will be no big loss to either. Hayes and Rabbitt are the two big guns in the constituency and have been for a while and that will remain the case.

It's a hard one to call, but if I was to guess right now I'd say Hayes, Rabbitt, Maloney (presuming Labour don't add Duff) and O'Connor with Crowe missing out.

drjimryan2

rumours abound, around the house and around tala........

a 'deal' seems in the works.........

one candidate for one seat?.........or will the 'curse' strike again?

davehiggz

2 Labour
1 Fine Gael
1 Sinn Féin

Fianna Fáil are on 17% nationwide and probably around 15% in Dublin. Even if there's only one candidate O'Connor will lose out. Transfers are not going to FF at all. Just look at Donegal. FG just edged FF on the final count to take second place.

drjimryan2

interesting stuff alright......

todays times suggesting that conor will switch to south.......

any thoughts?

dotski_w_

Website

any thoughts?
I'd have thought he'd go down like a lead balloon there. Andrews or Hanafin could at least point to a big chunk of their existing constituency moving in, but he's no such excuse, and is also more easily portrayed as an idiot. Could also split FF vote enough for them to lose the single seat

Red_93

Rabitte would be great in justice he could liase with some of his old pals in the officials with regards to where they hid there guns. Or perphaps finance as they had some unique ways of raising it when he and his buddies were there.
I'm sorry, you're a shinner...:eek:

Anyway,the sticks decommissioned a few months back

Rocky

agree totally with you......it seems like he has become fianna fails ivana.......
It wouldn't suprise me if Lenihan was pushing it himself. He must know his seat is gone in DSW, but I'd doubt he'd do well in Dublin South either.

Have FF held their convention in DSW yet and if not anyone when it'll be?

theoutsider

any thoughts?
My understanding is that Andrews is going to be shoved into DS as they had an Andrews in DS before, they'll use the excuse of part of DL going into DS.

Having Conor would be more fun though!

dotski_w_

Website
My understanding is that Andrews is going to be shoved into DS as they had an Andrews in DS before, they'll use the excuse of part of DL going into DS.

Having Conor would be more fun though!
Very widely speculated in this parish for some time that Andrews would do that, but he flat out denied it last week.

wombat

Very widely speculated in this parish for some time that Andrews would do that, but he flat out denied it last week.
Hanafin into Dublin Sth is far more likely and makes a lot more sense.

leix

IF FG are brave they would go for two here. Colin Brophy or Brian Lawlor, lawlor would gather a lot of votes in the Firhouse end of the constitunecy (tradionally FF voters, likely to switch to FG or Lab, so a local FG'er would benefit greatly ...... Firhouse end currently won't have a local candidate to vote for .... On a very favourable day could pushing for two seats ... Hayes will be over the line regardless.

Would say, LAB 2, FG 1, and FF,SF and FG in a fight for the final seat. Depending on voter turnout.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies