Election Date November 25 2010

Do you think a General Election is likely before Christmas?

• Yes

Votes: 113 30.5%
  • No

Votes: 258 69.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

controller

In the opinion piece in the Sunday Business Post "Inside Politics, Back Room" page 19 in the main section of the paper, which this week was obviously written by a FFer, his last note at the end of the article was

PS: a date for your diary: November 25, 2010 - election day

No link yet as, the online edition of the Sunday Business Post now uploads at 10am on Monday.

SinnShane

My guess is it'll fall with the budget - as a consequence of independents backing out and followed swiftly by an avalanche of heroic FF gombeen men.

drjimryan2

turkeys generally dont vote for christmas......however, were in 'all new ground' here......

around the house the xerox machines are doin overtime and some of the usual 'press release faces' are gone to ground.....out canvassing, its just one for most constituencies so go get it, is the logic........

Labour not having the people in place will save a few bacons.....

Dsw, DN, Dl, DSC, to name but a few......

its game on alright......25th november?...i'll pencil it in....taht makes 'fall day' thursday november 4th?....

fun and games....

jackryan

turkeys generally dont vote for christmas......however, were in 'all new ground' here......

around the house the xerox machines are doin overtime and some of the usual 'press release faces' are gone to ground.....out canvassing, its just one for most constituencies so go get it, is the logic........

Labour not having the people in place will save a few bacons.....

Dsw, DN, Dl, DSC, to name but a few......

its game on alright......25th november?...i'll pencil it in....taht makes 'fall day' thursday november 4th?....

fun and games....
Very true about Labour the longer they have the more prepared they will be especially in rural areas!

gijoe

fun and games....
Bring your 'fall day' a week earlier as Cowen and FF will want the maximum time of 4 weeks for the campaign to get their message across and to expose the likes of Labour in particular with their populist but unrealistic talk.

jmcc

Thanksgiving Day as the turkeys fall?

Regards...jmcc

Samell

NO NO NO not that week please no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is the week I decided on 3 months ago to go on my only holiday for the last 2 years, and I want my say on how badly FF get thrashed. How do I vote by proxy, post, early, late, overseas any way I can, must vote, no vote=no right to complain/post!

stripey cat

That would be a short campaign.

Maybe.

I can't see them going without a flurry of pro-government ads in the run up to the campaign though, can you?

jmcc

That would be a short campaign.

Maybe.

I can't see them going without a flurry of pro-government ads in the run up to the campaign though, can you?
More appearances for them on their tame Pravda shows with Tubridy and O'Connor.

Regards...jmcc

oggy

NO NO NO not that week please no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is the week I decided on 3 months ago to go on my only holiday for the last 2 years, and I want my say on how badly FF get thrashed. How do I vote by proxy, post, early, late, overseas any way I can, must vote, no vote=no right to complain/post!
I thought FF had ruined the country and nobody could afford a holiday. I cancelled my 4th holiday this year in solidarity with the downtrodden people of Ireland. Everyone should do the same !
Anywa, if the election is 25th Nov how the heck could anyone miss the best election campaign in the short history of our country

cricket

I'd say FF / Greens will have a go at bringing in a budget and hope that , with the retreat by the independents , they will have sufficiently tarnished FG , and possibly Labour ,to make the public less angry with them in the GE that would follow the failure to pass a budget.

dotski_w_

Website
irishpollingreport.wordpress.com
In the opinion piece in the Sunday Business Post "Inside Politics, Back Room" page 19 in the main section of the paper, which this week was obviously written by a FFer, his last note at the end of the article was

PS: a date for your diary: November 25, 2010 - election day

No link yet as, the online edition of the Sunday Business Post now uploads at 10am on Monday.
certainly possible, their backroom ppl appear to be starting to move into election mode. I suspect there'll be a heave beforehand though - a lot of indiscreet bad mouthing of Cowen going on

In a way I think we should all vote for FF, I would love to see how they are going to clean up THEIR mess.

jmcc

I suppose that FF candidates will be hoping that their posters will be hanging from lamp posts instead of them.

Regards...jmcc

oggy

In a way I think we should all vote for FF, I would love to see how they are going to clean up THEIR mess.
What mess ? Nothing wrong with this country that cannot be fixed. The sensible thing of course would be to retain FF in power cuase if there is one certainty in Irish politics that is the FG and Labour parties are so far apart it is a practical impossibility they could even agree on the time of day !!

What mess ? Nothing wrong with this country that cannot be fixed. The sensible thing of course would be to retain FF in power cuase if there is one certainty in Irish politics that is the FG and Labour parties are so far apart it is a practical impossibility they could even agree on the time of day !!
Yeah, the con merchants would love for FFers to remain in power. What am I saying? FFers are the con merchants!

controller

What mess ? .... if there is one certainty in Irish politics that is the FG and Labour parties are so far apart it is a practical impossibility they could even agree on the time of day !!
That would be unlike FF and the vegetables who were sooo closely aligned before the last election

THR

Isn't the election in Ireland due in 18 months time at the latest anyway?

turdsl

Lets all hope that the next government will provide us with the standard and dignity the people deserve, Standards have been lowered almost daily under the present regime. Tomorrow is a very sad day for democracy in Ireland, when a Fainna Fail dominated government go to court to defend its act of refusing to hold elections to the Dail and using taxpayers to defend it, Is this what Sean MacEntee had in mind when he confided in Garret. We have not just reached economic ruin but are morally bankrupt as well. Sad times indeed.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies